rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Requested perm ban (would like to thank a couple members)

Requested perm ban (would like to thank a couple members)

Reading through this thread has given me the comic relief I needed today.

Makes me wish we could re-open or re-start the "Master Manosphere Meltdown Thread." We need a place to keep track of all these.

I now think there's a vague "middle ground" between a hissy fit and an all-out meltdown. On the spectrum of emotional upheaval, it goes like this, from mildest to most severe:

1. Mild whining-------> 2. Angry Hissy Fit------> 3. Abortive Meltdown ----->4. Meltdown----------->5. Aggravated Meltdown

Here's the explanations:

1. Mild Whining: This is just griping, whining in an unspecified way, often directed at other members of at the universe in general.

2. Angry Hissy Fit: This is a bit more angry. A decent temper tantrum, in which specific other members will be singled out. Generalized complaints will also be fired off at the moderator and at the manosphere.

3. Abortive Meltdown: This is where L.M. McCoy's thread here falls. Like a failed suicide attempt, it often is more a cry for help than anything else. The member is tinkering with the idea of a true meltdown, but prefers to test the waters first. He wants reassurance and comfort from other members. You can see it as something like self-asphyxiation for pleasure, that has the thrill of danger, but carries with it the risk of accidental death.

4. Meltdown: This is the real thing. Genuine anger here, and lashing out at the universe and at other members in particular.

5. Aggravated Meltdown: Very rare, but there are recorded examples. An "aggravated meltdown", can be seen in the same way that "aggravated assault" is more serious than regular assault. An aggravated meltdown carries with it threats of harm against others.

Messages In This Thread