rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Approaching in martial arts gyms

Approaching in martial arts gyms

I reccomend tani otoshi, easy transition into kesa gatame. Then, when your head is down near hers, stare into her eyes, say "buy me a drink after class or I'll put a choke on".

Seriously, I don't recommend any kind of cold approach. At my dojo, there's a few couples who train together, but they all met MUCH younger, in college. I would spend a lot of time scoping out girls, finding out what their situation is, etc. I just found out that the cutest girl in the dojo who I thought was single is actually in a serious relationship. Girls don't wear jewelry when they train so you won't get the easy clues like a wedding ring. Also, it's not like a gym where people come in do own thing and leave. Relationships at the dojo are much closer, and you stand a really good chance of being asked to leave the dojo. This is about long game.

There's one yellow belt at the dojo who has a terrible rep for hitting on girls either in the dojo or relatives of members. It's so bad that when we go out in social situations, the black belts have stepped in and cockblocked him intentionally. He'd probably have hit on my teenage daughter by now if he didn't already know I was her dad.

Messages In This Thread