Roosh V Forum
The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts (/thread-38140.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 12-19-2014

I wouldn't think of an overall spending limit on card fees, so long as they pay for themselves in some way. If they don't then they probably don't belong in your wallet past the first year and sign-up bonus.

I think two other cards worth considering right now are the BAEC 50,000 miles card, with a min. spend of 2000 over 3 months, and the Southwest card with the companion pass. Again, though this totally depends on your objectives. Both of these would be good for you getting around the USA, but not particularly useful for going longhaul to Europe or Asia or Australia.

The BA card provided points that are max value for short trips. Little flights to LA or SF or to go skiing would be very cheap mileage wise, perhaps around 4500 miles each way. So that card gives you 11 such legs. Pretty solid.

The SW card has the companion fare depending on your spending and a 50K signup bonus, which is two roundtrips in the continental USA. Its not for me as most of my domestic travel is work related and paid for, and I'm trying to fly premium as much as possible since (i) I fly so much and (ii) I fucking hate flying (I know, nice place in the world I've carved out for myself).

I'll be in Vegas on the 3rd of January for five days or so, we should be able to carve something out. Staying at the Element in Summerlin this time (Starwood hotel, first time there, I usually stay at the Westin on Flamingo but its the Consumer Electronics Show).

Quote: (12-19-2014 01:30 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2014 10:37 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Yes too late I imagine.

I guess it would depend on need. Also with sterling credit like a 790, probably it makes no difference. But when you're flirting with 750, it might, so I might bang out another application for something that has value to you, assuming you can meet the minimum spend (not sure which AA card you got). Independent of travel aims, considering what very little I know about you (I know you like to cook), I'd definitely consider the Freedom card, assuming you spend a lot of money on groceries (first quarter bonus is on groceries - 5 points a dollar and you can transfer them with your Sapphire card). No annual fee, so when the rotating bonus categories don't work for you, you just leave it in your wallet. When they do, its a good opportunity to rack of points on things you're already buying.

I don't spend THAT much on groceries, maybe $400 per month at the most.

Like I said I'll be able to hit the $3000 deadline for the American Airlines card easily because I'm going to pay a moving company at least that much for the move to Vegas, and I'm getting reimbursed every penny. So that leaves another $3-4k deadline that I could easily hit within 3 months, especially since I'll be moving to Vegas (I haven't yet) and will likely have a few other expenses that I can put on a credit card.

So I've got The American Airlines card applied for, the United Airways already approved, so what 3rd card would you recommend with a $3-4k deadline? Even $5k is easily doable since I now know that you can pay rent with a credit card. Wish I would have known that all along...I'd have an extra 30,000 rewards points. I was thinking the Ink Plus but I'd have to consider dropping a credit card eventually, since that would put me at 3 cards (Sapphire Plus, Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select, and Ink Plus) with a $95 annual fee which seems excessive.

Global I hope we can link up next time you're in town so I can pick your brain in person, I have a feeling that will be much easier than re-reading every post you've made here (some of which I still don't understand). I'll cook for you or something in return [Image: gay.gif]

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Veloce - 12-19-2014

Quote: (12-19-2014 11:44 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

I wouldn't think of an overall spending limit on card fees, so long as they pay for themselves in some way. If they don't then they probably don't belong in your wallet past the first year and sign-up bonus.

I think two other cards worth considering right now are the BAEC 50,000 miles card, with a min. spend of 2000 over 3 months, and the Southwest card with the companion pass. Again, though this totally depends on your objectives. Both of these would be good for you getting around the USA, but not particularly useful for going longhaul to Europe or Asia or Australia.

The BA card provided points that are max value for short trips. Little flights to LA or SF or to go skiing would be very cheap mileage wise, perhaps around 4500 miles each way. So that card gives you 11 such legs. Pretty solid.

The SW card has the companion fare depending on your spending and a 50K signup bonus, which is two roundtrips in the continental USA. Its not for me as most of my domestic travel is work related and paid for, and I'm trying to fly premium as much as possible since (i) I fly so much and (ii) I fucking hate flying (I know, nice place in the world I've carved out for myself).

I'll be in Vegas on the 3rd of January for five days or so, we should be able to carve something out. Staying at the Element in Summerlin this time (Starwood hotel, first time there, I usually stay at the Westin on Flamingo but its the Consumer Electronics Show).

Quote: (12-19-2014 01:30 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2014 10:37 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Yes too late I imagine.

I guess it would depend on need. Also with sterling credit like a 790, probably it makes no difference. But when you're flirting with 750, it might, so I might bang out another application for something that has value to you, assuming you can meet the minimum spend (not sure which AA card you got). Independent of travel aims, considering what very little I know about you (I know you like to cook), I'd definitely consider the Freedom card, assuming you spend a lot of money on groceries (first quarter bonus is on groceries - 5 points a dollar and you can transfer them with your Sapphire card). No annual fee, so when the rotating bonus categories don't work for you, you just leave it in your wallet. When they do, its a good opportunity to rack of points on things you're already buying.

I don't spend THAT much on groceries, maybe $400 per month at the most.

Like I said I'll be able to hit the $3000 deadline for the American Airlines card easily because I'm going to pay a moving company at least that much for the move to Vegas, and I'm getting reimbursed every penny. So that leaves another $3-4k deadline that I could easily hit within 3 months, especially since I'll be moving to Vegas (I haven't yet) and will likely have a few other expenses that I can put on a credit card.

So I've got The American Airlines card applied for, the United Airways already approved, so what 3rd card would you recommend with a $3-4k deadline? Even $5k is easily doable since I now know that you can pay rent with a credit card. Wish I would have known that all along...I'd have an extra 30,000 rewards points. I was thinking the Ink Plus but I'd have to consider dropping a credit card eventually, since that would put me at 3 cards (Sapphire Plus, Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select, and Ink Plus) with a $95 annual fee which seems excessive.

Global I hope we can link up next time you're in town so I can pick your brain in person, I have a feeling that will be much easier than re-reading every post you've made here (some of which I still don't understand). I'll cook for you or something in return [Image: gay.gif]

Sweet, sounds good.

Are there any benefits to purchasing avios?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 12-19-2014

Unlikely except in narrow circumstances, and almost certainly never unless they're on sale. It could be worthwhile to top off an account to have enough for a reward, or perhaps under some circumstance where a short haul flight is particularly expensive in economy. When you book an award flight, it will give you the option to use fewer avios and buy a portion of your flight, which is economically equivalent to buying Avios.

Avios aren't that hard to earn, and transferrable from a multiple of different earning programs, and thus are fungible with a lot of spending. All else equal, you're better earning them through other means than buying them.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Veloce - 12-19-2014

To get companion status with SW, does that mean I have to build up 110,000 points and then redeem them for status?

yes but the card award bonus points themselves, i believe, count towards that. google the card and you'll get details on how to hit the bogie with the lowest spend.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - speakeasy - 12-20-2014

Just applied for the Delta Amex. Took one minute and was approved instantly. 50,000pts coming right up! Also just got my 70,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards point deposited into my account from the business card. These babies are ready to be used. [Image: banana.gif]

edit ---

I wonder if I can apply for both the regular Delta Amex as well as the Business version at the same time? And get 100,000 points for $2,000 in spending?

Fuck it, just applied for the business version too. I didn't get an instant approval, said that my application is pending review. We'll see. Every hard inquiry dings your credit score a bit so I don't like to apply to cards unless I feel pretty sure I'll get approved. What was odd is this is the first business card I've applied for that didn't require an EIN(Employee Identification Number). I have one for freelance purposes. They aren't hard to get at all. Most business card applications require the number.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Brodiaga - 12-20-2014

I applied for different versions of the same credit cards in the past. I also did it on the same day to avoid having too many credit report pulls.

For example. last year I got 2 different Aadvantage Citi cards (regular and business). 50K miles for spending 3K on each, that's 100K miles. An economy class ticket from the US to Asia is 70K miles, 80K with a stopover.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 12-23-2014

I'm thinking of signing up for that Carlson Hotels (Radisson, etc.) 80,000 point credit card. Low annual fee and two - for - one award redemptions. less than 100 USD annual fee gets minimum three nights in asia (plus the bonus award nights). Also gives gold status with Carlson, for whatever that's worth.

ElCid or anyone else have any opinions on this?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - speakeasy - 12-23-2014

Quote: (12-23-2014 11:49 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

I'm thinking of signing up for that Carlson Hotels (Radisson, etc.) 80,000 point credit card. Low annual fee and two - for - one award redemptions. less than 100 USD annual fee gets minimum three nights in asia (plus the bonus award nights). Also gives gold status with Carlson, for whatever that's worth.

How valuable are their points? How many do you need for a one night hotel stay?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 12-23-2014

It varies, as they have many levels of hotels (I think ten in all). They range from 9,000 points to 100,000 points. For ones in Thailand, it seems most are level 3.

[Image: 5647874B-8410-4328-8005-FC8D3B900654_zpszwtdbjko.jpg]

Each year you keep the card, you get an additional 40,000 points, for the 79 annual fee, and the status. I wouldn't use the card for spending most likely, unless i stayed at a Carlson hotel. But the low annual fee makes it worth it as I'd definitely use the points for holidays.

These are category three hotels for Asia, more than acceptable for a vacation stay. Pretty much all the category 1 and 2 hotels in Asia are in India, except for one hotel in Davao, Phils.

Hotel NameCityCountryPoints
Radisson Blu Hotel, BeijingBeijingChina28000
Park Plaza Beijing Science ParkBeijingChina28000
Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai Hong QuanShanghaiChina28000
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel TianjinTianjinChina28000
Radisson Blu Hotel KashgarXinjiangChina28000
Radisson Blu Agra Taj East GateAgraIndia28000
Radisson Blu Hotel AmritsarAmritsarIndia28000
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goa CandolimCandolimIndia28000
Park Plaza ChandigarhChandigarhIndia28000
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim BeachGoaIndia28000
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Gurgaon, Sector 29GurgaonIndia28000
Park Inn by Radisson Gurgaon BilaspurGurgaonIndia28000
Radisson Blu Hotel GuwahatiGuwahatiIndia28000
Radisson Blu Hotel HaridwarHaridwarIndia28000
Radisson Hotel-ShimlaHimachal PradeshIndia28000
Radisson Hyderabad Hitec CityHyderabadIndia28000
Radisson Blu Hotel IndoreIndoreIndia28000
Radisson Blu JaipurJaipurIndia28000
Park Plaza Kolkata BallygungeKolkataIndia28000
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, MeerutMeerutIndia28000
Park Plaza ZirakpurMohaliIndia28000
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel MysoreMysoreIndia28000
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson MysoreMysoreIndia28000
Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim ViharNew DelhiIndia28000
Country Inn By Carlson Delhi SaketNew DelhiIndia28000
Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi DwarkaNew DelhiIndia28000
Radisson Hotel NaritaNaritaJapan28000
Radisson Suites Bangkok SukhumvitBangkokThailand28000
Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel, BangkokBangkokThailand28000
Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18BangkokThailand28000

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - elcidcampeador - 12-23-2014

This is a good card, but not really for the points. The best benefit of the card is the free night on award redemptions for the card holder - basically a stay one, get the 2nd free on a 2 night stay.

I also really do value gold status (even if it is handed out for free quite frequently).

The 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates for weekend travel are worth a lot to a frequent leisure traveler. Check out THIS

I remember once going to see the northern lights, I booked a Radisson with the 4-for-2 and it made a 1000 stay a 500$ stay. Unfortunately this only works in Europe, Africa, and the ME.

I find that CC points are rarely undervalued and that redemptions don't always present great value. The benefit is in the free award night for card holders on 2+ night stays.

This is pretty consistent with my research, though the points have some value. I know BKK has a million low priced decent hotels, but when traveling with a companion, I'll usually step up to an international quality hotel (except where a great option, such as BKK's Shanghai hotel, makes sense as a discount alternative).

Now for the more important question, El Cid, do you have a referral code? - To this end, I hope anyone applying for cards from reading this board is checking out to see if a member/poster here can provide a referral code to them. Might as well keep the points in the family.

Quote: (12-23-2014 01:20 PM)elcidcampeador Wrote:  

This is a good card, but not really for the points. The best benefit of the card is the free night on award redemptions for the card holder - basically a stay one, get the 2nd free on a 2 night stay.

I also really do value gold status (even if it is handed out for free quite frequently).

The 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates for weekend travel are worth a lot to a frequent leisure traveler. Check out THIS

I remember once going to see the northern lights, I booked a Radisson with the 4-for-2 and it made a 1000 stay a 500$ stay. Unfortunately this only works in Europe, Africa, and the ME.

I find that CC points are rarely undervalued and that redemptions don't always present great value. The benefit is in the free award night for card holders on 2+ night stays.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - elcidcampeador - 12-23-2014

Nope nothing at all. I try to stay away from all the CC marketing and link pushing, although I guess it'd be a bit different sharing the stuff on here.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - heavy - 12-23-2014

Good info Global Entry...
Quote: (10-07-2014 01:11 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

I hear you. I guess what I'd say is that (1) if you pay your balance in full every month, there is no interest charge and (2) certain cards give enough of a bonus for signing up that its worth the annual fee, and you can cancel after year 1 or ask them to waiver the fee for year 2 if the benefit doesn't repeat.

By way of example, I just applied for the Chase Ink Plus business card and get 70,000 miles for doing so. The fee is $95 for the first year. For me those miles will be worth, in tickets, probably north of 800 USD. So my arb from signing up for the card, assuming I make the minimum spend (only $5 k for three months, easy for me) will be in excess of 700USD of free travel, more if I book first class.

And my only experience with bonus points and using points is referenced in my post below with the Barclay card:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35892-...#pid725369

But, I would like to make sure before making "bonus points" more of a part of my life strategy. If I sign up and get bonus points, and the card has a yearly fee but waived the first year, they won't ding me (in $ or points) if I cancel before I incur the fee for the second year, correct?

Well, almost always, no, at least not on any of the cards being talked about frequently here. You also might consider contacting them before the second year fee kicks in, and see if they'll give you a credit or a bonus for spending in lieu of you canceling the card (you're reason for calling).

Quote: (12-23-2014 01:42 PM)heavy Wrote:  

Good info Global Entry...
Quote: (10-07-2014 01:11 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

I hear you. I guess what I'd say is that (1) if you pay your balance in full every month, there is no interest charge and (2) certain cards give enough of a bonus for signing up that its worth the annual fee, and you can cancel after year 1 or ask them to waiver the fee for year 2 if the benefit doesn't repeat.

By way of example, I just applied for the Chase Ink Plus business card and get 70,000 miles for doing so. The fee is $95 for the first year. For me those miles will be worth, in tickets, probably north of 800 USD. So my arb from signing up for the card, assuming I make the minimum spend (only $5 k for three months, easy for me) will be in excess of 700USD of free travel, more if I book first class.

And my only experience with bonus points and using points is referenced in my post below with the Barclay card:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35892-...#pid725369

But, I would like to make sure before making "bonus points" more of a part of my life strategy. If I sign up and get bonus points, and the card has a yearly fee but waived the first year, they won't ding me (in $ or points) if I cancel before I incur the fee for the second year, correct?

Restaurants.com certificates are on sale for the holidays. In my very limited area, I'm seeing 10 dollar gift cards for $4 with a minimum spend of 20USD (many are $50 minimum spend which works OK if you're not dining alone).

That's a solid discount. Now layer the points on top - AA shopping is currently providing 18 points per dollar spent on restaurant.com (edit: Chase UR is also giving 15 points per dollar spent, if that's more helpful). So on a discount of perhaps 50 percent against the cash price of a restaurant, you'll also get 18 points per dollar, which based on commonly used figures (not mine, as I am more aggressive with points and use them for higher value exchanges), is about a 30.8 percent discount (1.8c value of each AA mile x 18 points per dollar). That means the net cost of the meal, to you, my fellow points player, is about 19.2 percent of the stated cost, speaking conservatively. If you use those miles to fly premium classes, they're basically paying you to eat.

Anyone done this? Seems solid...Opinions?

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 12-25-2014

Free 500 points from Virgin America for just taking one second to register for the Xmas promotion. Here's the ...

link

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - MichaelCorleone - 12-30-2014

Thought this was interesting never thought of this tactic, buying a one way and making sure the layover was through where u really wanted to go and then getting off there.

http://fox13now.com/2014/12/29/united-ai...e-tickets/

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Denzel - 01-07-2015

I posted this on another thread but I think it is better suited to this one.
I used this promo code successfully today.

Cheaptickets hotels:

Save an extra 20% on our best hotel deals
Promo code: NEWYEAR

Minimum stay: 1 or more nights
Book by Jan. 11, 2015 at 11:59 PM CST, and travel by June 30, 2015.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - elcidcampeador - 01-07-2015

Quote: (01-07-2015 01:56 PM)Denzel Wrote:  

I posted this on another thread but I think it is better suited to this one.
I used this promo code successfully today.

Cheaptickets hotels:

Save an extra 20% on our best hotel deals
Promo code: NEWYEAR

Minimum stay: 1 or more nights
Book by Jan. 11, 2015 at 11:59 PM CST, and travel by June 30, 2015.

FYI they pretty much always have a 20% deal, although their deals are always 5-10% better than owner Orbitz's.

Remember that this doesn't work at branded hotels, like Holiday Inn, Marriott, Sheraton.

Always use these codes for a serviced apartment, or hotels outside of the USA as they're a free 20% (although not always the best rates). Good reminder for the us to remember to double-check when booking hotels.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 01-13-2015

Applied and received approval for the lower required spend Chase Sapphire card today (3,000 minimum spend over three months to get the bonus), 40K points sign up bonus. This is considered by many to be the single best card to have, particularly if you don't have a lot of different cards. They had me call and talk to a rep, who basically asked me how much of a spending limit I wanted/needed for the card. She noted I have 62K in total limits on my Chase cards (not sure where she got that number), to which I replied that I have basically 0 balance on any of them and pay them all off every month. She then asked me if 18,000 was a high enough limit, to which I replied that it was.

The cards I'm using right now are as follows:

USAir - not using, but got for the signup bonus on first spend, 40K USAir/AA miles. This card will go away soon (when US Air does, or before), might be 30/60 days left to signup. Best thing out there, only 89 annual fee. Gives lounge pass and a companion fare certificate, not sure I'll use either.

Business platinum Amex, from my employer. - Lounge access for AMEX Centurion, Priority Pass Select and Delta lounges. Free Boingo anywhere they have it, and 10 gogo inflight credits per year, and 200USD of flight incidentals on a single airline (need to call and select).

Chase Ink - I got the 70K sign up bonus, but its usually 50K. 5x spend on telecom, internet and office supply stores. 2x many other spends, and access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards store, with bonuses for many online merchants, Expedia and Hotels.com. Staples.com sells gift cards for many other stores, and I believe even the gift cards give 5X spend. I bought a gift card for Whole Foods, which gave me 500 points for a 100 gift card. Staples sells all kind of other things too, like coffee and cleaning supplies. Hell, I just bought a rice cooker (for a very competitive price) from Staples.

Chase Freedom, no annual fee. 5x spend in points on rotating categories quarterly. Q1 is grocery stores and starbucks. This card will only be used for the bonus categories, and I can choose to take 5 percent cash back, or transfer the points into my Ultimate Rewards account (which I have by virtue of the Sapphire and Ink cards) and redeem with United (hope not), Singapore, BA, Hyatt, etc. Chase transfer partners.

Chase Sapphire - 2 points on travel and restaurants. Probably will use most for airline tickets, car rentals and restaurants, not much for other things. As stated, 40K points sign up, and access to Chase Ultimate Rewards (already had this through Ink). Also gives additional protection on car rentals, etc.

Amazon Chase Card - 3 percent back on Amazon.com spend. I only use it for Amazon.

Chase British Airways Card - Not my card, authorized user for my parents 2 cards - to help them hit minimum spend of 2K in three months on each card. 50K signup bonus per card (for them).

SPG Amex - prior to getting the Sapphire, my fallback card, usable for non-bonus spending. You want this card to get rid of those orphaned miles on various programs as it has 31 transfer partners. Also, gives you 5 nights/2 stays credit towards Platinum SPG status, and that's stackable with the SPG Business Amex. Low (89) annual fee. One problem with this card is that transfers take a long time. Very high points earning for stays at SPG hotels, especially for Platinums (St Regis, meridien, W, Sheraton, Westin, Four Points, etc.).

The other thing to consider is using EVreward and do your shopping online through portals. Every major airline has a portal. So does Chase, Citibank, and Amex. If you find where you want to buy something, then check EVrewards.com and find which portal gives the best bonus for shopping through that site, you can sign up and access the merchant's site through the relevant portal and get miles/points for doing nothing other than clicking through one other website. I've earned in excess of 25K miles using EVrewards and the portals in the last four months. Very little time and no additional cost. Hell, I have more than 10K miles on Alaska (1/5 of the way towards a one way biz class ticket to Asia with a free stopover) and I haven't even flown Alaska revenue, just by using the Alaska Mileage Plan shopping portal.

Some other Cards I am considering include: AA Plat. Select Visa, a Delta Platinum AMEX for the MQM waivers, the Alaska Mileage Plan card, the business SPG Amex, and perhaps a Hilton card (for the status).

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - speakeasy - 01-13-2015

^^ Don't forget the 10,000 mile bonus you get for referring people to the US Airways card. I got my parents to sign up for the card, so that's another quick 20k pts. Once you explain that they are getting 2 RT tickets for $89 bucks, it's pretty much a no brainer.

I know Delta points aren't well regarded but I just signed up and got their Personal and Business Amex card. Each paying 50k pts for only $1,000 in spending each. 100k pts for $2k spending is a damn good deal. You can still get 25k RT domestic flights, it's all good to me.

Southwest just re-opened their 50k point signup bonus.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Dantes - 01-13-2015

Anyone ever get the Frontier Airlines credit card? I have never flown this airline.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - tuffgong - 01-13-2015

If any of you have Amex and use Avios points, there's a 40% transfer bonus going now.

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts - Global Entry - 01-13-2015

Its unclear what they'll be post-merger, but I've heard them compared unfavorably with Spirit Airlines (seriously). I don't think you really need a frontier airline card with all the other choices out there, unless they're giving like 100K miles for signup and no annual fee. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Quote: (01-13-2015 06:18 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Anyone ever get the Frontier Airlines credit card? I have never flown this airline.