rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Quote: (05-15-2015 05:02 PM)CH-Toronto Wrote:  

I don't think the mainstream media seriously thinks much of this, however

Don't watch Mad Max because of feminism claim MRAs

makes for some good clickbait. And if drives more people to this site- then great.

I'm sceptical - they know these aren't MRA sites, and they also know that the general public doesn't have a clue what an "MRA" is. If this was about clickbaiting with designated "hate groups", then such a slip would be akin to publishing the headline "KKK pickets soldiers funerals", when it was actually the Westboro Baptist Church. Except, in this case, nobody has heard of either group they're supposed to "hate". Hell, if they just wanted to clickbait, "Warrior Women Enrage Internet Misogynists" would have had broader appeal. This is not a mistake, so the question is what is the benefit in using the term "MRA" in their headlines?

Given that none of these journalists are authentic agents, working out what their true motives are is of primary importance if you want to correctly interpret what they're saying. My first instinct is that this could be an incidence of several interests being played off against eachother:
  • Getting the dyed-hambeasts all worked up, ready to pay to see the film - more money being siphoned into sympathetic pockets.
  • Have MRAs perhaps been making headway in the face of all the feminist blunders over the last year? Maybe they've decided it's time to take them more seriously and are making sure the first public conceptions of the groups is a negative one (most people still haven't heard of the MRM)?
  • Our corner of the internet regularly nukes hamsters, and that emotional reaction can be harvested through clickbait articles, and redirected
I think we may be being used as a bait and switch.

Quote: (05-15-2015 05:05 PM)germanico Wrote:  

All media IS an agenda. Everything you hear, see, or read on any kind of media, down to the last letter, was put there because someone wants you to think in a certain way.

Yes, but what is the agenda in this instance? Sometimes the agenda is just "I'm a journalism major and need to eat", other times you have networks of people trying to proselytise the masses into their chosen ideology, or at least prep them to hate a common enemy. My gut tells me it's worth properly establishing qui bono in this instance. It could simply be a PR stunt, soley designed to whip up women into an emotional frenzy and make them watch what is, really, a film with limited feminine appeal. Time will tell.

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Messages In This Thread