rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

All Montreal, All the time!! Montreal Only.....

All Montreal, All the time!! Montreal Only.....

Agreed. Le Germain is about a block from my house and although its right "downtown" its not the most ideal location. Staying the old port would be the best option I feel as well, or anywhere further south. There is one with a great terrace roof bar down there but I forget what it is called. Brought a girl there once, great place to start, or finish the night.

Everything Luckystarr said is true but in my experience gaming in the old port has had mixed results. There are tons of couples and families, but maybe I just went on bad days.

Also, you might want to check out Plateau / Mile End, they are neighborhoods that have the feel of the lower east side / the village in Manhattan.

But basically the breakdown of the three major partying / bar districts are:
1) St. Laurent - both hipster and music (dive) bars, with good atmosphere, and the house / electronic clubs. St Laurent is probably Canada's most famous streets. Although not much to look it, it is where the French part of Montreal, and Canada, truly begins, and is a great mix of the two. Although it is slowly beginning to look a lot like crescent. As for game, dress well, really well, play it cool and fun in the bars and typical club game in the clubs.

2) Crescent - This feels like sort of a retail drinking area, although it is aesthetically pleasing inside the pubs, bars, and clubs, it is devoid of any real culture. A lot of yahoos here from the states come up and congregate here to piss on Canada as if it were Tijuana. Crescent is a real pussy goldmine though, lots of groups and people on vacation looking to have fun. The bars here are the sort of superpubs montreal is now known for, Hurleys, Churchills, etc. There are a few smaller style clubs on Crescent, but this really isnt my scene and I usually end up at these places if I am hammered. Skip over to Rue de la Montange for a few more higher end clubs.

3) St. Denis - Montreals francophone (french speaking) drinking district and cultural centre. Here is a wide mix like St. Laurent. You have street kid anarchists, middle aged francophones, young and old, etc. The common denominator is that this place is French, but don't let that discourage you. Spend a night here, check out the eats and the drinks. The bars here are big, and have a great atmosphere.

4) Old Port: There are two types of old port, the touristy part and type, and the very high end. This is the most expensive part of the city, aside from some burbs, and there a few high end clubs and lounges. Those that I have been to have been some of the best, but this is where Montreal's money lives, older single women and men with too much money.

Also, there are a few after hours clubs that cater mostly to the drug and what is left of the rave scene. The best of the lot is Circus which borders the Village.

Messages In This Thread