rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the Minimum Looks Threshold Higher than Ever Before?

Is the Minimum Looks Threshold Higher than Ever Before?

I think the OP is right, in terms of online dating specifically. I don't think its any 'society is going down the toilet' reason though, I think its just market saturation.

I'll refer specifically to what I'll call the golden age of online dating. 2001 to 2006, which also coincides with the decline of myspace. During this time you could drop into an 'adult chatroom' on yahoo messenger and find maybe 1 bot/spammer, a few internet savvy/game poor dudes and a solid handful of curious girls and cheating housewives. The competition was very low to begin with and pussies got wet just at the conversation because online dating itself was 'taboo' at the time. Add that with a dick pic..which again pre-smart phone was a rarity and it was regular that if I jumped online at 11am I could be balls deep in a pussy by 3pm. Now, everybody is online, there is no novelty to it and so chicks have super bitch shields and dudes spam the hell out of it. I concur that online game is harder now, than it used to be.

The flipside is that with everyone being into their phones, social skills have crashed and so has 'in person' game. I remember being a teenager and being in awe at my friends that were naturals and would just cruise the mall, or the movie theatre lines and get numbers. Also, because every dude was at the mall or the movies, the spammers and dudes with bad game ruined it and chicks were often total cunts in those venues.

Now, its rare that I see a bad cat caller on the streets or in the mall. Gone are the days are packs of girls loitering in public spaces and now you have single girls wandering on their own zoned out with white earbuds. There is low competition again, and guess what else...approaching a girl in person, during the day is also becoming 'taboo' like online dating used to be, especially signaled by the fact that anyone approaching chicks poorly is often labelled 'creepy'.

I think online dating is saturated, but the old cheesy venues are open once again. When women expected to be hit on during the day, as when I was younger they wouldn't be caught dead out of the house not looking their best. Now a chick treats the streets like an extension of her living room...dressing like she is going to the fridge for a bowl of cereal, or on her way to the gym at best.

Daygame is in my opinion, the venue with the lowest competition in america right now. Put down your phone and start talking to girls, with emphasis on not scaring the cat.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread