rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage in the United States

Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage in the United States

Quote: (06-26-2015 10:29 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (06-26-2015 10:15 AM)Hedonistic Traveler Wrote:  

Personally I don't really give a shit. If anything this will be a positive. Politicians have been basing their campaigns around gay marriage for decades, I'm happy they'll be forced to move on to issues that actually affect people.

I'm with HT on this. Another pointless issue taken off the table. Once the buzz cools off maybe people can finally shut the fuck up about it.

I agree for the following reasons:

1. Marriage as a whole is a dying institution. Most people who are teenagers and young adults today just aren't going to get married at any point in their lives, whether they're gay or straight.

2. The fact that gay couples who were already living together without formally being married can now do so legally is going to have little to no practical effect on the day to day lives of everyone who does not belong to this category. How many people in the U.S. were gay, waiting to get married, and couldn't be bothered to obtain a marriage license from one of the states where it is already legal? My guess would be maybe a few thousand people at most.

Messages In This Thread