rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tips on breaking UK lease agreement

Tips on breaking UK lease agreement

Greetings everyone,

I seem to have found myself in a pickle. I recently moved into a new apartment with three Spaniards. When I first met them and interviewed with them they seemed very nice and friendly. I enjoyed talking with them and they seemed like they'd be fun to live with. I was told that I would need to go through my one room mate for discussions with the landlord since he doesn't like to be bothered.

Fast forward almost 4 days into the lease, I send a text message to my one room mate about getting our dish washer and oven fixed both of which are on their last legs.

Long story short, Spanish woman says that it is unreasonable to expect the landlord to fix the oven as their are many other things ahead of it that are more important and need to be fixed. I refuse and ask why she hasn't given a list to the landlord and ask for all of them to be fixed as this has been done previously when I had problems with my apartment in every situation. Apparently she staggers repairs to keep the landlord happy? It really doesn't make any sense.

She also refuses to let me contact the landlord. I even went so far as to ask my neighbor who also has the same landlord. He called him and the landlord went so far as to REFUSE to have him give me his number saying I need to go through my room mate.

Frankly I am fed up and after our exchange which I have saved she said some not nice things to me. I don't trust the safety of my belongings and am trying to GTFO as quickly as possible.

I've contacted and scheduled time with an attorney who specializes in contract disputes tomorrow to see what my options are. I've reviewed my contract and it does not have a break clause. However my room mates discussed that if I wanted to move out I would need to give them 2 months notice. Frankly I don't want to stay here for 2 months and want to leave as quickly as possible.

As I've said, i'm meeting with an attorney to see what my options are tomorrow. However, if there are any UK gents who have any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone.

Messages In This Thread