rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Basque Region of Spain and France

Basque Region of Spain and France

Laner,
Biarritz was my playground growing up as I grew up 1 hour by car from there. Every summer, I would spend 1-2 months there. It's an amazing place. 1-2 weeks won't be enough man. THere are many nice beaches in the area, and the area gets hopping specially during the summers where it gets literally invaded by all the northern europeans (german, dutch, scandinivians, belgian, but also brits not to mention the rich spaniards and portuguese). Plus, if you can, in August, they have a huge festival there, in nearby Bayonne, called les fĂȘtes de Bayonne, which is a huge corrida festival, with lots of hard core corridas aficionados coming from all over the world, and that of course, attracts mad chick talent from all over southern France (IMO, the best French girls), Spain, Portugual, Italy and northern Euro girls too. I remember growing up spending my summers there and during those festivals, it was so packed that people were sleeping on the benches in parks, or even on the lawns all arond town. It was a mad party for a whole week. Unfortunately, I haven't been in years but if it's anything like even half as fun as it was in my time, then it'll be mad fun.

Other great litle cities in the areas that are little gems for both the beach and party vibe: Anglet (small town near Biarritz), St-Jean-de-Luz, another very scenic town, reminds one in some degree of Monaco, with its steep slopes and hills. You can be on the beach one moment and the next moment, 3-400 metres above sea level and have a mesmerizing view of the ocean/port.

During the summer, that area (Biarritz, Anglet, Bayonne aka BAB) but also St-Jean-de-Luz is packed with tourists and is among the best places in the entire European continent to be and one of my fav in the world. So much that this is where I intend on "settling" down when I do decide to have kids and do it back where I grew up. The food is to die for, the vibe is very chill, almost like a Marcel Pagnol or Paul Gauguin novel, think 19th century, where everyone knows everyone and when you go to the local bureau tabac aka convenient store or boulangerie or local restaurant, everyone knows you on a first name basis and greets you as family. So as i was saying, during the summer, there are lots of festivals, specially on Basque culture, like pelote basque, palla, (just google it, no english word for it), corridas and lots of rugby (and since alpha and alphaesque things are popular in here, probably THE ultimate alpha sport along with corrida) which is the national sport in the south west of France. Go there in the summer and you'll have the time of your life.

Side note: after writing this post, the gates of memories flashbacked in my mind from the time I was growing up there, so much that this is where I'll be going this summer!

Messages In This Thread