rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Secret Society by Tyler Durden

The Secret Society by Tyler Durden

Quote: (01-15-2012 12:27 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

If this meshes with your overall belief system, You should look up Brad P and his take on club game/night game. It fleshes out the practical side of the "secret society"

Warning, my response is a bit tangential:

Maybe I will. Although, I don't really have a belief system. I apply models that I find useful in getting what I want or that protect my self interests.

We all ultimately use beliefs to advance our self interest, and most of the time the beliefs are taught and adopted as unmoveable models of reality (hopefully taught by someone with your self-interest at heart - one of the most horrible travesties of the human experience is when people are taught belief systems that ultimately hurt themselves and benefit others - it's very common that people don't understand the ultimate purpose of their various beliefs). However, you can also actively adopt and drop models as a method of continuous self improvement and increasing personal effectiveness.

"Belief" in any one model is just the failure to acknowledge the possible validity of other models, and therefore to deprive yourself of the effectiveness of something better when and if it comes along. Reality is subjective and changes according to the perciever. Hence, people who don't believe or know about the amorphous "secret society" and people who do. For the men that don't believe in it, it doesn't exist. And it really doesn't. No one seriosuly beleives that women are consciously aware of a secret society, least of all women. As far as women are concerned, their "secret society" is comprised of the most truly alpha men that they know. End of story. For those men that do beleive in it, it serves to mold the subjective reality around them to the end of making them more effective in their environment.

But that's getting a bit off-track. I'm open to new game techniques, but that being said, my technique hads been fairly well fleshed out for a while. I find the "secret society" metaphor a simple set of rules for player / alpha sexual behavior that are difficult to argue with - and when men do go against them they tend to get laid less or crash and burn horribly when presented with a real "secret society" situation as my friend was recently (should the situation not immediately lead ot the bedroom - hence cutting short the time the ignorant man has to fuck it up). It's not that I believe in an actual "secret society" or any of the other weird bullshit that Durden crafts around the core set of rules (like making men feel bad who aren't "in the society").

I had no idea that that little article has become so popular. I forget when I read it, but it was defiantely 5+ years ago. It stood out for me then, and has been a useful and effective framework of rules for me. It allows me to get a meta-perspective on what other guys do wrong (as do a couple of other frameworks) where they have no model to know why the woman didn't respnd the way that she thought he would.

Thanks for the recommendation, though. I'll check it out.

Messages In This Thread