Roosh V Forum
Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. (/thread-15908.html)

Pages: 1 2

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - megatron - 09-13-2012

I don't mean to speak for everyone here, but I bet most of us were betas who got tired of getting our hearts broken by following typical crap romantic advice like "treat her like a princess," "always tell her how you feel", blah blah.

I didn't lose my virginity until I was 20, after following some rudimentary game advice. I started with David D'Angelo's Double Your Dating. Even though I was social awkward, I oftentimes had gregarious streaks and didn't have a very tough time feigning confidence and saying controversial and sexually charged things to girls. I actually started to get laid for the first time in my life, and had a 4 year relationship too, but I realized that even though my initial dating game wasn't too shabby, my relationship game was terrible: I quickly started to reveal the beta underneath to my girlfriends.

I gamed this cute, big bootied Russian girl away from her b/f and we started dating. It was intense. We had a lot of sex too. But she was still talking to him and I took the "let's talk this through" route to the death; she got tired of me always trying to talk things out. And I showed just how jealous I was. She ended up losing the intense attraction for me that she once had. "I don't know what it is, but I just don't feel like hanging out with you anymore." My heart was broken profoundly, for the first time in my life of this magnitude. I then discovered Roissy/Heartiste and all of the above issues suddenly made sense, when they had confused me like crazy before.

Every since literally reading every one of his posts, his LTR ones multiple times, actually, I never looked back. I improved my body language, stopped showing jealousy (which drove all my subsequent girlfriends crazy, but in a good way), stopped discussing most problems beyond "this is dumb shit you're doing, stop acting like a child," etc.

Roissy became my hero.

So what pivotal moment in your life prompted you to start gaming?

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - bodmon - 09-13-2012

there was no single pivotal moment that turned me to game material. no painful breakup, no being cheated on, no LJBFing. i was just a 22 year old socially retarded virgin loner who stumbled upon the mystery method while wasting time on wikipedia.

at 22 i watched vh1's the pickup artist and cursorily read some game articles. at 23 i started reading e-books. at 24 i made a single nighttime approach... and went home and read a whole lot more. at 25 i finally, finally started doing nightgame semi-regularly. at 26 years and 7 months (march of this year) i lost my virginity to a fat feminist slut i met off okcupid. she let me cum in her mouth within like 3 hours of meeting her. it was pretty cool, man. since then i achieve about 1 new notch every month for a current notch count of 6.

my situation through those years, at this point, and likely extending into the foreseeable future has been and will be such that i must do cold approach. right now at age 27 i have at most 4-5 regular male friends. i have no big social circle full of girls to fall back on; no house parties or large gatherings to be introduced by friends to new girls. i have NO choice: do cold approach or be lonely and fap.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Norset - 09-13-2012

I had my first true one night stand (never met her before) with a girl that was in a steady official LTR. I got to that point by making fun of her all night, and leading her + friends (we had a common friend) to different bars. After I heard that she had a bf I stopped giving a shit, since I figured I wouldn't do her anyway. Said things like "stop bitching about men looking at girl's tits when they're wearing a low cleavage, why else would she wear shit like that. Men like tits you know!" which I normally never would. Very crude.. but it worked. Got her to buy me drinks. etc.

Day after mind was blown. Found roissy a few days later by googling for random stuff. That's about 1.5 years ago. Changed my life - all the girls I had done before then were single, had known them for a bit, and generally not that good looking.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - iknowexactly - 09-13-2012

When a really hot bi chick I was extremely one-itis struck with told she "could never love me" and went out with a far dumber, less interesting, but way more ripped Marine looking guy.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - liquiddrewl - 09-14-2012

Met an Asian "chick" through Facebook, progressed to oral but for some reason never let me hit it.........followed by 6 months of downward spiral until someone hooked up a link through a pheromone website to ladder theory(AFC/beta definitions). After that it was 2 years before I broke a 4+ year dry spell.

It was more gradual for me, but when I read about ladder theory I shit my pants and didn't wash.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - tiggaling - 09-14-2012

Meeting 3 girls in two weeks in the desert and fucking it up each time.

The 1st interaction, I thought I had met the woman of my dreams, the one I would marry. I fell in love without saying anything to her. then I approached her later, I never met a woman like her before. I didn't exactly fuck it up, but I didn't exactly deal with the psycho-dynamics of the situation with her apparent bf very well!

The 2nd interaction I had with this girl, was so profound to me that I got a rush that surpassed any drug experience I had ever had. (and believe me, I have had many)

The 3rd girl had the keys to the magic kingdom, but only on the condition I would seduce her. In that little window, I failed to, when all the signs and my feelings were there, and she closed the door to the kingdom, rejected and thinking me a foolish man.

Before that I was semi-serious, sitting on the fence about it, I guess being exposed to the scene for about 9 months previously.

After those experiences, I just read everything I could ravenously and took it all a lot more seriously. The stakes were higher. This was relevant, important and very serious - not just about pussy. But something to practise and master.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - aphelion - 09-14-2012

I recall a mortifying experience.

Long before i swallowed the red pill, I'd gotten the very I realized that the reason that the reason that the girl I'd spent 7 years in love with didn't return my affections because I pedestalized her (in epic fashion). That was the first bitchslap I really received that told me that there was a world beyond the horseshit that I'd previously subscribed to in order to attract women.

8 years forward and I'm still moving forward, but that was probably my first formative experience.

<3 you all.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Deluge - 09-14-2012

This is really mundane, but the moment that finally kicked me to properly get into game and approaching wasn't a break up, but actually a month or so later when I got flaked on after a first date and realized that I had run out of all of my fresh leads.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Hannibal - 09-14-2012

Had a girlfriend for about 5 weeks when she suddenly told me to fuck off. Then I started reading roissey and I had this other girl eating out of the palm of my hand. Haven't looked back since.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - AvalancheInc - 09-15-2012

I didn't know anything about game. I initially started out well losing my virginity at 15 but then I went 5 years dry. It took that frustration plus a new friend that I met while travelling that stayed with a guy who had met Roosh a few weeks earlier. He showed me the site, and while I'm no where near where I want to be its helped me go from 1 notch to 13 in 2 years. Its a lifestyle change and an eye opener. I can see who I should be for the first time in my life.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Giovonny - 09-15-2012

I was the quarterback of my high school football team and the starting point guard at the local university. Sometimes, I was on tv and in the newspapers. I got alot of pussy. After college, I lost all my social status. I lost all my local fame. No one knew who I was anymore. The quality and quantity of my girls took a nosedive.

I realized that for most of my life, I got girls because I was a popular guy at school. Once I got out of school, I realized that my game needed work.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Rah - 09-15-2012

Shitty high school experience, shitty college experience, shitty post-college young professional experience for about 3 years. Woke up one day and realized I hadn't been happy for the past half of my life. And I'm a good looking guy tall guy -- I basically went out of my way to keep girls away: online video games, terrible social skills, super beta white knight tendencies, getting kind of fat, LTRing a 6 for 8 years, doing nothing with my life outside of a boring professional career, etc.

I remember reading about some game sites like 5 years ago and decided to see if I could find them again, this was about 2 years ago, I think it was the RSD crowd. I quickly found Roosh's site from there. I read some stuff and got an idea of what might be possible, but sat on it for about 6 months. Eventually I became so consumed with how much I hated the way my life was that I resolved to stop being a retard, break up with my fatter-by-the-day-not-even-a-6-anymore girlfriend, get in shape, and study game.

I accomplished all of that but then unfortunately ran into some brand new fucked up health problems that make gaming difficult (it affects my dick, among other things). I've had some small successes, ran the Bang routine from start to finish a few times, and at least got a temp girlfriend that treats me 10x better than my last one and is cool with my problems. Still struggling to get healthy, but hope to get it resolved in the next 3 months. So I'm still not anywhere close to where I wanted to be by now, but at least I don't feel like a bitch anymore and I'm actually going for what I want, despite the lack of cooperation from my body at the moment. No going back now.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - rationalize_this - 09-15-2012

Giovonny we actually kind of have a similar story. I was a top junior tennis player in the country, and ranked pretty high internationally as well. Kind of a local celebrity in my city, newspapers consistently, on local tv networks as well. I took a scholarship to a Division I school and finished in 3 years so I could play a year professionally. Girls rained from the sky in college, as I was in the best school at my college, and in a top tier fraternity. After college, I went on tour, but injuries and my mental game, lack of sponsors, discouraged me and I settled on going to law school. I did ok in law school, but because of studying, out of the few approaches I made I swooped maybe 3 girls in 5 months. I thought I was balling! I was relying heavily on alcohol and my daygame was non-existent. I also had needy beta tendencies because my surplus was minimal at best. A buddy in NYC introduced me to the forum, and in a week i had read everypost roosh had written. My favorite being the Definitive Guide to Going out Solo. I went solo for the first time in NYC and it was liberating, got a makeout with a Cop from Chelsea (off duty of course). Haven't looked back since.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Lucky - 09-16-2012

In high school I got with this girl who had just gotten out of a relationship with a guy who treated her like shit. He called her names, slapped her around a couple times and was a complete asshole to her. So when she and I got together all of her friends told me how great I was and how they were so happy that she's with me because I'm a nice guy, etc. I was with her for about 3 weeks before she called me and broke up with me. The next day I was walking to class and saw her making out with her ex. At that moment everything I thought about girls changed. I was so confused.

That was several years ago. I really didn't discover game until about 2 years ago (via The Game by Neil Strauss). I really wish I had discovered Roosh, Roissy, and the rest of the great Game blogs sooner. I spent my first year experimenting with game using Mystery Method and other old school PUA techniques.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Handsome Creepy Eel - 09-16-2012

When I banged my ex by being extremely mad and ignoring her out of spite. The effect was so powerful that this girl who formerly claimed that she "just wanted to stay friends with me" even traveled 1000 km on her own to swallow my load. Since then, I've never looked back.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - XXL - 09-16-2012

my stroy is kind of weird cause i didn't go that 'felt in love and got dumped' route.

my dating/intimate life actually started with me messing with married/enganged/taken girls ONLY (i was nice guy who radiated that sweet/passionate/adventurous/romantic vibe that these girls apparently missed in their relationships at that point). this really shaped me and my view of women/dating, that' s all i knew at that time, i had no concept of proper BF-GF exclusivity, sleeping with taken girls was my reality of dating. i started talking about it out loud and expressing my point of view.

one day i was walkign down the street, saw cute couple and told my friend "pff.. lame.. do you know what she does behind his back? he's tasting other dudes dicks kissing her.."

then my good friend told me straight up that i'm totally fucked in head and i that should do something about it if i want to be able to meet girls without trouble. this coming out from my good friend was wake up call for me. i started learning about dating/women/social dynamics/etc, stumbled upon pua community, focused on rsd and the rest is history.

funny enough i kind of went full circle cause now i'm very carefree and withdrawn emotionally but forthe right reasons i guess.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - HoustonRookie - 09-16-2012

Went to an ex girlfriends apartment. Brought her food. Passed two guys sleeping in the living room on my way to her room. Found out they had both fucked her and her roommate the night before in a truth-or-dare-turned-orgy scenario.

Left her apartment, smoked a pack of cigarettes, and decided I'd never be that guy again.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Balkanite - 09-16-2012

Tried to date online and got no where being beta. Read The Game, found this site, starting working out, and am learning more everyday. My mindset was not correct until I got into this material. Waiting to get my own place in the next few months and unleash the animal.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - slubu - 09-16-2012

I bloomed late, dated a girl and it took me 3 months to bang her when I was 20. Then I cheated on her every opportunity I got, but still had no idea what I was doing and there weren't many opportunities. Eventually broke up with her, slept with a few more girls then fell fully for a thin hot white girl I got a SNL from. I was so happy, like I couldn't believe I was able to do this. And she was insanely into me. I dated her seriously even though I knew she was a huge slut, but I thought that was the past. It wasn't and she cheated on me. That led to a spiral of hatred of girls, drinking tons and actually banging a decent amount of girls but it wasn't because of game per se, it was basically getting hammered and seeing what happens. Quality suffered.

Eventually I hit a 3 month dry streak, and one of my old roommates had done the whole David Deangelo Double Your Dating. Listened to it fully and tried some of the stuff. This 19yo I've wanted for over a year that would never sleep with me, I went out with her again and I recall specifically just operating in my own reality, something I learned from the tapes. I just answered whatever questions I wanted ignored others. Next date she came over made me a ton of food and fucked me silly. I did the same thing with the next girl I went out with and ended up LTR'ing her for 4 years. I realized game worked.

Yet, discovering this forum has escalated things to levels I have never thought of. I used to think I'd go out, and by some miracle maybe I'd get a number, makeout or if the stars aligned, bring a girl back. Now I go out with that intention instead of hope. Eyes wide open.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Anon-A-Moose - 09-16-2012

I had a degree of natural game that really progressed well when I was with my fiance. After we split I started trying again, but never really managed to bridge the gap between charisma & game. Coworker told me about Roosh.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - elabayarde - 09-17-2012

This expresses our sentiments... I believe.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - megatron - 09-17-2012

Wow, some great stories here.

I was in love with Russian J-Lo, her nickname in high school. You know pathetic I became in relationship after my initial elementary game-fueled first month? I told her that I loved her after 6 weeks. She didn't say anything back, she just got this sad, confused look on her face. "It takes me a long time to fall in love, like at least a year. I really need to get to know the guy first." And you know what? I kept telling I loved her a few times a week for over a month, with nothing more substantial than a "okay, bye" reciprocated back from her. I'm just expressing how I feel!, I thought. Christ.

Reading Roissy and Roosh opened my eyes to just how incredibly beta I was. I really had to look in the mirror and confront myself. It was a very tough, but transformative time. It was like starting over from scratch. Like learning a new language.

The mystery of why this girl, who initially was very enamored with me, began to treat me like shit even though I was a very attentive, loving boyfriend, slowly started to wither away.

It's funny how now, after spending about 2 to 4 hours a day reading about game/anti-feminism for the past two years, all the "magical and mysterious" things that women used to say/do with me are so predictable now. I know how they think. Inside and out. I can predict what they'll say next and how they'll react after I do or say something "game" to them. Just like Roissy said, it's fun to push their buttons just to get the expected reaction out of them.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Palo_alto - 09-17-2012

I have bachelor's in natural game but I guess I got my master's when I started making serious cheese.

When I was young 18-20 I was pretty good in the lay department, all 6`s or 7`s....never an 8 or 9 though. Then when I started making fetti, bought better clothes, eat better, expensive hobbies, travel...that took me to the social circle where I wanted to be. Fucking 8's and 9's.

For me it was an inner thing more than an outside circumstance.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - Rick91 - 09-18-2012

I just had no fucking idea what to do around women, although sometimes id do somewhat cool shit and end up getting very lucky in certain circumstances. This went on till i was 18.

I then read the game and was totally mindfucked that i could in fact actually DO SOMETHING about it instead of just hoping i'd get lucky.

Main thing for me has been approach, and it always will be. Without the approach you have nothing.

Iv never banged a girl through social circle, it has always been through cold approach. Iam 21 years old banged 31 chicks, all were SNLs apart from 2 where i still sealed the deal within 24 hours.

Only 4 of the chicks i banged were native english speakers, and the best of them was a 6.5. Without foreign chicks id be a nothing.

Post About the Pivotal Moment in Your Life That Made You Turn to Game. - jdelisi - 09-18-2012

When I got the worst rejection of my life in front of a table of 6 of my friends in a restaurant.

Up until that point I'm not sure I ever did a real sober approach. Everything else usually involved a bar and alcohol.

I knew at that point I either needed to change the way I did everything or I was going to end up alone and hating women.

I chose to change.