rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Low post and zero rep newbies: Read this

Low post and zero rep newbies: Read this

Quote: (08-14-2015 11:47 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2015 11:16 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Do I have a high reputation and high post count? Nope. I started this account a few weeks ago instead of just posting under my real name, which is what I've done in the past. My identity isn't the best kept secret, but I don't want it associated with Google. And I want to speak my beliefs, which extreme SJWs now characterize as "extreme hate speech."

I get where you're coming from. SJWs are going to try and penetrate the RVF. But at the same time, writing off every "n00b" with a strong opinion is counterproductive. We're not all actually "n00bs", and the focus should be on the quality of the poster's content.

Further, I hope that more are gaining the courage to speak out, even if it's anonymously. Despite having a prominent blog (not focused on masculinity or game), I've lurked for years in the forums. But it's gotten to the point where I feel the need to speak out, strongly, but using my real name would hurt my business.

No one is asking you to post under your real name. We strong advise against it. However, even if you did, I wouldn't change a whole lot. This is a forum about game, travel, women and self-improvement.

If you've blogged prominently about how to cook a mean steak and put up a datasheet, you'd obviously be considered a more trustworthy source due to your blogging reputation and could get away with some controversial remarks about how often to flip the steak while grilling.

However, generally accomplishments in other areas don't mean much here. Over the years, we've had guys make shocking claims about topics of conversation and sometimes it has turned out that their claims were in fact completely made up.

When it comes to the topic of game, for example, any guy espousing a gaming system that sounds unrealistic is going to be viewed suspicious, and possibly banned, if his claims are outrageous enough.

However, if the same claims and game suggestions were made by a forum member who has met other members and his proposed techniques have been witnessed in action by other credible members, then that is a very different story. There are cases where that has occurred here and also where the opposite has occurred.

All we are asking of new members is that they take the time to build a reputation here. We simply cannot take your word for it that you are a prominent blogger and a cool guy, especially if your blogging activities have nothing to do with what this forum focuses on.

I personally held back from posting too much game suggestions myself until I'd been repped by some guys who had seem me in action and could speak to my abilities and even now, I'm not trying to school other guys on how to be more alpha with Chinese women.

We're a community of men who have joined the forum to give back. Look for opportunities to contribute value. Drop some datasheets. Meet some forum members. Do that and you won't have to worry about being a noob.

I actually don't disagree with much of what you're saying.

My own blogging has to do with the law and free speech, which obviously has a lot to do with this forum and masculinity issues in general.

On a personal level, I got divorced a few years ago after being married for 12 years. When I first got back into the dating scene, I was extremely confused. Ask most for advice on women and the response is "be nice, buy her flowers, take her out a lot, and listen to all her stupid bullshit at the drop of a dime." Yet at the same time, Dave the guy with all the tattoos is getting laid on a regular basis by the girl I thought was a special princess, even though he can't bother to return her text messages. That lead me to this place. At first it was a means to an end to get laid more, and hopefully find a girlfriend / future wife. Now it has a much broader and important implication.

A few years into it and enough poosies plundered, I'm not all that interested in game or wasting too much time on women. They're generally vapid, insecure, and boring. I know enough game to keep my balls empty, and it's had an extremely positive impact on my life. Sex used to be a giant mystery, and frustration. Now it's not.

What interests me much more are the broader social implications that are starting to be addressed. The feminization of men and the masculinization of women. The notion that third wave feminism is akin to a religion and beyond questioning or criticism. Re-examination of traditional gender roles. Due process, even when such a fundamental constitutional right happens to be unpopular on college campuses. The notion that some people now think that "free speech" means a right not to hear certain things, rather than a legal right to say things people don't want to hear.

The masculinity discussion started as a way of understanding female attraction, but in the process it started a dialogue about critically important social issues that have gone unaddressed for far too long.

Messages In This Thread