rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Quote: (05-15-2015 07:50 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

"It used to be the adventures of a boy and his dog, then Hipsters started watching it, and the makers started aiming it at them. Now it's full of creepy sexual messages, and... it's just really depressing."

"Sort of cynical and hopeless?"

"The boy's father abandons him and comes back and doesn't care for him, and now [my nephew] gets really distressed that [his father] might do it, and I have to keep explaining to him it's ok."

Not to derail the thread, but I had a couple posts stating that modern children cartoons and movies are extremely negative on certain lines - especially the abandonment theme - separation of parents is strong:

In "How to Train a Dragon 2" they slaughter the cool burly manly father for no reason at all - does not help the story, but I read in the comments that children cried during the scene and as I saw it I was shocked.

[Image: tumblr_inline_nfkk3fFIaU1r0wq1l.png]

In "Big Hero 6" the kill off the only remaining blood-relative of the main protagonist - his cool brother:

[Image: tumblr_ncrjogg5cG1ry7whco1_500.gif]

He is raised as is the social goal I guess by a single mother. I personally would not let my children watch any of that crap without first having assessed that. No TV and even the internet has to be limited and monitored, because you can get almost anything there as well.

Messages In This Thread