Roosh V Forum
Dominican Republic - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Dominican Republic (/thread-835.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Dominican Republic - kavakid - 03-13-2015

Quote: (03-10-2015 11:23 AM)zoom Wrote:  

I'm taking my first trip to the DR next month. I'm planning on buying some new clothes and particulary a new blazer. I'm wondering if I should buy clothes here in the states or wait until I arrive in Santo Domingo. What do you guys think?

Island and NYC type clothes (brighter, flashy) can be found for good prices in DR. There is a huge variety of colors in casual street shoes (think pumas and stuff like that).

I also found some dress pants that were a good value for the price, and they had a very thin fit which I need.

Other than these things, I didn't see much good value in clothes in DR. You can find staples like dress jackets and things, but the quality and/or price is unlikely to be better than the US, and in general manufactured goods cost more in the DR. Also, beware that many items that say cotton are actually mostly cheap chinese polyester.

I got my dress pants at Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo. The Duarte area also has a lot of clothes and shoes. Plaza Central is a mall with some decent clothing. El Conde in zona colonial has at least one traditional men's store with a good selection of fitted dress shirts and they offer custom tailoring I believe. They are just west of plaza colon (1/2 block as a I recall).

My advice: I would bring my good clothes with me, with a plan to pick up some items down there just for fun or that island vibe.

Dominican Republic - zoom - 03-13-2015

Quote: (03-13-2015 11:02 AM)kavakid Wrote:  

Island and NYC type clothes (brighter, flashy) can be found for good prices in DR. There is a huge variety of colors in casual street shoes (think pumas and stuff like that).

I also found some dress pants that were a good value for the price, and they had a very thin fit which I need.

Other than these things, I didn't see much good value in clothes in DR. You can find staples like dress jackets and things, but the quality and/or price is unlikely to be better than the US, and in general manufactured goods cost more in the DR. Also, beware that many items that say cotton are actually mostly cheap chinese polyester.

I got my dress pants at Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo. The Duarte area also has a lot of clothes and shoes. Plaza Central is a mall with some decent clothing. El Conde in zona colonial has at least one traditional men's store with a good selection of fitted dress shirts and they offer custom tailoring I believe. They are just west of plaza colon (1/2 block as a I recall).

My advice: I would bring my good clothes with me, with a plan to pick up some items down there just for fun or that island vibe.

Great advice, thanks.

Dominican Republic - kavakid - 03-14-2015

Let me just add that if you don't find what you are looking for in DR, that there is one big mall in Santo Domingo called Agora Mall. When you are there, it's more or less like being in a large mall in a major american city. But prices will be about as much, if not more. So it's more of a backup plan if you desperately need a certain item and can't find it cheaper at the dominican stores.

However, if you are in Cabarete/Sosua, the clothers selection sucks unless you are looking for tourist/beach clothing and/or t shirts or shorts. It goes without saying that only in the largest cities (primarily santo domingo) will you find what could be termed a good selection of clothing. Even in Puerto Plata, I thought a lot of the stores had the same type of clothing (tended to be brighter NYC street type clothes). I recall Aeropastle being a brand that was almost everywhere, so if you like that you should find some deals. Bavaro/Punta Cana has small malls with typical american staples like Nike, Tommy H, puma, etc. But prices again are at or higher than US as a general rule.

Dominican Republic - fvitterbi - 06-04-2015

Hi everyone , this has been a very valuable thread. Thanks for all the hard work. I've been in Santo Domingo for 2 months, I haven't really seen a ton of exotic American value. It's just a lot of work for the payoff.

I've traveled a lot in the past few years, Colombia, the Philippines, Mexico.. there is no comparison, you're a golden god in the Phils if you're anywhere outside of Manila. I spent some 6 months there. Even in Colombia I honestly felt way higher value then I do here.

but I think maybe the money and tourists has just ruined some cities like Santo Domingo, creating a golddigging culture, and a much tougher city for gamers. If this was 2009 when the economy was shattered, I think it would have been a lot easier.

In any case, I'm going to travel to Santiago as well as the smaller cities (La Vega, JarabacoaiBonao, others in Cibao) to experience some exotic American value and see what's up with the Dominican Republic.

Here's a meetup if anyone is interested or just PM me if you want to meet up.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-48004.html

Dominican Republic - RENARD2000 - 06-04-2015

hey Fvitterby,

Thanks for the info, please send us more intel on Santiago and the smaller cities. It will be valuable. I am planning a trip to DR in few months and still deciding where to go...thanks

Dominican Republic - Porfirio Rubirosa - 06-05-2015

Quote: (03-13-2015 11:02 AM)kavakid Wrote:  

I got my dress pants at Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo. The Duarte area also has a lot of clothes and shoes. Plaza Central is a mall with some decent clothing.

Plaza Central? I thought they had closed-down ages ago! You should also check-out the trendier shopping centres like Acropolis, Agora Mall and Blue Mall (but to a lesser extent - I'll explain why later). Honestly, I don't have much experience with Acropolis; whenever I visit I use it as a place to meet-up with relatives and have a meal at Outback or something like that meaning I haven't purchased clothes there. However, the last time I visited Agora Mall had reasonable prices. From what I can see, Blue Mall is basically the place where the elite go to wank their banknotes at each other so prices are much higher. You could also use the malls for day-gaming especially on a hot day.
Quote: (06-04-2015 10:44 AM)fvitterbi Wrote:  

Hi everyone , this has been a very valuable thread. Thanks for all the hard work. I've been in Santo Domingo for 2 months, I haven't really seen a ton of exotic American value. It's just a lot of work for the payoff.
The thing is, we get loads of American tourists due to proximity and relatively low costs of travelling to the Dominican Republic. I'd say non-Latin Europeans are more exotic; even Italians and Spaniards are common.

Dominican Republic - TyKo Steamboat - 07-06-2015

thankful I have chosen Santiago over SD.

thanks

Dominican Republic - Merenguero - 07-06-2015

Quote: (07-06-2015 12:13 AM)TyKo Steamboat Wrote:  

thanks

Can you explain why? Better quality? Better logistics? I'm planning a trip to either Santo Domingo or Santiago after the summer and I'm leaning toward Santo Domingo, mostly because there is much more volume there, more options for rental properties, more flight options (I'm well aware that you can fly into Santo Domingo and take a ride to Santiago), and it is easier.

flights to both Santiago & Santo Domingo are the same price. (trust me, I spent hours researching this & CheapOAir.com is the cheapest (use promo Code "GL30" & save 30$ instantly). I am flying from Steamboat Springs, CO to Santiago for 526$ (w/insurance) & that's a smoken deal for 6 airplane rides...
But Santiago is more central & closer to the North Shore which I am interested in. Also, Santiago has a world famous cigar factory I plan on raiding (trip advisor.com)

My strategy is this: I am meeting several girls online & looking to recruit 1 as my "travel partner". Santiago is so central that a girl from anywhere in the country could easily meet me via bus in 2-3 hours, even from San Juan, Santo Domingo ect. Also, from what I've been told by interviewing several men older than me, Santiago has the better looking girls there anyways,...more feminine, heels, hair, ect. & I could simply find a girl from that city as well. (I've done this in Ukraine & Philippines but never a Spanish speaking country)

Pay the 15$ on Tinder to move your location to DR & watch your inbox blow-the f*%# up... It's like a freaking Gold Mine .. also, you will need Whats App. because that's how those girls communicate for free.
I hope my logic in all this helps you

Dominican Republic - Tiguere - 07-06-2015

Quote: (07-06-2015 12:20 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Can you explain why? Better quality? Better logistics? I'm planning a trip to either Santo Domingo or Santiago after the summer and I'm leaning toward Santo Domingo, mostly because there is much more volume there, more options for rental properties, more flight options (I'm well aware that you can fly into Santo Domingo and take a ride to Santiago), and it is easier.

For anything under a month, I'd do Santo Domingo over Santiago. Hell, I'd take Santo Domingo over Santiago no matter what.

If you go to Santo Domingo, your dick will thank you.

Santo Domingo is created for the traveling playboy looking to find some cuties with 1 week to 1 month. Santiago is where you go to find a fine girlfriend and get work done for a few months.

In both cities - MONEY talks.

Dominican Republic - el conquistador - 07-06-2015

thanks

You may come to regret that decision.

How long will you be there for?

Quote: (07-06-2015 04:45 PM)el conquistador Wrote:  

thanks

You may come to regret that decision.

How long will you be there for?

I will be there for 13 days but I plan to pipeline. I am planning to have a girl meet me at the airport. I've done this in Ukraine & Philippines but never a Spanish speaking country.

My strategy is this: I am meeting several girls online & looking to recruit 1 as my "travel partner". Santiago is so central that a girl from anywhere in the country could easily meet me via bus in 2-3 hours, even from San Juan, Santo Domingo ect. Also, from what I've been told by interviewing several men older than me, Santiago has the better looking girls there anyways,...more feminine, heels, hair, ect. & I could simply find a girl from that city as well. Also, Santiago is a cleaner city & has La Aurora cigar factory which I plan to pillage as I am an aspiring aficionado of the cigar industry.

Im looken for the hot girlfriend/romantic type. I don't need to waste time gaming possible prostitutes or money pits. I just did that in Odessa & loved it, but I would like to crash on a beach with a single hottie rather than patrol on foot looking without the guarantee. I'm not so greedy, one girl will do for a 13-day stretch. But rest assured, I will have a plan B & C ...
The only thing that worries me about reading about DR is what men are saying about these girls that act like real girls & then turn to a "pay-to-play" scenario. I would feel this is a waste of time. I don't roll with hookers. I want a real girl. If she is sweet & happens to be poor & doesn't ask for $ ... I will probably drop a couple hundred in her purse before I say goodbye, but I refuse to hand over money on request. I'd lose respect for my own standards.
If any other guys have been to Dominican Republic & think my plan sucks, please feel free to chime-in with some experienced tips. I'd appreciate it.

Dominican Republic - Tiguere - 07-06-2015

Quote: (07-06-2015 05:38 PM)TyKo Steamboat Wrote:  

I will be there for 13 days but I plan to pipeline. I am planning to have a girl meet me at the airport. I've done this in Ukraine & Philippines but never a Spanish speaking country.

My strategy is this: I am meeting several girls online & looking to recruit 1 as my "travel partner". Santiago is so central that a girl from anywhere in the country could easily meet me via bus in 2-3 hours, even from San Juan, Santo Domingo ect. Also, from what I've been told by interviewing several men older than me, Santiago has the better looking girls there anyways,...more feminine, heels, hair, ect. & I could simply find a girl from that city as well. Also, Santiago is a cleaner city & has La Aurora cigar factory which I plan to pillage as I am an aspiring aficionado of the cigar industry.

Im looken for the hot girlfriend/romantic type. I don't need to waste time gaming possible prostitutes or money pits. I just did that in Odessa & loved it, but I would like to crash on a beach with a single hottie rather than patrol on foot looking without the guarantee. I'm not so greedy, one girl will do for a 13-day stretch. But rest assured, I will have a plan B & C ...
The only thing that worries me about reading about DR is what men are saying about these girls that act like real girls & then turn to a "pay-to-play" scenario. I would feel this is a waste of time. I don't roll with hookers. I want a real girl. If she is sweet & happens to be poor & doesn't ask for $ ... I will probably drop a couple hundred in her purse before I say goodbye, but I refuse to hand over money on request. I'd lose respect for my own standards.
If any other guys have been to Dominican Republic & think my plan sucks, please feel free to chime-in with some experienced tips. I'd appreciate it.

For me - Santiago isn't pussy paradise like Santo Domingo can be. It's a good spot to invest in getting a sexy girlfriend. And it's not great to say base your decision on the girls being better in Santiago. On average Santiago girls are barely hotter, but there are just sooooo many more in Santo Domingo.

If you just want one chick, you can hit Santiago.

Your pipeline better be dumb strong and you should Skype with any chick you think is going to come to the beach with you and tell her of the plan. Educated women with jobs don't have time to take a week long beach trip with a random gringo from the interwebs. Santo Domingo is better for finding girls who want to go to the beach for a week with a gringo.

Hope this helps.

Dominican Republic - elcidcampeador - 07-06-2015

Hanging out around the universities in SD will give you access to the best quality possible. There is no competiton, although the hotter girls aren't going to be effortless like the ones from the poorer areas are. The women are plenty feminine - don't really see a difference from Santiago girls.

A hot girl won't travel with you so quickly unless you are a 9-10 and/or are taking her to a 5 star resort/Miami/Romeo Santos concert. An average girl without a job will, although that 'average' would be in the eyes of the local men. Obviously we all have different tastes.

I've had quite a few girls in the DR and have never had one ask for cash. They all also were in university or had a job and a car. All of that nonsense comes from gaming exclusively online.

Dominican Republic - el conquistador - 07-08-2015

Quote: (07-06-2015 06:13 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Quote: (07-06-2015 05:38 PM)TyKo Steamboat Wrote:  

For me - Santiago isn't pussy paradise like Santo Domingo can be. It's a good spot to invest in getting a sexy girlfriend. And it's not great to say base your decision on the girls being better in Santiago. On average Santiago girls are barely hotter, but there are just sooooo many more in Santo Domingo.

If you just want one chick, you can hit Santiago.

Your pipeline better be dumb strong and you should Skype with any chick you think is going to come to the beach with you and tell her of the plan. Educated women with jobs don't have time to take a week long beach trip with a random gringo from the interwebs. Santo Domingo is better for finding girls who want to go to the beach for a week with a gringo.

Hope this helps.

That is your main problem right there.

If she's poor and unemployed, she'll jump at the chance to take a trip with you...if you're paying.

If she's girlfriend material and you've only known her a few hours...she won't go. Good girls here are conservative.

Secondly, if you want to avoid money requests from girls and find girlfriend material then you need to ditch 'pipelining' and hit the malls and universities once you get here.

Girls you meet online who are blowing up your inbox are NOT going to be girlfriend material. Tinder - maybe, but it's not too popular.

Online is not a "Gold Mine" as you say, it's more of a "Gold-Digging Mine". Ask any of the DR guys.

Red pill truths are hard to take sometimes.

Feel free to ask more.

Dominican Republic - Tiguere - 07-08-2015

That is pretty accurate.

She might ask you directly for money. She might not. She'll probably order the most expensive item on the menu when you take her out to eat. She might be happy fucking you to get some A/C or hot water in her life. She might just want to get drunk for free one night.

Or she might "like" you.

If you met her on Badoo or Dominican Cupid - she will probably talk about money sometime during your relationship.

If you met her on Tinder or OkCupid - she probably won't ask you for money during your relationship.

There are 10X more women on Badoo and Dominican Cupid than on Tinder and OkCupid in the DR...

Dominican Republic - Merenguero - 07-08-2015

Quote: (07-08-2015 03:28 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

That is pretty accurate.

She might ask you directly for money. She might not. She'll probably order the most expensive item on the menu when you take her out to eat. She might be happy fucking you to get some A/C or hot water in her life. She might just want to get drunk for free one night.

Or she might "like" you.

If you met her on Badoo or Dominican Cupid - she will probably talk about money sometime during your relationship.

If you met her on Tinder or OkCupid - she probably won't ask you for money during your relationship.

There are 10X more women on Badoo and Dominican Cupid than on Tinder and OkCupid in the DR...

I'm not the internet dating expert, but can't you just screen the girls before you meet them, specifically the ones who don't work, don't go to school, or don't write Spanish fluently (I know the last one is a bit of a stretch) in order to avoid the ones who will likely ask you for money? Does it do any good to report the girls who ask for money to the people who run the various sites like Dominican Cupid?

I've also run into girls who ask for money while doing daygame. I've never really done day game in the Dominican Republic, so I'm nor sure about that.

Dominican Republic - BallsDeep - 07-08-2015

Quote: (07-08-2015 03:49 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I'm not the internet dating expert, but can't you just screen the girls before you meet them, specifically the ones who don't work, don't go to school, or don't write Spanish fluently (I know the last one is a bit of a stretch) in order to avoid the ones who will likely ask you for money? Does it do any good to report the girls who ask for money to the people who run the various sites like Dominican Cupid?

Of course you can screen them before you meet them. A lot of it comes down to the individual guy too. I've had PMs from guys going to the DR who complained about girls hitting them up for money, and then there have been others who never mentioned it. When I then meet the guy in person and see his dress and appearance, it's obvious why.

For those of you who go to Santo Domingo and focus strictly on online game, here's a tip--if she's from Santo Domingo Este she's 100x more likely to hit you up for money than if she is from Santo Domingo proper. The two areas are worlds apart.

Quote: (07-08-2015 04:01 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Of course you can screen them before you meet them. A lot of it comes down to the individual guy too. I've had PMs from guys going to the DR who complained about girls hitting them up for money, and then there have been others who never mentioned it. When I then meet the guy in person and see his dress and appearance, it's obvious why.

Can you expand on this a little bit? If a guy looks better and dresses better does that increase or decrease the chances that they will be hit up for money? Also, great handle. I put you in second place behind HungWeiLo for best handle on the forum.

Quote: (07-08-2015 04:01 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2015 03:49 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

For those of you who go to Santo Domingo and focus strictly on online game, here's a tip--if she's from Santo Domingo Este she's 100x more likely to hit you up for money than if she is from Santo Domingo proper. The two areas are worlds apart.

All 100% true. You can avoid money request much easier by focusing on dating girls in the center of the city. Some of these girls in the center will have cars or money for a taxi. They will be in school and probably have a job.

The lure of some of the barrio chicks in SD Este is that they are pretty hot and definitely easy, but it's better to just avoid them all together.

Unless you only have a few weeks in SD - I'd recommend getting offline after your first month here and focusing the efforts on day and some night. Nightlife isn't great, but there are some decent spots.

Quote: (07-08-2015 04:05 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Can you expand on this a little bit? If a guy looks better and dresses better does that increase or decrease the chances that they will be hit up for money? Also, great handle. I put you in second place behind HungWeiLo for best handle on the forum.

I'd be very surprised if it's a problem for you.

The DR attracts a lot of guys (many with less than 10 posts) who seem to have been misguided by the Fisto et al threads of banging a hundred girls in sixty days, while not taking into account that those guys have no trouble banging chicks anywhere in the world.

I've met or whatsapp'd around ten or so guys who perpetually get hit up for money, and they ALL share the following traits:

They complained to no end about the difficulty of pulling chicks in their home country, and came to the DR because it's easier.

They're broke and have no reliable income. A main reason why they went to the DR vs other bangfest countries such as in SEA is because of significantly cheaper flight costs.

They're in their twenties.

They dress like shit. Out of the ten guys I have in mind, I have never seen one bring a suit or blazer. Maybe I've seen one with a collared shirt, but the rest have all worn t-shirts. And I'm referring to the kind of t-shirts you would only wear on laundry day.

And as I said, the majority of the guys I'm referring to have only a handful of posts, so I don't want it to sound like people should guess who I'm referring to, because you've probably never heard of them. I've also shared some of my most memorable times in the DR with guys I met through the forum who have their shit together. I'm just trying to outline how a DR trip can be a very different experience for very different people. And the online cupid chicks can sniff who is who from a mile away.

Here's the thing...

If you can't get laid in the DR without girls asking for money - you can't get laid.

BallsDeep is spot on about dressing in the DR. The bare minimum is dress shoes, dark jeans, and a decent V-neck from Express or Diesel. You'll pull way better if you can manage to throw on an ironed button down. I don't fuck with blazers much in Santo Domingo because it's just too hot there, even at night.

On a different note...

Anybody know of a good market or store to find quality and swag light linen blazers for cheap around the DR? I need something linen in light blue or red for round 2.

Quote: (07-08-2015 04:46 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2015 04:05 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I'd be very surprised if it's a problem for you.

The DR attracts a lot of guys (many with less than 10 posts) who seem to have been misguided by the Fisto et al threads of banging a hundred girls in sixty days, while not taking into account that those guys have no trouble banging chicks anywhere in the world.

I've met or whatsapp'd around ten or so guys who perpetually get hit up for money, and they ALL share the following traits:

They complained to no end about the difficulty of pulling chicks in their home country, and came to the DR because it's easier.

They're broke and have no reliable income. A main reason why they went to the DR vs other bangfest countries such as in SEA is because of significantly cheaper flight costs.

They're in their twenties.

They dress like shit. Out of the ten guys I have in mind, I have never seen one bring a suit or blazer. Maybe I've seen one with a collared shirt, but the rest have all worn t-shirts. And I'm referring to the kind of t-shirts you would only wear on laundry day.

And as I said, the majority of the guys I'm referring to have only a handful of posts, so I don't want it to sound like people should guess who I'm referring to, because you've probably never heard of them. I've also shared some of my most memorable times in the DR with guys I met through the forum who have their shit together. I'm just trying to outline how a DR trip can be a very different experience for very different people. And the online cupid chicks can sniff who is who from a mile away.

Thanks. I've been to the Dominican Republic three times, although each time I was there for a week or less, and I'm learning some things I never knew before from this thread. You're right. The thing about being broke and dressing like an idiot doesn't apply to me. I think the guys who struggle in the United States, but think they can kill it in the Dominican Republic, must have read Fisto's posts, but skipped over the entire rest of the forum. I think the Dominican Republic is harder than Central America and Colombia, but easier than Mexico and obviously Argentina.

Dominican Republic - elcidcampeador - 07-08-2015

The DR has a few things going for it that are advantageous to us tourists:

1. The local girls are generally more attractive and take better care of their appearance than the local men.
2. The local girls hate the local men because the good-looking ones tend to act like assholes (or so they say).
3. Lack of real foreign-tourist competition.

Staying in the center (Piantini/Naco area) would give a totally different experience in terms of clubs and girls met while daygaming.

Quote: (07-08-2015 05:08 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Anybody know of a good market or store to find quality and swag light linen blazers for cheap around the DR? I need something linen in light blue or red for round 2.

I don't know where to buy blazers in the DR, but I do get most of my shirts made in the DR. Whenever I'm in NY or LA I buy my fabrics and I have a guy in Santiago who makes perfectly fitted shirts at 300 pesos ($7) a piece.

I also bought a couple button ups on clearance at Nordstrom Rack once that were 3 sizes to big, and he managed to get them right for 50 pesos (a buck) each.

Getting a blazer would require a highly skilled tailor and I wouldn't trust my guy for that. However it's not uncommon for Dominicans to get their clothes tailored from scratch. Once when I was at the tailor he was making a batch of school uniform shirts for a kid.