rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Daredevil (2015 netflix series)

Daredevil (2015 netflix series)

Quote: (04-18-2015 10:01 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (04-18-2015 01:20 PM)Lucky Wrote:  

But I couldn't help but wonder how we as viewers are supposed to believe that a severely injured (nearly beaten to death) blind man was able to take down 6 or 7 dudes armed with knives and guns. I get that Murdock is supposed to be a superhero, but he doesn't have any superpowers other than his senses being heightened. He's supposed to be an expert fighter, but even a non-blind highly trained person (e.g., a Jason Bourne type) would not have been able to pull that off without the viewer calling bullshit.

Took a little too much suspension of disbelief for me.

Superheroes expect a suspension of belief, but it was made a bit unclear. It's not only that his senses are heightened - he possesses a 3D perception making him able to effectively see in his back. Also his master Stick was no lowly blind martial artist, but he had plenty of supernatural powers and Daredevil certainly learned a few things from him.

Superheroes are of course unrealistic in many instances - not only power-wise. Their very existence would change and impact the world so much, that nothing would remain the same.... sports would be gone, law enforcement & military would be dramatically changed - either chaos or severe dictatorship would reign.

They partly examined that thought with Kingdom Come:

[Image: 2kingdomcome2.jpg]

It's nothing more than a fairytale, because a world where a few individuals have powers surpassing normal humans by a factor 1000+ is a world that would be much more of a shithole than it is by now:

[Image: 3217225-1a35dba6ee88f5a562f3c64467ec9539.jpg]

is that Second graphic from "The boys?" Love Garth Ennis.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Messages In This Thread