rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dark circles under eyes

Dark circles under eyes

I looked into this over the summer because I got sucker punched (and lost the ensuing fight, but no big deal) and ended up with a shiner around my eye. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as it gives me something to talk about, but my mother was visiting me in just a few days. My mother believes that my lifestyle is excessively dangerous and risky and often cries when I relate things to her that she doesn't approve of, so this was something I wanted to hide. I asked the girls at the salon for advice, and they recommended vitamin K at night to heal and to use the concealer during the day to hide it.

Vitamin K is useless. Caffeine is useless. Hydroqyinone is useless. There is no topical cream which can address dark circles under your eyes, period. The only thing you can do is improve your lifestyle (especially sleeping more) or pursue cosmetic surgery.

I don't say this just from personal experience, but from research. There is no research of any kind which shows that dark circles can be treated. It's all hype and marketing. I'm not sure why it's legal to sell products that make specific medical claims which are not at all validated by any sort of clinical study or peer-reviewed research, but since when have women been impressed by logic and facts? Some of the products can also actually make the skin around your eyes worse because they contain alcohol as a transport agent (e.g. the Garnier dark circle fighter products), and alcohol dries out your skin.

Concealer is just makeup, but it works really well. There are numerous concealers, just make sure you don't spend a lot of money on it and that it doesn't have alcohol (check Beautypedia). If you're self-conscious about your dark circles, just apply some concealer before going out. If you have puffy eyes, that's a problem caused by swelling (think about how black eyes work) and can be mitigated with an ice pack, Patrick Bateman style.

Messages In This Thread