rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Pomodoro Technique - the very best productivity method I have found!

The Pomodoro Technique - the very best productivity method I have found!

Quote: (06-04-2015 01:12 AM)storm Wrote:  

I've been using something like this for a very long time.

It also helps to have a separate paper dedicated to stuff you plan to do 'later', so that when you have a good idea or task while working you can quickly jot it down and get back to work without losing it.

That's a pretty big part of the technique. I already have a huge list of stuff and a schedule of things I need to do this summer so it wasn't really something I am focused on, but the general process is this:

- Make a list of all the things you need to do.
- Pick out the more important things out of the list for what you need to do today.
- Do your pomodoros.
- Keep track of if you get distracted and how many pomodoros you do.
- Anything that doesn't get done put/leave on the grand list.
- Reflect on your process and how to improve it.

In a sense, the process is more than "set your timer to 25 minutes and get shit done." It's more of an ever-building process of hashing out the things you need to do and breaking them down, then reflecting on the things you did and the things you need to continue to do and how to do it better. One of the most important components is learning how to break down tasks and estimate how long they will take you, it will take time and practice to estimate accurately what will take 25 minutes exactly, but part of the process is learning how to tackle large tasks by breaking them down into workable components. And that's a big reason why it's a great technique because it trains you how to break things down and do it efficiently, which leads to a lot of self satisfaction because you are getting shit done.

Messages In This Thread