Roosh V Forum
The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener (/thread-10685.html)

Pages: 1 2

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - BadgerHut - 02-22-2012

is fucking gold.

That is all.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - WesternCancer - 02-22-2012

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9856.html

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - gringochileno - 02-22-2012

The strength of this opener is its versatility. I still use it and "let me guess" as my 2 "scripted" night game openers when I don't have anything better to say because one of these two will be usable in virtually any situation you find yourself in at night. Neither one is going to hit a home run for you but I haven't found a better way to reliably start a conversation, which is all you should be trying to do with your opener. Keep it simple, stupid.

Honestly I think these two little lines are one of the most helpful things I got out of reading Bang. They beat the shit out of the weird-ass opinion openers and other cheesy crap that you find in most pickup literature. Most importantly, they get me to make approaches I wouldn't have made otherwise because I never, ever have the excuse of not having anything to say.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Roosh - 02-22-2012

[Image: icon_worship.gif]

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - BadgerHut - 02-22-2012

Quote: (02-22-2012 04:19 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

[Image: icon_worship.gif]

I like how it can be used earnestly or sarcastically, and function as a soft neg ("why would he say that? is he mocking me?") but at the same time expresses some vague admiration for the woman in question.

It can cause a woman to qualify herself ("oh no, I'm just hanging out") or tell you why she is where she is ("yeah, we're out for my [horny friend]'s birthday party").

It's so funny how when people are complimented they feel the need to explain or qualify it.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - soup - 02-22-2012

This opener works online as well.

Quote: (02-22-2012 11:12 PM)soup Wrote:  

This opener works online as well.

Can you give an example? I'm having difficulty imagining how to deploy it.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - soup - 02-22-2012

"You look like you're having the most fun on this thing"

Actual response: " lol how so? "

I know a guy who uses this when he see's a friend's band and it sucks. He tells them: "Looked like you guys were having a lot of fun up there."

Quote: (02-22-2012 11:22 PM)soup Wrote:  

"You look like you're having the most fun on this thing"

Actual response: " lol how so? "

Ah, I see.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - gringochileno - 02-23-2012

Basically the only place this doesn't work is day game. You might get a chick to play along if she's bubbly and in a social mood, but in most day situations I think it's inferior to going elderly since an elderly opener actually gives you a plausible reason to talk to her.

On a related note, I've had success using elderly openers at night to start conversations (without the part where you avoid saying anything personal until she does). I've gotten basically zero immediate blow-outs with it (which doesn't surprise me--think about how much of a bitch you'd have to be to tell a guy to fuck off when he's asking for help), and it's pretty easy to segue into my normal night game after a little bit of elderly chat (in fact, "you look like you're having the most fun here out of anyone" or "you don't look like you're from around here, let me guess..." is a great way to transition out of the initial thread). Has anyone else tried this?

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Drudenhaus - 02-23-2012

Has anyone used it though? Care to share stories?

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - BadgerHut - 02-23-2012

Quote: (02-23-2012 12:59 AM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Basically the only place this doesn't work is day game. You might get a chick to play along if she's bubbly and in a social mood, but in most day situations I think it's inferior to going elderly since an elderly opener actually gives you a plausible reason to talk to her.

On a related note, I've had success using elderly openers at night to start conversations (without the part where you avoid saying anything personal until she does). I've gotten basically zero immediate blow-outs with it (which doesn't surprise me--think about how much of a bitch you'd have to be to tell a guy to fuck off when he's asking for help), and it's pretty easy to segue into my normal night game after a little bit of elderly chat (in fact, "you look like you're having the most fun here out of anyone" or "you don't look like you're from around here, let me guess..." is a great way to transition out of the initial thread). Has anyone else tried this?

I've definitely mixed openers like that. Stacking openers is a good way to get conversation lubricated. I've also found that the day-game model is a good way to keep conversation flowing day or night (ramble, listen for personal questions, escalate) and is a good MO if you're out at night but don't have the logistics to pull off a SNL for whatever reason (far from home, nowhere to crash, drinking with your boss, etc). I know it goes against Roosh's wisdom of going as far as you can the first night, but if you can't pull off the lay, I don't see why you shouldn't just totally drop the idea of escalating, kissing, etc, chat for a bit and get the #. Better to get out relatively quickly before she starts wondering if you're man enough to make a move.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Roosh - 02-23-2012

Quote: (02-23-2012 01:00 AM)Drudenhaus Wrote:  

Has anyone used it though? Care to share stories?

Troll hasn't read the thread?

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - dickbutt - 02-23-2012

my usual opener has been the social direct "you (guys) seem fun. i had to come say hello." of course the tone can be inflected to make it seem neggy/teasing, but i guess it does not have as great as an effect of such nature as does roosh5's opener. however i have not used his opener until now because the full version in his book - "you look like you're having the most fun out of anyone here" - seems like a mouthful, esp. for a single opening sentence. seriously man

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - scribblec - 02-23-2012

Quote: (02-23-2012 10:38 AM)dickbutt Wrote:  

my usual opener has been the social direct "you (guys) seem fun. i had to come say hello." of course the tone can be inflected to make it seem neggy/teasing, but i guess it does not have as great as an effect of such nature as does roosh5's opener. however i have not used his opener until now because the full version in his book - "you look like you're having the most fun out of anyone here" - seems like a mouthful, esp. for a single opening sentence. seriously man

i usually shorten it to "you look like you're having fun"

and the delivery will suite the occasion

it is pure gold and the minimum you will get is a chuckle and a conversation or if they are actually having fun they will tell you why [Image: biggrin.gif]

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Mr.GM - 02-23-2012

Maybe its just me , or something different in the Brazilian scene , but that is the only opener from Roosh's books that seems a little off to me. When I said it it just sounded fake or too rude. Maybe I did something wrong in the way I said it.

I just have much more sucess with elderly chat and GALNUC variations.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Basil Ransom - 04-28-2012

Quote: (02-23-2012 10:27 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Maybe its just me , or something different in the Brazilian scene , but that is the only opener from Roosh's books that seems a little off to me. When I said it it just sounded fake or too rude. Maybe I did something wrong in the way I said it.

I just have much more sucess with elderly chat and GALNUC variations.

Yeah, I felt the same. It hasn't really worked for me. IMO, merely noticing a girl and recognizing her in your opener inflates her ego, so cutting her down a little or injecting some humor mitigates that. When I've been that neutral, polite, non-edgy guy, my results get shittier.

I have a variation that works alright though:

"You guys look like you're having a real heart to heart." Slightly cocky, smirking patronizing tone.

Can be used for almost any time bitches are talking to each other, and then you can transition into phony cold reading, where you just completely make up problems about her life (thus the heart to heart).

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Veloce - 04-28-2012

Whenever I see 2+ girls in a bar, sitting and talking, I often open them with something like, "Uh oh, sounds like a relationship therapy session. Lemme offer a healthy male perspective here..."

Most of the time girls get together over drinks, they're talking about relationship/dating drama.

90% of the time it's met with laughter and openness. I find relationships make a good topic to interject all sorts of wry, sarcastic, and slightly cocky comments

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Pacesetter20 - 04-29-2012

Quote: (02-22-2012 02:23 AM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

is fucking gold.

That is all.

Agreed. However, I will caveot that in my experience this works much better in the Anglosphere or at least countries where irony/sarcasm is a part of the country's humor profile.

For example. Only 50% of Germans understand irony/sarcasm, so my captivate rate is much much lower here compared to, say, London.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - at350zguyy - 04-29-2012

this one is definitely golden and i need to field test this one a little more. ive done it once or twice but sort of unconsciously.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Teedub - 01-15-2013

Quote: (02-23-2012 12:59 AM)gringochileno Wrote:  

^^ This! ^^

A variation of any of those, or a combination of two of them, are all you need. At least in Anglo countries anyway, judging by some other comments.

That said, I also really like:

Quote: (04-28-2012 08:54 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

"You guys look like you're having a real heart to heart." Slightly cocky, smirking patronizing tone.

Can be used for almost any time bitches are talking to each other, and then you can transition into phony cold reading, where you just completely make up problems about her life (thus the heart to heart).

and

Quote: (04-28-2012 10:56 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Whenever I see 2+ girls in a bar, sitting and talking, I often open them with something like, "Uh oh, sounds like a relationship therapy session. Lemme offer a healthy male perspective here..."

Most of the time girls get together over drinks, they're talking about relationship/dating drama.

90% of the time it's met with laughter and openness. I find relationships make a good topic to interject all sorts of wry, sarcastic, and slightly cocky comments

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Spider - 01-15-2013

Quote: (04-28-2012 10:56 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

That sounds like an easy way to get into their conversation while being funny at the same time. Will have to try.

I basically use Roosh's "It looks like you (or you guys) are having the most fun here" for every bar or club approach where I don't know the girls. Almost always gets a conversation started.

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - XXL - 01-15-2013

Try "you know how to party" with pointing finger at them etc [Image: amuse.gif]

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Veloce - 01-15-2013

Recent variation successfully used on a group of 4 girls:

"You girls look like trouble over here"

The "you look like you're having the most fun here" opener - Iso - 09-25-2016

This opener is great when used sarcastically. Look for a girl who is bored at the bar then say it in an overly exaggerated voice. If she is game, she will laugh