rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet

Quote: (12-30-2011 01:28 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Hey Hencredible Casanova, how much POUTINE did you eat??/

Did you make it up to Quebec City? If not, make a point to do so on your next trip, you won't regret it, trust me!!!

Some other BIG parties include: the Just For Laughs comedy festival, F1 indy races, Les Francofolies and of course the national party every June 24th, Ste Jean Baptiste day!

One thing I must add about the people of Montreal, I"m sure you'll agree, they are VERY cool and hip people, have great style and take great pride in their appearance. Especially if you're going to hit up Cresent and the posh St Laurent clubs and bars, DRESS TO IMPRESS!!!

Generally, the Quebecois people tend to think of people of Anglo-saxon decent (les maudits anglais, or the damned English!) as a bunch of uptight square heads (thats how they refer to an English speaker, a tete carree) who work way too much and don't know how to loosen up and have a good time! They make fun of us English Canadians a lot and to them, you're basically a nerd until you can prove other wise!

Canadians: if you're from Ontario, especially Toronto, lie and say you're from elsewhere, BC is probably the best, Quebecors love BC and HATE Toronto (I wonder why? lol)

Americans: If you're from some boring state like oh, I don't know, lets say South Dakota or Iowa (no offence guys from there!),, lie and say you're from somewhere cool in California, NYC or the best place to say you're from, Florida, preferably with a condo in the south Florida area (as Mixx will soon find out, ultimate DHV)

Anyway, once again, great info dude, thanks for posting this!

PS: If you love horny Quebecois (aren't they all?) women on vacation, best places to hunt for them in USA (oh ya DON'T call them French Canadians, more on this later): South Florida beaches in winter, Florida NHL games when the Montreal Canadiens are playing, and this absolute gem: SUMMER TIME AT OLD ORCHARD BEACH MAINE, check this link out:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/article...?page=full

Thanks for this post dude. I LOVE poutine! It's not the healthiest food in the world, but few things are more tasty after a night of getting shitfaced.

You are totally right about how trendy people in Montreal are. Both guys and chicks have a unique and sophisticated sense of style. It really reminded me of Paris in that sense. For guys who love to dress the part, you will be pleased with what Montreal has to offer.

I didn't make it to Quebec City, though I wanted to. It was just that we could never find ourselves able to leave MTL. I hear English is far less spoken in Quebec City and that if you don't know at least some French, you'll have a hard time with locals. I've also been told that it's really a place where you spend no more than two days. With that being said, Quebec City is considered the most European city in North America.

I'm looking forward to your data sheet on the rest of Quebec. Thanks for the info so far.

Messages In This Thread