Roosh V Forum
Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep (/thread-31818.html)

Pages: 1 2

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - LiveWithFire - 01-06-2014

First post.
I got muay thai training till 11pm. Because of the adrenaline rush I can't fall asleep early. Any recommendations to solve this?

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - haze - 01-06-2014

Take a class earlier in the day. Or just go to bed late...

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - The Lizard of Oz - 01-06-2014

Quote: (01-06-2014 07:10 PM)haze Wrote:  

Take a class earlier in the day. Or just go to bed late...

Yep. Doing any kind of intense exercise this late is a bad idea -- it will raise your body temperature and shift your bedtime forward no matter what. You should find an earlier time slot.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - teh_skeeze - 01-06-2014

Might not be a great idea because of how late it is, but you could try eating something fatty. When I was training I would always have a difficult time eating afterwards. If I managed to get something down, I would return to baseline faster.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - roberto - 01-07-2014

Use the adrenaline rush. I keep a notepad by the side of my bed. Occasionally, I get nights that I just can't sleep. That's a gift-use the time to brainstorm for your goals, business, whatever. When your mind is racing, write it all down. You will soon fall asleep also.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - Frost - 01-07-2014

"Don't train late" and "just stay up all night."

Real helpful guys.

OP I'm in the same boat as you and here's what works for me:

1) Finish training with cold shower
2) Small fatty/protein meal (bacon eggs and avocado)
3) Dissolving 3mg melatonin under the tongue as soon as possible.
4) Glass of red wine.

You're never going to be able to go right from intense exercise directly to sleep, but this is a good cool-down ritual that gets me from 100% adrenalin to ready for bed in an hour or so.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - samsamsam - 01-07-2014

ZMA helps you to sleep and it is good for your body to recover (in the right quantities - don't over do it).

This thread is about zinc, but ZMA is discussed in here. http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15255.html

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - tbone46 - 01-07-2014

i get the same thing after any workout but especially a strenuous cardio workout...my only cure has been ambien (which works only sporadically for me), some red wine, or preferably just training earlier in the day.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - LiveWithFire - 01-07-2014

Quote: (01-07-2014 03:52 PM)Frost Wrote:  

Real helpful guys.

4) Glass of red wine.

You're never going to be able to go right from intense exercise directly to sleep, but this is a good cool-down ritual that gets me from 100% adrenalin to ready for bed in an hour or so.

Thanks, bro.
Finally someone with real answers. Not some lame shit I could think of myself.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - kosko - 01-07-2014

Red wine will always slow me down no matter what I'm doing. ZMA helps but make sure your chilling in the dark in bed actually trying to sleep or our body might fight it off. A heavy meal works too. After leg days i'm bad for this and I will stay wired up and horned up like a rabbit up until 4-5 am if I don't do anything to wind me down.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - Alpha Mind - 01-07-2014

Quote: (01-07-2014 03:52 PM)Frost Wrote:  

Real helpful guys.

4) Glass of red wine.

Melatonin helps me quite a bit if I train late, but Magnesium is what really puts me down. Transdermal magnesium spray works well and helps muscle aches, but can sting the first couple times you put it on.

Chill in the dark for a while and make sure you aren't horsing around on a computer before trying to crash. Purportedly, it disrupts/interferes with the natural release of melatonin, not to mention keeps your brain active.

Cold showers can be rough at first (start lukewarm and go progressively colder), but I definitely notice a different in sleep quality.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - The Lizard of Oz - 01-07-2014

OP, regardless of whether you could have thought of it yourself, by far the best piece of advice you have received is to not do intense exercise this late in the day. It's just a bad idea -- serious exercise will raise your body temp and that, in turn, will fuck with your sleep schedule. Trying to undo this effect by taking things like melatonin could easily be another bad idea that fucks you over even more.

It's really a classic case of making a bad decision and then instead of simply thinking better of it, being mule-headed and trying to figure out some complicated way out of it that as likely as not gets you in more trouble.

To stay with things Thai, it would be like if you posted that you're planning to meet up with a meth-addicted ladyboy and have him/her baglessly fuck you in the ass. And you're asking for advice about minimizing the odds of contracting VD. My advice to you would be, how about you just call it off with the ladyboy. But I guess that is just too lame and something you could have thought of yourself, so you want to hear something like, hell yeah, go for it and just make sure you drink a gallon of piss afterwards because that will sterilize your shit so you'll be good to go.

Anyway, you'll do what you'll do but if I were you I wouldn't take a perfectly good sleeping schedule and then fuck with it by training very late and then taking a hormone to try to put yourself to sleep anyway. But it's your life.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - scotian - 01-07-2014

Go to a Thai massage place and get a well lubed tugger after training, did the trick for me!

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - TheBMan - 01-07-2014

ambien

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - Draugr - 01-08-2014

Valerian is a decent sedetive and chamomile tea will help. And keep your bedroom cool.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - LiveWithFire - 01-08-2014

Quote: (01-07-2014 09:04 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

OP, regardless of whether you could have thought of it yourself, by far the best piece of advice you have received is to not do intense exercise this late in the day. It's just a bad idea -- serious exercise will raise your body temp and that, in turn, will fuck with your sleep schedule. Trying to undo this effect by taking things like melatonin could easily be another bad idea that fucks you over even more.

It's really a classic case of making a bad decision and then instead of simply thinking better of it, being mule-headed and trying to figure out some complicated way out of it that as likely as not gets you in more trouble.

To stay with things Thai, it would be like if you posted that you're planning to meet up with a meth-addicted ladyboy and have him/her baglessly fuck you in the ass. And you're asking for advice about minimizing the odds of contracting VD. My advice to you would be, how about you just call it off with the ladyboy. But I guess that is just too lame and something you could have thought of yourself, so you want to hear something like, hell yeah, go for it and just make sure you drink a gallon of piss afterwards because that will sterilize your shit so you'll be good to go.

Anyway, you'll do what you'll do but if I were you I wouldn't take a perfectly good sleeping schedule and then fuck with it by training very late and then taking a hormone to try to put yourself to sleep anyway. But it's your life.

Look man, I'm just here for advice. It's not like I am the headmaster of the dojo, so I can't choose when to train.
I could take the class earlier, but then I have to train in tae kwon do...

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - The Beast1 - 01-08-2014

Smoke a bowl.

Honest too. If I can't sleep I'll hit a few and i'm out cold.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - LiveWithFire - 07-01-2014

Rebump.

After months of experimenting since starting this thread, I would have to say that the 2 things that helped me most are:

- No smartphone after training

- Not taking a shower afterwards, as a shower would sort of wake me up

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - roberto - 07-01-2014

Quote: (07-01-2014 12:12 PM)LiveWithFire Wrote:  

Ew. I can't sleep if I'm not clean, the sheets etc just feel bad against my dirty skin. Can't real

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - roberto - 07-01-2014

Ew. I can't sleep at all if I'm not clean, unless I'm wasted. The sheets against my skin don't feel right if I haven't had a shower.

Knackered from lifting, straight from a bath, fresh sheets on the bed and the window wide open right behind me= lights out in twenty seconds.

The smartphone thing makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the update.

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - Saweeep - 07-01-2014

Quote: (07-01-2014 01:59 PM)roberto Wrote:  

Ew. I can't sleep at all if I'm not clean, unless I'm wasted. The sheets against my skin don't feel right if I haven't had a shower.

Knackered from lifting, straight from a bath, fresh sheets on the bed and the window wide open right behind me= lights out in twenty seconds.

Roberto, mate…you know you answered that post twice, right?

lol [Image: smile.gif]

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - unhommefou - 07-01-2014

Quote: (07-01-2014 02:32 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2014 01:59 PM)roberto Wrote:  

Roberto, mate…you know you answered that post twice, right?

lol [Image: smile.gif]

He answered it twice because that shit is gross! Lol

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - plebhunter - 07-01-2014

Sometimes stabilizing a sleeping schedule (weekends included) can help you get tired. Maybe adapt your schedule to meet your later classes?

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - Laser - 07-02-2014

Quote: (01-08-2014 03:30 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Smoke a bowl.

Honest too. If I can't sleep I'll hit a few and i'm out cold.

Truth. For a long time I was on a schedule where I'd have gym sessions with heavy compound lifts or BJJ training on alternate days late in the evening, finishing approx an hour before bed. Smoking helped me relax so I wasn't too wired to sleep

Adrenaline rush after muay thai ==> no sleep - nogamenick - 07-02-2014

Alcohol can affect the quality of your sleep. I suggest doing something like meditation or tai chi. Just some really slow, controlled movements with deep focuss to calm your mind. Always worked as a sort of cool down for me after sparring matches and kung fu practide. Cooling down after excersise is of course incredibly important.