rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist says Christmas songs are creepy

Feminist says Christmas songs are creepy

Quote: (12-23-2011 01:42 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

It was hard to tell if this was real or a feminist parody.

Yeah, it was hard for me to tell too. Watching this video brings me back to when I went on a date with an unabashed feminist years ago. What a trip.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" plays at our store all the time. I remember it sounding creepy the first time I heard it, especially upon hearing the "say, what's in this drink?" line. The song has since become one of my favorite holiday songs. I think it's funny as shit. The Rod Stewart/ Dolly Parton cover is even funnier. It ends with Dolly saying: "You sure know how to wear a girl down, don't you? Ok, ok..." Haha. Classic. I think that that improvised line is important. It signifies that she's consenting...and having fun with the whole thing.

I understand why a feminist might be offended by that song, but when you really think about it and get a sense of humor it's actually a pretty cool song. It really goes to show you how much sexual relations has changed in the past couple generations. A song about a player "subtley pressuring" a girl is assumed to be borderline rape today. What a world.

The feminist's objection to Mariah Carrey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" is completely absurd. The song is about a woman's desire for her man during the holiday but the feminist twists it to mean that she feels that her man is the only thing that can provide meaning in her life. Complete distortion. I laughed at that one.

Messages In This Thread