Roosh V Forum
Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? (/thread-30842.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - samsamsam - 12-06-2013

I am all about buying someone else's pain. From time to time I look at wholesale lots being dumped cheap but I know I don't have time to actually sell off the individual lots.

For example some guy is selling 40 authentic pairs of sunglasses - good brands. But I don't have time to sell each individually.

I am wondering if I can feed into someone's existing process. Those places that do ebay listings want like 50% sometimes and it makes it cost prohibitive.

Thanks.

S

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - eradicator - 12-06-2013

I used to but don't have time for it. Not that it takes a great deal of time to do an auction.

My suggestion would be to make a template for each pair of sunglasses. Just swap out the photo for the new auction and most of the words can stay the same. That would be my suggestion.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - samsamsam - 12-06-2013

I know there are programs and such to handle the selling. I am just generally good at sourcing deals and funding transactions. I don't have the time either to sell stuff. But I appreciate the suggestion. Just wondering if I dd up all the time involved if there was a better use of time. So I figured if someone had a process already I'd just ship there and split profits. But it opens up other issues like can I trust the other party.

This is what happens when I have free time - random thoughts [Image: sad.gif]

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Ubietza - 12-06-2013

I've had an account since '99 and have 1,580 feedback. I could do it. PM me.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - whateverfuckit - 12-09-2015

Quote: (12-06-2013 04:36 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I know there are programs and such to handle the selling. I am just generally good at sourcing deals and funding transactions. I don't have the time either to sell stuff. But I appreciate the suggestion. Just wondering if I dd up all the time involved if there was a better use of time. So I figured if someone had a process already I'd just ship there and split profits. But it opens up other issues like can I trust the other party.

This is what happens when I have free time - random thoughts [Image: sad.gif]

Sam:

I don't know of any service that does this on eBay, but on Amazon.com they have a program called "Fulfillment by Amazon" (FBA for short). You ship your items to an Amazon fulfillment center, they label your product and you pay the standard Final Value fee (about 15%) plus FBA fees (usually about 2-6 dollars per item, depending on the size, weight, etc).

Once the items leave your hands, you don't have to do anything but answer emails. Hope that helps!

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Paracelsus - 12-09-2015

Two years, bro. Two years. [Image: wink.gif]

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - samsamsam - 12-09-2015

Quote: (12-09-2015 12:56 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Two years, bro. Two years. [Image: wink.gif]

It was related to a location independent discussion on this thread.

thread-52121...pid1166669

[Image: smile.gif]

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Cr33pin - 12-09-2015

I put my virginity on there.... no bids yet

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Handsome Creepy Eel - 12-09-2015

You put up the wrong hole [Image: tongue.gif]

It's also worth mentioning that, although the inventory won't be shipped AUTOMATICALLY (as it would if it were purchased on Amazon.com), you CAN utilize FBA for NON-Amazon transactions, for example, something you sold on eBay or your own website. They do charge additional fees (something like 2 bucks an item or so) but you can use it to ship items anywhere in the world, and never touch the item/package yourself once during the process, save for the actual shipment to the facility in the first place.

I use it myself, and just like all things Amazon, the service is excellent.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Sam Malone - 12-09-2015

"You put up the wrong hole"

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - booshala - 12-09-2015

If you want to make it as easy as possible - with added expenses cutting into your profit - go with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). Know several resellers that do very well with them, but they pad their profits using shopping portals or some sort of cash back deals when buying inventory.

Quote: (12-09-2015 09:17 PM)booshala Wrote:  

If you want to make it as easy as possible - with added expenses cutting into your profit - go with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). Know several resellers that do very well with them, but they pad their profits using shopping portals or some sort of cash back deals when buying inventory.

Thanks for confirming my suggestion. [Image: tongue.gif]

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Irenicus - 02-15-2016

I have just started selling. At the moment, I am selling some leftover parts from my old laptop and high end clothes (such as Hugo Boss blazers and suits, and planning to expand to other good brands - thinking Levi's and Diesel).

So far, so good. Sold two things, and this is a good beginning for me. I really wish I had started earlier.

I would ask you guys, since I am still a newbie, are there any good resources (websites, books, etc...) which can help me grow my business?

Or can anyone share his experiences?

Thanks!

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - whateverfuckit - 02-15-2016

Quote: (02-15-2016 06:10 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

I have just started selling. At the moment, I am selling some leftover parts from my old laptop and high end clothes (such as Hugo Boss blazers and suits, and planning to expand to other good brands - thinking Levi's and Diesel).

So far, so good. Sold two things, and this is a good beginning for me. I really wish I had started earlier.

I would ask you guys, since I am still a newbie, are there any good resources (websites, books, etc...) which can help me grow my business?

Thanks!

The subject of eBay is HUGE. I can answer any specific questions you have, but writing an entire post on "how to eBay" would be a tall order.

I do have a mini-eBook with general eBay tips I wrote. I sell it on Fiverr, but PM me and I'll send it to you for free.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - JayR - 02-15-2016

I've had a membership since 1998, and use it selectively for items I'm either not sure of the market value, or items for which the local Craigslist market would be too small.

Recently, eBay changed their feedback policy so that you cannot leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers who place the winning bid, but don't pay. Instead, you open a case against them, and if they still don't pay, they get an unpaid item "strike" on their profile.

Until this policy change, I never had a single deadbeat buyer since joining. But in the past couple weeks, I've had two deadbeats. They just bid up the item and then nothing -- no payment, no communication, etc. I'm stuck with having to re-list the item and waiting another 7-10 days for the auction to re-complete. Meanwhile all the bidders who got outbid in my first auction moved on and found the item elsewhere. Total drag.

Curious as to why this was suddenly happening, I searched "deadbeat eBay bidders," and apparently it's become something of an epidemic since the policy change.

But I did come across a good tip. Go into your eBay preferences (Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements) and lock down your buyer restrictions as tightly as possible. Specifically, block bids from buyers with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months, and block buyers with a negative feedback score.

It's about all you can do to avoid the deadbeat bidder problem.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Irenicus - 02-15-2016

Quote: (02-15-2016 06:26 PM)whateverfuckit Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2016 06:10 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

Thanks!

The subject of eBay is HUGE. I can answer any specific questions you have, but writing an entire post on "how to eBay" would be a tall order.

I do have a mini-eBook with general eBay tips I wrote. I sell it on Fiverr, but PM me and I'll send it to you for free.

Thank you very much man. Everything helps! I will PM you soon!

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - whateverfuckit - 02-15-2016

Quote: (02-15-2016 07:22 PM)JayR Wrote:  

Recently, eBay changed their feedback policy so that you cannot leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers who place the winning bid, but don't pay. Instead, you open a case against them, and if they still don't pay, they get an unpaid item "strike" on their profile.

Just wanted to say: This change is by no means "recent". Sellers haven't been able to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers for YEARS.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - JayR - 02-16-2016

Quote:Quote:

Just wanted to say: This change is by no means "recent". Sellers haven't been able to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers for YEARS.

Wow, you are correct. The policy change was 8 YEARS ago:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ebay-auction,news-1402.html

Not sure why I thought the elimination of negative feedback was a new thing. Sorry for the misleading info.

Nevertheless, just in the last week I've put up three auctions and two winning bidders didn't pay. This was a new and unpleasant surprise for me, leading me to locking down my buyer restrictions as tightly as possible.

I figured I'd pass along the suggestion because unpaid items really suck.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - whateverfuckit - 02-16-2016

Quote: (02-16-2016 12:05 AM)JayR Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Wow, you are correct. The policy change was 8 YEARS ago:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ebay-auction,news-1402.html

Not sure why I thought the elimination of negative feedback was a new thing. Sorry for the misleading info.

Nevertheless, just in the last week I've put up three auctions and two winning bidders didn't pay. This was a new and unpleasant surprise for me, leading me to locking down my buyer restrictions as tightly as possible.

I figured I'd pass along the suggestion because unpaid items really suck.

Yes, it's a good suggestion.

I also suggest adding non paying bidders to your block list as well, just in case.

You can also set up eBay to automatically open and close Unpaid item cases for you, though that's really only useful if you sell frequently.

Another tip is to set up ALL "Buy it Now" listings to force buyers to pay when checking out. I've found that unpaid items for "Buy it Now" are FAR higher than auctions.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Irenicus - 02-16-2016

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

I have a little problem.

I have sold an item, but the buyer cannot pay me, because my Ebay account probably has not a validated card. Is it possible that I receive money on one of my associated Paypal emails, and claim it later, once my card situation is taken care of?

Appreciate you responses.

P.S

Whatheverfuckit, I have sent you a PM, and will repping you up soon. Thank you!

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - whateverfuckit - 02-16-2016

Quote: (02-16-2016 04:14 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

I have a little problem.

I have sold an item, but the buyer cannot pay me, because my Ebay account probably has not a validated card. Is it possible that I receive money on one of my associated Paypal emails, and claim it later, once my card situation is taken care of?

Appreciate you responses.

P.S

Whatheverfuckit, I have sent you a PM, and will repping you up soon. Thank you!

Anyone can send money to any email address via PayPal, even if the other person isn't a PayPal member. If someone not a PayPal member gets sent a payment, they get sent an email informing them of the payment with an offer to accept or decline it. I believe you have 30 days to make a decision.

That said, I don't advise asking the buyer to do this, because they won't be eligible for eBay Buyer Protection, not to mention eBay highly frowns upon taking alternate "unapproved" methods of payments.

If you need a card, you can buy a Prepaid debit card at most convenience stores, and you can even buy virtual ones online at Entropay.com

Just get your account verified as soon as possible, it's definitely worth it in the long run.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - Ruivinho - 02-23-2016

I am setting up a small ebay gig soon. Selling each item for about $20 gross profit. I'm 19 so this will be my first kind of business venture.
I've looked around and there isn't really any competition for what I'm selling. I just have to live in hope that the wholesale I buy doesn't fuck me with these items not being all of great quality. I've bought with them before and I'd say 85-90% of the items are perfect quality. But theres always been a few that have minor imperfections that would be picked up by a consumer though.
I'm starting with about 35-45 Items. See how they sell before going for more.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - whateverfuckit - 02-23-2016

Quote: (02-23-2016 07:22 AM)Ruivinho Wrote:  

I am setting up a small ebay gig soon. Selling each item for about $20 gross profit. I'm 19 so this will be my first kind of business venture.
I've looked around and there isn't really any competition for what I'm selling. I just have to live in hope that the wholesale I buy doesn't fuck me with these items not being all of great quality. I've bought with them before and I'd say 85-90% of the items are perfect quality. But theres always been a few that have minor imperfections that would be picked up by a consumer though.
I'm starting with about 35-45 Items. See how they sell before going for more.

Just stay away from fakes/counterfeits. From your description, it sounds like that may be what you're selling.....if so, know that it only takes one customer to report you to send you into a world of legal trouble....

I'm NOT accusing you, but just know that ANY "Brand" item (non-generic) you buy from CHINA is FAKE. Trust me on that.

On a side note, I've had several people PM me about the eBook. The offer is open to any RVF member, not just the one I quoted. Just PM me if you want it.

Anyone Actively Sell On Ebay? - el mechanico - 02-23-2016

I took apart a driveline part in a Benz a while back and found the common failure part was not available. I found it in Europe though so I ordered a shitload of them.

I'm the only guy selling them in the U.S. Or eBay. It's a oh fuck moment when you see the part and find out it's not available. I make 115 dollars each on them I sold two in one day last week but usually about 1 a week.

I just waste the money I make buying shit on there but it's fun.