rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting a Men's Club - done it? Thought about it?

Starting a Men's Club - done it? Thought about it?

Actually yeah!

I just signed a lease on a place in Chinatown that is perfect for this. We are using it as a clubhouse, a place to have poker nights, chill before/after the bars, and just generally have a place to go with guys that need to get away from their families for a bit.

At the moment, I have the lease and two other guys split the other 50% of the rent. All other guys have to donate things to get us fit out- brown leather furniture, brass floor lamps, chrome bar set, fridge, stereo, alcohol, etc. Instead of dues, we will just let guys bring booze or such until our bar is set up.

I do both a mens meetup (carry over from the protests against the RVF/ROK fiasco last year) as well as a mens book club. This might eventually happen here as well, but the book club currently gets one of the best back room whisky bars in the city for free so not any time soon for this.

So far the downsides are the time spent there. It seems like guys would be down to spend a bunch of time there, but its been hard. Most guys are very busy, especially the case when its still in set up phase. A lot of the guys that are really into this idea are 9-5 corporate guys, so they lack skills to do any reno work and are only available evenings and weekends.

So far though, having a clubhouse right in Chinatown above some of the best lounges and restaurants in the city is bad ass. It just feels cool.

Messages In This Thread