rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is New York City becoming like DC?

Is New York City becoming like DC?

Let me ask you a question... you arrive in Manhattan, and you don't know anyone in the city. Furthermore, you don't have any special events to attend. Where do you go?

If it were a smaller city, you'd probably hit up some designated "party area..." but this is NYC. There are no party areas as such. There's a gazillion small bars or lounges where people sit in groups (and their whole point is to get away from the madness outside). Clubs? Half of those are for the music/DJ experience or getting drunk/high like Pacha. I was at Pacha for all of 15 min. before I realized I was in the wrong place. Webster Hall was a little better, but the place felt like a joke, I was the only person there who was dressed up, it's obviously not for meeting people. Marquee was a sausage fest.

All the other places are much smaller and random. It's not like Dupont or K Street in DC where you can bounce between neighboring clubs and there's no problem getting in, and you know that's the designated party area where the crowd congregates.

One other thing that's suspicious to me is that people in NYC don't really dress up when they go out, they're very casual. Now I know we've talked a lot about DC women being ugly and not dressing well... but NYC, though more hip, is in fact more casual. When I wear my DC club attire (dress shoes, collar shirt) I'm way overdressed for NYC. What that tells me is that the agenda for the night is non-romantic in NYC. It's maybe hanging out with friends or the drug scene or what have you, similar to Europe.

Those are some of the things that have disappointed me on recent visits to NYC. But I didn't know anyone in the city, so I was just randomly exploring places based on info from Yelp.

Messages In This Thread