rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Psychology

Psychology

MBTI holds the seductive power of being able to tell you exactly what you told the test, except phrased slightly differently so that you think it's some insight into your personality. It preys on the same human vulnerability that allows psychics to exist in a society that can scan the inside of the moon by keeping a pair of orbiting gravity measuring probes at a distance from each other accurate to within the width of a red blood cell.

If you're using it to "read" girls, stop and think about whether or not you'd have come to the same basic conclusions about her personality without the MBTI terminology. If I meet a girl at a coffee shop that's dressed in a subdued manner and has had her nose in a book the whole time without looking up, I'm going to have a base assumption that she's an "I". If she's dressed flashy and checking her phone every five seconds, I'm going to go with "E". But that's just replacing "shy" and "not shy" with letters. Even knowing nothing about MBTI you would have come to that conclusion, and hopefully adjusted your approach to either get the attention of the social butterfly, or not scare off the wall flower.

I fell for this thing back in college when I was trying to figure out a career. The result was similar to this:

Messages In This Thread