rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Peru Thread

The Peru Thread

Quote: (11-02-2016 07:43 AM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

After getting my Iphone pickpocketed in Cusco

Ok, quite possible, but they do steal smartphones in the west too, out of your very hands.

Quote:Quote:

some weeks ago yesterday I got robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight. Two men one armed with a gun walked into the tour agency I was in and robbed me and the employee of the tour agency.

Possible, but if it was indoor it wasn't "broad daylight". Your use of misleading language shows your persistent habit of exaggerating and distortion.

This happened in Huaraz where I am now. My mobile and wallet got stolen.
Another mobile phone? You seem to be having large numbers of iphones/mobiles stolen, in a short period of time. Buying more smartphones/iphones in Peru, on a student budget, as fast as they are stolen? (And they appear to be stolen from you constantly, though never your fault).

I reported it to the tourism police who were usless and annoying as fuck.

As usual you are exaggerating to make yourself seem more of a victim and everybody else stupid. My experience, and backed by tour guides and other visitors, is that Peru values tourism since they make quite a bit of money on it and are not dismissive to foreigners reporting crimes. Really, both useless AND annoying? You offer no detail as to why, other than they didn't magically make your stolen items reappear. And demanding bribes? After being useless and annoying, or before? Or maybe we should doubt your 100% negative feedback about Peru, which seems to be horrible no matter what city you are in.

They are even making me pay a fee for the fucking police report, which they refused to even translate into English (this was at the tourism police).

I thought you are a Spanish student; and why would you need to read the report, when you are the one who gave it? Why would you expect a foreign country to file official reports in English?

I was late to arrive at the tour agency for my tour agency by 20 minutes because some food I ate the night before (at a more expensive restaurant mind you) made me vomit the next morning which made me 20 minutes late. If I was on time I would have been out of the agency and never got robbed.

Peruvian food is so bad that not only do you get horribly ill, but you get robbed because of it later! Blaming others is the child's response to adversity. Not relevant, even if true. The food made me lose my iPhone, again!

This was after a tour I was on (the same day I ate the dodgy dinner) where I got lost because of a lack of signs and a useless tour guide (he was actually just a cook not a tour guide, because they split the group in two and only had 1 tour guide)

A cook as a tour guide, huh? Likely. Hopefully it wasn't the same one as above that gotcha "sick-robbed". More "useless" people at that--except you, you are the eternal victim, superior but not appreciated.

and then the tour company bus to go back to Hauraz broke down and I had to wait a long time and catch 2 collectivos back to Hauraz. Fucking Peru!!

That's a likely day; food poisoning/daylight robbery indoors/ceviche chef as tour guide/broken bus/two "collectivos" back, as a mere single transfer would not suit your story of horrific suffering in the 3rd-world dystopian nightmare that is the tourist track of Peru in the summer.

Messages In This Thread