rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Workout At Gyms For Great Prices And No Contracts

How To Workout At Gyms For Great Prices And No Contracts

Quote: (02-04-2012 03:04 PM)canucktraveller Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2012 01:21 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

That's incorrect. The Gold's deal here is $9.99 a month. Gold's is a franchise and prices can vary from location to location and among various owners.

The reason they lowered it to that price is because a Planet Fitness and another gym opened up in the area and they both charge $10 per month with no contract. Gold's also lost higher end customers to Lifetime Fitness, which is $80 a month with no contract and a new LA Fitness is currently being constructed in the area as well.

The guy that owns this Gold's also owns another one and only made it $9.99 at the Gold's I go to.

Its funny that you mentioned Lifetime fitness. My buddy mentioned last that a lifetime fitness was opening nearby and it is supposedly crazy, indoor and outdoor pools, climbing wall, multiple bball courts, artificial turf field... So I looked into it this morning and they are charging $130 per month plus tax (13% here).

That is just insane, I know I pay too much right now for a goodlife membership ($60 mth) but its close, a nice gym and the membership is good anywhere in canada, but I can't even imagine paying more than double just to swim in an outdoor pool

Damn, $130 is too high. I was a member for 6 months at $79 a month. The gym is the bomb. I got back into playing basketball because of that gym. The outdoor pool was a thong fest in the summer with plenty of hot women. The amenities are great. I only ended my membership in December because the drive was a little long for me (20 minutes) and there is an LA Fitness opening walking distance from my house, plus I have the Gold's membership for $10 a month. There is also an aquatic center 5 mins from me with 2 olympic size indoor pools so I have plenty of options. If I lived closer to Lifetime, I would have kept the membership; the clientele is good.

Messages In This Thread