Roosh V Forum
why do sausagefests exist? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: why do sausagefests exist? (/thread-26900.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

why do sausagefests exist? - bodmon - 08-08-2013

if men and women are born in a near 1:1 ratio, then why will a bar or club have a ratio so different from that like 1.5 or 2:1, or, in the most extreme case, online dating, a 3:1 ratio or even worse?

that is, if a certain number of available men go out at night, or log in online, then why isn’t their desire matched in women? where are their female counterparts? what are all these girls doing?

why do sausagefests exist? - el mechanico - 08-08-2013

Quote: (08-08-2013 02:04 PM)bodmon Wrote:  

if men and women are born in a near 1:1 ratio, then why will a bar or club have a ratio so different from that like 1.5 or 2:1, or, in the most extreme case, online dating, a 3:1 ratio or even worse?

that is, if a certain number of available men go out at night, or log in online, then why isn’t their desire matched in women? where are their female counterparts? what are all these girls doing?
We went over this but they're at Panera bread and TJMaXx. Learn how to pull at these venues, avoid nightclubs and online for lolz, sluts.

Run of the mill thirsty dickheads are programmed to go to clubs and do stupid things like bottle service when the ratios are so bad they have to beg girls and hire promoters to get them in there sometimes even pay them. The trick is don't be one of those clowns.

why do sausagefests exist? - thegmanifesto - 08-08-2013

Because Men and Women in general like different things.

"Sausagefests" are a good thing. Because they create places that aren't.

You have to know where to go to swoop girls.

Ask yourself, do guys like Sports bars? Yes. They love them.

Do guys like paying covers at places with dress codes and difficult doors? No. They hate them (read the forum for proof, and the forum has guys that know whats up way more than the average guy).

Do guys like crappy bars with cheap beer? Yes. They love them.

Do guys like nice restaurants? No. They hate them. (again read the forum).

Questions like that will help one navigate where to go and where not to go.

Notice I never complain of "sausagefests".

(Except in Southern California. And I still never complained of that).

why do sausagefests exist? - Menace - 08-08-2013

This is why demographic data is not that useful. You will see that DC has more women than men, so it must be an awesome place, right? Well no. It is the particular distribution of pussy that's relevant, not the relative amount in some area. As G writes, if your first reaction to a place is: I don't like it, it's stupid, or some other negative thought, then you should consider going there because the ratios may be in your favor.

Conversely if you think some place is cool/fun, guess what, so do a whole bunch of other dudes. Since people are generally lazy, weak, and conformist, they will go to those places and sausage it up. Even if girls would not usually be bitchy, when the ratio is skewed (more guys), they will automatically be more choosy and bitchy (can't blame them too much). For some cities the best strategy of going out to find pussy is not to go out and find pussy.

why do sausagefests exist? - Therapsid - 08-08-2013

A lot of girls just don't drink much. Some don't drink at all. These girls may go out occasionally with a pack of their friends, but they'll be the designated driver, so you can forget about a SNL.

The CDC has rates for alcoholism, binge-drinking, and alcohol-related mortality. In general, men have about twice the rate for all these things than women. That alone suggests that most bars and clubs should, all else being equal, be sausagefests.

why do sausagefests exist? - Kish - 08-08-2013

One reason but not the only reason:

Information Technology Hubs

If theres nightlife within a 30 mile radius of an IT hub expect a sausagefest.

And expect them consistently.

why do sausagefests exist? - Scarlet_Terror - 08-08-2013

Quote:Quote:

You will see that DC has more women than men, so it must be an awesome place, right?

Only if you factor in women over 40. Women 18-36 DC has a huge surplus of single men. The myth of DC being full of single women is bullshit.

why do sausagefests exist? - Sebastian - 08-08-2013

American men don't like doing 'gay' things.

Ask this to your typical guy friends.

hey let's go to salsa class
hey let's go to cooking class
hey let's go to art galleries
hey let's go to wine lounge place
hey let's go to home decor stores
hey let's go to fancy restaurants
hey let's go to farmers market

I bet 90% guys would LOL at you. I am not saying you should go to botox parties, beauty classes, and pilate classes to meet women. But you can't complain when you go to places typical guys like to hang out.

Which is more 'Gay'? hanging out in a sports bar with your dudes throwing bean bags OR
hanging out in an art gallery surrounded by classy ladies?

why do sausagefests exist? - Tuthmosis - 08-08-2013

I'm unsatisfied with the answers above. Some of the real reasons:

1. Obesity epidemic: Fat girls skew the numbers by (rightfully) being invisible to you, staying home on the Internet, or going places you wouldn't set foot in while your heart is still pumping, like Applebee's.

2. Girls are cheap: It's well documented that girls don't like spending their own money.

3. The economy sucks: Fewer guys are buying drinks and giving out other freebies because they're poor and got wise to the hustle.

4. Dudes are thirstier than ever: With masculinity being taught and learned in fewer and fewer places guys go to the only thing they know--bars and clubs. They stand around with their drinks clutched to their chest. There's a loss of creativity and bravery that spread out the sausage to different venues and times of day.

5. Bad game repels chicks: We may talk shit about girls abusing the stupid word "creepy," but you have no understanding how bad some of the "game" is out there. Girls don't want to go through the trouble of getting ready and standing in line to have dudes bring weak shit to the hoop.

6. The proliferation of social networking: Facebook, Instagram, and online dating are satisfying a lot of the attention-getting needs that girls have at a fraction of the cost and effort. Chicks just stay home. They have a waiting list of dudes online waiting to spend money on them, lavish them with praise, and give them dick.

The list goes on, actually. I should do a post on ROK about this topic. It's of high interest to me.

To be continued. [Image: idea.gif]

why do sausagefests exist? - Laner - 08-08-2013

Quote:Quote:

Because Men and Women in general like different things.

"Sausagefests" are a good thing. Because they create places that aren't.

You have to know where to go to swoop girls.

Exactly. Certain friends comment to me, "where can I meet women like that"

I just nod. I am done giving out invites to places and events that are off the hook with classy, feminine and numerous women, where the invites go unanswered. Unless its a "be seen" event, then guys are all over the invite. But again, these are going to be "sausagefests".

Most men wouldn't feel comfortable in a place with lots of high quality women. They talk the big talk about how this place has no women, or is a "sausagefest" but if they were suddenly dropped into a bar with classy fly women they would form a protective circle around their beers and either get drunk or get bitter (these women are snobby b*tches).

Nothing is broken nor wants to be fixed. Its just nature.

why do sausagefests exist? - Aliblahba - 08-08-2013

This whole forum is a sausagefest.

Quote: (08-08-2013 04:52 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Most men wouldn't feel comfortable in a place with lots of high quality women. They talk the big talk about how this place has no women, or is a "sausagefest" but if they were suddenly dropped into a bar with classy fly women they would form a protective circle around their beers and either get drunk or get bitter (these women are snobby b*tches).

Nothing is broken nor wants to be fixed. Its just nature.

Funny that you say that.

I have even noticed that guys who usually use the term "sausagefest" and complain about them are the guys that never step up when the odds are good.

But yeah, there are plenty of good places to go.

High end restaurant bars can be a goddamn goldmine. Again, ask guys if they want to go eat at a high end restaurant or go to a sh*t low-end happy hour.

They will pick the low-end happy hour 9 out of 10.

And I have yet to do a Pilates class, but also, I have yet to see one with less than 90% women.

why do sausagefests exist? - alphaspiraton - 08-08-2013

Switched to full view mode just to give gmanifesto's posts a thumbs up. I used to blame the sausagefests, and still do to some degree, but it's all where you decide to go.

why do sausagefests exist? - Sonsowey - 08-08-2013

Also, most guys dont even notice sausagefests or care.

Most people in a given environment simply dont even size up the male to female ratio.

Ive been in a bar that was easily 90% men, and said to a friend, "this place is a sausage fest" and he points out the two or three cute chicks there and says "what are you talking about, there are cutw chicks there."

Absolutely no awareness of how skewed ratios effect girls relative value. Thinks the presence of 2-3 cute.chicks in a packed bar is pretty sweet.

The Average Dude... sigh...

Quote: (08-08-2013 05:14 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Also, most guys dont even notice sausagefests or care.

Most people in a given environment simply dont even size up the male to female ratio.

Ive been in a bar that was easily 90% men, and said to a friend, "this place is a sausage fest" and he points out the two or three cute chicks there and says "what are you talking about, there are cutw chicks there."

I have seen guys who know what's up even do this (side note: only in Southern California, I think because of the brainwashing).

But here is the thing I don't understand about "sausagefests": Why not just walk out?

I mean, no one is holding you captive there. It's not some Ariel Castro (or whatever his name is) type situation.

If I even walk into a place with a bad ratio I am pulling this move:

[Image: abe-simpson-gif.gif]

why do sausagefests exist? - void - 08-08-2013

i think there is a difference between parties that are marketed as a event or a regular night at a club. a event is important and they "have to be there". higher end clubs also have hotter chicks and cost more money

why do sausagefests exist? - Ensam - 08-08-2013

There are a few things I can think of:
First, I think guys tend to change their habits a lot more slowly than girls do. I used to do a lot of social dancing. When I started it was a poosy paradise. Lots of attractive, fit, single girls. Then dudes started to pick up on that and eventually there were about even numbers of guys and girls. Once that happened the girls stopped going and pretty soon the dances were sausage fests. Same thing with yoga classes, gyms, bars, etc. It only takes a few thirsty dudes to turn off chicks to a place and then dudes keep on going back for a long time because it used to be good.

Second, remember that it's the ratio of all men to girls between the ages of 18-28 that matters. That throws the ratio off considerably. You're not just competing for girls with guys in her generation, you've also got to include the guys from a generation (or two) before her.

Thirdly, some dudes lock down more than one chick at a time. It only takes a relatively small percentage of guys locking down more than one girl to seriously throw off the dynamics. A baller 38 yd probably has a wife, a serious mistress and a few flings - none of whom consider themselves on the open market. He's out at the club trying to pick up another girl and they're all at home waiting for his call. When girls have multiple men they don't tend to lock them down in the same way because they prefer to date men who have options.

why do sausagefests exist? - Giovonny - 08-08-2013

Friday night -- All the dorks go out, the hot chicks stay home or bang their fuck buddy

Saturday night -- Tons of guys go out, hot chicks do dates or bang their fuck buddy.

Sunday -- The National Football League.

Another one I wonder about is "man caves"???

I have never seen one. Probably because I don't look for them..

Everybody is different. I don't knock guys for hanging out with their buddies. As long as they are happy.

why do sausagefests exist? - AneroidOcean - 08-08-2013

Quote: (08-08-2013 05:39 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Another one I wonder about is "man caves"???

I have never seen one. Probably because I don't look for them..

Everybody is different. I don't knock guys for hanging out with their buddies. As long as they are happy.

Usually man caves are actually "beta gamer caves" in actuality. I've realized that my whole place is defined by me. I like to cook, so I keep a reasonably stocked kitchen. I like to watch movies/listen to music so I have a home theater in the living room and a desk to get work done at. I like to entertain so I have lots of couch space, a nice barbecue, and a small patio table/chairs as well as a reasonably stocked bar and wine rack. I like being close to the ocean and the beach so I live within view/steps of the sand. I'm not on a baller budget, so my place is small and not many of my things are brand new, but I always get compliments/amazement at my location and I have neighbors with baller houses that I hang out and spend time with them in.

Why would I want a man cave in a larger place with nicer things in some shitty inland city? I live next to millionaires and surf bums alike. I'm closer to the surf bums in budget but am working towards the millionaires.

Quote: (08-08-2013 05:29 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

If I even walk into a place with a bad ratio I am pulling this move:

[Image: abe-simpson-gif.gif]

Exactly. If I hang with my good friends it's usually all guys sure, but if I throw a party, it's a wonder that I've never had a sausage fest with all that I described above [Image: dodgy.gif]

Why would you WANT to go out somewhere and stay if it's a sausage fest and you want to talk to girls? You're spending your time, your money, your effort, why would you waste it? I've done the turn around and leave many times. Heck, I've even got my cover back when the ratio is that bad. I'd rather walk down the street and chance running into a cute girl than stay somewhere packed with thirsty dudes.

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the reason sausagefests exist is SOLELY because people (men) put up with it. It's funny what ceases to exist or certainly doesn't affect you when you're not willing to put up with it.

why do sausagefests exist? - el mechanico - 08-08-2013

For my local places in town I text the owner or bartender to find ratios before I go. A couple of them watch the security from their laptops for entertainment and will text me when it heats up...

[Image: mindblown.gif][Image: mindblown.gif]

why do sausagefests exist? - CaP7 - 08-08-2013

I love NFL season (and UFC for that matter). Not that into it, so I go to the mall/beach/errands. Ratios are always better during football season.

why do sausagefests exist? - Bricks - 08-08-2013

Quote: (08-08-2013 04:56 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

This whole forum is a sausagefest.

And its great. Some dudes care about nothing but pussy, thats fine.

But there is nothing better then hanging out with your buddies. I get the impression from some guys on this forum that all they do is chase skirt, and dont have many guy friends. If that is the case you are missing out in a big way in my opinion.

why do sausagefests exist? - babelfish669 - 08-08-2013

Sausagefest = a mixture of alcoholics, idiots, and losers.

I'm cool spending time with a large group of guys if we are doing male things, like going to the shooting range or playing paintball. A dark bar or nightclub with a handful of chubby chicks? No thanks, I'd rather sleep.

why do sausagefests exist? - silverbullit - 08-08-2013

Bad ratios exist, its called a challenge.

You can't win in a sausage fest unless your game is tight as fuck, so tighten up and get in the pit. You always lose when you don't play.

why do sausagefests exist? - Ensam - 08-08-2013

Quote: (08-08-2013 07:33 PM)silverbullit Wrote:  

Bad ratios exist, its called a challenge.

You can't win in a sausage fest unless your game is tight as fuck, so tighten up and get in the pit. You always lose when you don't play.

It might be hard in a club but I've definitely pulled at sausagefest house parties in grad school without terribly tight game. Dudes get so thirsty. Basically it's just a version of last man standing. All you have to do is hang back and be aloof as fuck. Find one girl who looks kind of sick of all the boasting and whatever lame shit guys are doing. Give her a knowing glance every once awhile, maybe a little smirk. Wait for most of the people to leave then make your move.