rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where in the world can I get a decent piece of real estate for 15,000 USD?

Where in the world can I get a decent piece of real estate for 15,000 USD?

It's also my aim to have a place I could rent when I'm working abroad.

Paris is too expensive and I believe the yield is too low. I am in Berlin currently visiting different neighborhoods and trying to gather as much info as possible. Many cities declared a war against airbnb, for instance in Berlin you can't rent unless you really live there, They want to avoid foreigners buying to rent the whole year on airbnb because it gets difficult for locals to find places to live. An option could be to rent with 3 or 6 months contracts to be sure you ll get your place back, less flexibility than airbnb but also less risky, no potential troubles with the cityhall.
The tricky part in that kind of investment is to get all the relevant information. As a freelancer I'll have no pension so I need to get a source of passive income, real estate seems the safest option.
I am also considering Rio, Spain, the US...still at the very beginning of the process, any of you guys are doing this business with success?

Messages In This Thread