rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Computer programming lounge

Computer programming lounge

I'm in the middle of an MITx intro to programming with python course. My python is self taught and not too bad but I reccomend the intro course anyway. We just did a project with bisection search, we're into recursion now. I've always been able to write code but the real slick approaches to problems have never really come naturally to me.

For the guys asking about ios, get yourself a middle of the road mac mini. Then take the stanford ios development course. It is free on itunes. There is also a free book on the language on the ibooks store, called "the swift programming language." The stanford course is excellent.

At this point you could put together the equivalent of a real-deal 4 year university com sci degree just with free courses that the assorted universities put out there. I try to stick to those offered by the high prestige schools because they've been so good to me thus far. There's even a site out there that indexes everything out there and organizes a little catalog into a sort of degree track. Obviously there's no degree at the end of it but it can be helpful as a guide for what sort of things you are generally expected to know going into the field.

I made a pretty cool little script that does interest/balance calculations, I was thinking about making some python/django based site that takes visitor input into the script and spits out some info graphics that could give some advice for paying big debts. I'm having a hard time hooking up my code to a web page, not so much the actual programming but the git commits and virtual env and just the whole stack of tools you have to line up to bring the damn thing online.

Messages In This Thread