rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

National Defense Authorization Act 2012 ?

National Defense Authorization Act 2012 ?

Quote: (01-05-2012 08:35 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2012 04:04 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

eh color me not worried or concerned.

im MUCH more concerned over the economic status of the US....

Do you think that a country which will detain its citizens for any reason will grant economic liberties to those same citizens?

Exactly. If you don't fight the "small" fights, you won't be in a position to take on the bigger fights later on. Once government has taken your freedoms, you'll never get them back. That's why this is cause for concern. Just remember the liberal outrage over the Patriot Act when it was introduced under the Bush Administration. Now, you hear low-pitch grumbling at best, against the Obama Administration's fascist policies. I really think the white liberal base is psychologically incapable of holding him to task for his executive overreach--which is why I think the Occupy movement inevitably lost its legs; that movement would eventually have had to challenge and confront Obama in unison at some point, but they were psychologically unwilling or incapable of doing so.

Had it been President Bush who ordered the due-process-free execution of a U.S. citizen expat a couple of months ago--Anwar Al-Awlaki--we wouldn't hear the end of it. The newspapers and editorials would have gone mad criticizing and excoriating the guy. With Obama, we don't hear anything. That was like a 2-day story. Can you believe that? Al-Awlaki didn't even commit any crimes. Even if there was evidence of him having done so, and there wasn't, he would have been entitled to his day in court. His killing was conducted in violation of Habeus Corpus, the US Constitution, and even the Magna Carta (1215 AD).

That's wild. Obama has not only maintained the federal "wartime" powers introduced by his predecessor, but he has expanded them, while getting a relative free pass in the process.

Messages In This Thread