rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let's talk about style, and your looks to bang girls!

Let's talk about style, and your looks to bang girls!

Quote: (01-09-2012 05:04 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Great thread.

But I have something to add.

If I tried to rock the looks that have been shown here in Rio where I live (I'm sure other places too), in at least 90% of the venues over there people would look at me and think:

-This guy works here?
-Is he security?
-Poor fella, I bet he's drowning in sweat.
-Did he come from work?
-Someone is going to mug him in 3, 2, 1...
-What is wrong with him? He's completely misplaced, what a bozo.

So what has been shown here doesn't really fit all sorts of places.

What other alternatives could there be if you are gaming in a more loose and warmer environment?

Maybe it's different for locals, but as a foreigner, I don't think fashion is too important in Rio for many reasons. First, it's a casual kind of place--no suits--with very warm weather, so less is more (just make sure what you have on looks good on you). Also, even though safety isn't really an issue for me personally when I travel, I always take precautions in Rio and try to dress in a way that doesn't draw undue attention to myself. You won't see me rocking anything fancy (watches, jewelry, etc). Because of the danger and inequality in Rio, dressing fancy brings you attention from thieves, criminals, and pros.

I think the same can be said about the attire for cities in the North like Salvador, Recife, and other coastal cities. Same laid-back vibe.

I think dressing to impress becomes important in Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, and Southern Brazilian cities (particularly the interior ones).

Messages In This Thread