rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Handle US Customs Like A Boss (For US Citizens Only)

How To Handle US Customs Like A Boss (For US Citizens Only)

This is good info HC!
Is it is the same for Canadians re-entering Canada? I've been at times, in my earlier trips to Brasil, asked questions and even had my whole bags searched and one time, they even went over all my pics and I was delayed an hour in Toronto upon returning from Fortaleza via Miami. However, in my last few times coming from Asia, I've been lucky as I wasn't asked any question other than just a couple of where were you and for how long. The first time, which ironically was the time I was worried the most as I was returning home from a few months in Asia and I had a couple of suitcase full of stuff I had brought and undeclared at customs. However, I did 2 things differently that time and I'm sure it had a lot to play into that and they were:

- be fully suited returning from BKK via Abu Dhabi. I was probably the only guy in the entire plane fully suited and that had some role to play IMO.
- Canada being a bilingual country, I went straight to a French speaking immigration officer at Pearson in Toronto and greeted him in French and he just took my passport, scanned it and didn't even ask me one question other than "Bienvenu" (welcome back.

Since then, returning from overseas, I always adopt these 2 tactics: be suited up or at least nicely dressed and go straight for the French speaking agents and I usually get a much smoother entry into Canada. Anyone tried those tactics and has it work for you guys? Can we, as Canadians, also tell an immigration officer who's too curious, to mind his own business?

Messages In This Thread