rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

get past enlightenment

get past enlightenment

Quote: (12-23-2011 07:42 AM)November Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Im becoming like some commented on the roosh thread, cynical about everything, and not being able to find meaning or purpose...
get therapy, whatever. Just try and get to the core of your problem. Once you do that, you can fix it and move on.

Full disclosure: I'm in the psychotherapy business, but not looking for patients.

What you're calling "enlightenment" seems to me to be actually the adoption of a highly damaging, "black-and-White", over-simplistic view of the world, which is poisoning your social life.

However this type of global, unrealistic assessment --"women are all whores"--causing a stagnation in your development is something that would respond well to a qualified psychotherapist-- almost certainly at first a man in your case.

In an early session that crazy statement "All women are whores would have to be seriously, deeply explored. It can take months and years to really find the issues that are underneath this type of surface idea and work your way out of negative thinking like that.

Here's some example logic:

Shrink: All women don't have sex for money, so what is your definition of whore?

You: Well, they're thinking about getting it later.

Shrink: Well, don't you think there are women who actually contribute MORE than their share of money to relationships, in other words, they actually are losing money in a sexual relationship?

You: I guess so. ( You'll have to admit this logically. But to FEEL like the truth is the truth can take years. )

Shrink: But you're still angry at them. Even though some aren't whores.

You: Yes.

Shrink: What hapened before you first started feeling really angry,? What hopes did you have, that were dashed before you started feeling like this about women...

repeat for 6 months to two years. I need a new Volvo....(Kidding)

To be blunt, you are being intellectually lazy. It's just not that simple with women. They are definitely NOT all whores, by any dictionary definition of the word.

What you're really saying -- unclearly to yourself and others-- when you use that word; is that you're angry at them. The reasons, it seems, are one experience with one woman. It's like looking at 1/100 of a square inch of a piece of shit with a microscope and declaring the whole world is exactly like that. All shit.

Anger hurts only you. It's work to get over it.

Messages In This Thread