rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS: War time rules in effect

NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS: War time rules in effect

Quote: (08-11-2015 03:38 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2015 03:27 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2015 03:18 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Even the backlight of every screen works as a face recognition system (Snowden mentioned that publicly - you would have to sit with a face mask in front of every screen - including those of smartphones).
I think you misunderstood, how does a light recognize a face? He was probably talking about the front facing cameras on devices, which is also what they generally use as a light sensor for the backlight and screen brightness.

Not exactly. The camera is clear, but easy to block. He actually said that the screen light reflects your face and then gets projected onto the screen, which then via a back-loop system can be analysed, since the screen itself does not only emit, but is also capable of collecting some data. This is by the way not something new - I read reports going back to the 1970s which claimed that they could do the same with TV sets, but it was infinitely more difficult back then. Snowden in one episode wore a face mask specifically for that purpose - more of a PR stunt of course, but his comments did not address cameras - that would be a no-brainer.
[Image: tinfoilhat.gif].
I can find no record of him or anyone else saying any of this, and it doesn't sound remotely technologically feasible.

Where did he say any of this?

Messages In This Thread