Roosh V Forum
New York City - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: New York City (/thread-8368.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

New York City - Qwest - 02-07-2014

Hit NY last weekend for the Super Bowl and stayed in a nice 1br on Sullivan in Soho which I found on AirBnb. Came in on Friday and linked up Slubu and a couple of his boys. We hit up Hotel Chantelle first and it was pretty weak and even worse when some idiot sprayed fucking mace upstairs. The good news was Slubu picked up a cute 19yo Russian from there and I saw him for about 5 minutes that night when it was all said and done haha. Every place was starting to have long fucking lines and getting in was starting to be tough. We picked up some straggler chick who's teeth look liked she had a "grill" because they were so gold. Slubus other buddy was wasted at this point and ended up making out with this 5 at best and ended up banging her. Me and Slubus roommate were hanging out at Pianos and I was rapping to this hot Colombian chick with a huge fake rack who was I'm pretty sure the hottest chick in there. It was her bday and and she was wasted but seemed to kind of like me. She told me her dad was Cartel and that she had bodyguards watching her so I need to be careful. Didn't really believe her although I could tell she had big $, but then I looked around and saw two shady looking Colombian dudes eyeing me hard and clearly watching her. Got her info and slowly slid out of that as I knew she wasn't going anywhere with me that night. Have been messaging with her and she seems eager to me when I go back.

We then bounced to Los Feliz and I dont remember all the details but I ended up meeting a girl who works there. I invited another chick I met 3 years ago to come and meet me and of course she shows up right when the employee chick is super into me and giving me free shots. I'm in the middle and I'm talking to the girl I invited on one side and employee on the other is getting super jealous and wants my attention. She just tells me then, "I'm off in 20 minutes, you're coming with me to my house." I tell my girl I invited I'm leaving and she just gives me this look like "You asshole". Dont think I can salvage it but I'll try.

We leave and, bang!

The next day I meet the fellas to exchange stories at Joes Saigon Chinese Food I think. Good food, heart attack waiting to happen though! I get home and try to take a nap and start feeling sick. Come down with the fucking flu and cant go out on Sat night in NY the night before the Super Bowl. Fuck me! I play with Tinder that night and my god are there some chicks in NY on there! I had maybe 15-20 matches in NY and 3-4 of them are messaging me that night asking me what I'm doing. Too beat and sick, I can't deal with it. I also noticed about 7-8 different groups of chicks over the weekend just openly swiping away at the bar having fun with it. Chicks seem to REALLY be into in NY. I have some good leads I'm going to cultivate for next time.

Wake up the next day, pop pills like no tomorrow, and we go to a little sports bar in SoHo to watch the game. In there we have a group of chicks who comes in and tries to steal my chair. I fuck with them a little bit and let them share it with me as I don't want to sit the whole time anyways. One chick has huge tits and a skinny waste, pretty cute face. She is doing a lot of talking about random bullshit and I'm bantering back a bit. Mind you, I'm still feeling sick but I'm having some fun with it. By the 3rd quarter I'm telling this chick how I'm going home with her after the game and I'm going to show her some things. This was all done with almost zero kino, no hugging, minimal touching, and not getting all flirty with her. It was like two work colleagues watching the game exchanging some stories about whatever bullshit. My game is usually based heavily on touching, flirting, lots of eye contact and putting forward some sexual energy. Because I was sick, I wasn't in the mood for that shit so I decided I would just see how far I could get on essentially words alone.

At the end of the game I tell Slubu and his buddy, that I'm going home with this girl to go fuck her. They both looked slightly surprised I think because they couldn't really hear what I was saying to her but could see we weren't all touchy feeley or anything. Go to her place, have her down to panties and she's rubbing my cock and begging to get fucked but asks me if I have a condom. I dont actually, and she wont let me fuck her. She is pretty fucked up and I am worried about leaving that she will pass out. Well, what do you think happens? I go to leave and get jimmy hats and come back and the chick is passed out and doesn't answer the door. Fuck me! Rookie mistake by me, but shit happens.

The next day I get snowed in and I call up the girl from Friday. She comes over and sends me off on my merry way the next morning.

New York City - TheBulldozer - 02-07-2014

Qwest....it's Joe's Shanghai. Hope you got the steamed buns.

Shanghai-ese cuisine is traditionally greasy.

I was out in the midwest at a conference last week. Shame I missed you guys.

New York City - WestCoast - 02-08-2014

I am just gonna leave this here, been to about 6 of the spots on the list so it gets an ok and head nod from me. It's a mixed list though would prefer one solely nightlife but we already got that since my list overlaps with distant light to the T.

https://www.newyork.com/articles/restaur...ple-59233/

New York City - Kaizen - 02-09-2014

Question for the locals: If you could only spend 4 (consecutive) nights of each week in manhattan, which would you pick?

(dreaming that I can somehow rearrange my life to make this happen....)

New York City - TheBulldozer - 02-09-2014

What do you want out of the city Kaizen? Business connects? Partying?

No Business, that would remain in my home base.

NYC would be a 2nd home and strictly for leisure. A new start in a new city and everything that involves...getting an apartment, new friends, women, nightlife so forth.

thursday-sunday might be more practical for me but I wonder if it's more of a 'bridge and tunnel' scene @ night.

might not get a wink of sleep tonight; just the thought of a regular escape from this slow death in Toronto is exciting

New York City - soup - 02-09-2014

Quote: (02-09-2014 01:00 AM)Kaizen Wrote:  

Question for the locals: If you could only spend 4 (consecutive) nights of each week in manhattan, which would you pick?

(dreaming that I can somehow rearrange my life to make this happen....)

If you have to ask, that means you're probably wasting your time here.

NYC is about being expert.

Make connections and save some time and money.

^ have to start somewhere, no?

Can't be an expert day 1

New York City - Mumbojumbo - 04-01-2014

My two cents on NYC:

- bitch shields are the highest I have seen anywhere
- lots of players scouting the nightlife (at least the places I went to)
- nightgame seemed really tricky with these parameters
- lots of Asian girl/ Caucasian guy pairings - more often than most US cities
- pretty girls with pretty faces but often ice cold
- so much choice in venues and girls to talk to - I felt overwhelmed
- way fewer European girls than what I hoped for - mostly Americans and (American) Asian girls
- coffee shops delivered leads consistently
- Tinder/ Hot or NOT did not get many results (matches were not hot)

I was happy to leave actually - the crowds, the weather and the constant over-stimulation from the girls (and my desire to approach) got to me. I'm sure you can carve out your niche here and hit the streets every day.

New York City - Cr33pin - 04-01-2014

I will be in NYC from April 16th till April 25th.

New York City - Drazen - 05-29-2014

I didn't see the question answered, but:

I haven't been to NYC in like a decade but I'm going in July for a few days.

1. Are weekends or weekdays better? I hear a lot of people try to escape the city on the weekends and there is a Bridge and Tunnel crowd.

2. What area Manhattan/Brooklyn would be the best place to stay for logistics? Talking about staying in an area with a high concentration of bars and foot traffic.

I mainly want to just walk around and explore during the daytime, maybe get some happy hour and that leads to light dinner and drinks and that leads into nightlife, most likely rolling out solo. Not interested in tourist sites whatsoever, more interested in day to day life. Probably prefer barhopping over having to get into clubs, etc. Not looking for anything too fancy, maybe an Air BnB, was looking staying in the city from Sunday-Wednesday or something (I may visit with family on the weekend, but I don't have to).

EDIT: I just found this thread- Caligula's NYC Data sheet. If anyone has any further knowledge to drop, I'd appreciate it still. http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6604.html

New York City - Goldmund - 05-29-2014

For the barhopping scene and airbnb rates...Williamsburg does it best.

New York City - Drazen - 07-03-2014

Just a quick question. I'm staying at a Hotel on Ludlow and Houston (Ludlow Hotel) on a Wednesday. Its right by Katz Deli I believe:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ludlow+an...CAgQ_AUoAQ

What are a list of great bars/lounges/etc that will take advantage of the logistics there. I saw on google maps there are a lot of bars in that immediate area. Is it a good idea to roll dolo out there or do a happy hour there?

New York City - Vicious - 07-03-2014

Quote: (07-03-2014 02:56 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

What are a list of great bars/lounges/etc that will take advantage of the logistics there. I saw on google maps there are a lot of bars in that immediate area. Is it a good idea to roll dolo out there or do a happy hour there?

I'm not a fan of the faux grime of the LES of today but if I were in your position I'd grab dinner at Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya, a post-dinner drink at Open House Club and if I still didn't have anything biting late I'd step inside Beauty & Essex.

I know MaleDefined swears by Pianos that's just down the street. Personally I found it a little to group-oriented the one time I was there. He knows the city better than me though so might be worth checking out.

New York City - TheBulldozer - 07-03-2014

Quote: (07-03-2014 03:29 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2014 02:56 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I'm not a fan of the faux grime of the LES of today but if I were in your position I'd grab dinner at Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya, a post-dinner drink at Open House Club and if I still didn't have anything biting late I'd step inside Beauty & Essex.

I know MaleDefined swears by Pianos that's just down the street. Personally I found it a little to group-oriented the one time I was there. He knows the city better than me though so might be worth checking out.

I used to, but it's subtlety changed and there are better places. There are some NYC guys who go out much more than I do who can point you in the right direction. Hotel Chantelle would be one in your neighborhood. I do well at Hair of the Dog in your neighborhood as well but that's because I can play the new to nyc or jappy girls that like the fratty vibe like a flute.

I have some spots in NYC that I've shared with a few members but don't post publicly as well.

New York City - unbowed - 07-03-2014

Pianos is a shitshow on the weekends, but on a Wednesday it may be worth hitting up. See if there are any cute girls going to the show in the evening. There's usually also a free show upstairs. There's an array of bars on Ludlow you can check out. If one sucks, keep moving.

Two big clubs; Hotel Chantelle and DL are practically across from each other on Delancey, 5 minute walk from you.

Bulgarian Mehanata is near there too, can get a funky crowd going.

If you venture west of Houston, there's a ton of bars lined up on Ave A and B. Just walk up and down from Houston to 7th st.

So long as you can hook a girl, getting her back to your place shouldn't be an issue, given your logistics. Don't be afraid to venture out a little. Logistics is the game in NYC. As soon as you drop your location, you're in.

New York City - robreke - 11-02-2014

Quick question about NYC girls and daygame ( or nightgame for that matter)

Are they somewhat receptive or are they hard to talk to/attract because they get hit on so much?

I was talking to a guy who said the girls there are tough because there's so many players and the girls there have heard it all.

Then again, I've also heard that it's a great place to go to get lays because there's so many women and so much opportunity.

New York City - ohionukes - 12-21-2014

In NYC for the weekend to hook up with ex, so I have little to contribute.

Saturday night clubs I went to:

Mehanata - sucked. The bar, the music, the people. Would never go back.

Pyramid Club - 80s night upstairs, industrial in the basement. Is "gay friendly", a couple of gay guys paid to dance. Didn't really expect that. I was hunting for an alternative chick. A couple of hot lesbians, I couldn't work my way into (sadly). Probably would not go back.

I have read multiple threads on NYC. To be honest, I find the night life/club scene too intimidating. There are just SO MANY places to go to. At least in Orlando, I can know almost every place in town worth knowing, and when to hit each. I feel that if I was living in NYC, I would constantly be wondering if I was "missing out" on the whatever the best place might be and spending crazy hours combing the city.

New York City - Kaizen - 12-21-2014

Quote: (11-02-2014 04:40 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Are they somewhat receptive or are they hard to talk to/attract because they get hit on so much?

I was talking to a guy who said the girls there are tough because there's so many players and the girls there have heard it all.

Then again, I've also heard that it's a great place to go to get lays because there's so many women and so much opportunity.

Don't listen to this guy. The responses I have gotten from approaching nyc women only wants me to approach more.

New York City - AllStar - 12-21-2014

I'm going to be in NYC for a few days over Christmas and New Years (most of the time I will be in Delaware) with a cousin and some of his friends that I have not met yet. I am only 20 so I won't be able to get into any bars; should I just daygame or is there some nightlife options for people under 21?

New York City - Rang off the Pipe - 12-21-2014

You're better off daygaming. This time of year is not great to be going out, with New Year's Eve being the worst of it. And since you're not 21 your options wouldn't be good anyway, especially since you're visiting.

New York City - bigbait - 12-24-2014

Quote: (12-21-2014 09:51 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

You're better off daygaming. This time of year is not great to be going out, with New Year's Eve being the worst of it. And since you're not 21 your options wouldn't be good anyway, especially since you're visiting.

This is mostly true but it's a little more complicated than that. 90% of the girls have left the city, but the rest of the girls are bored and lonely because all their friends are gone. Day game is hard during this couple of weeks because there are so many holiday parties and events that the girls go to so it can be difficult to schedule a meet. However, this is a a great time to pick up at bars. So many girls who are out are bored and wants some fun, and is likely single (because otherwise she would be with her guy during this week).
I'm not saying this week is a great week, but if you adjust your strategy for the unusual dynamic you can do well.

New York City - Vaun - 12-24-2014

Quote: (12-21-2014 03:40 PM)Kaizen Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 04:40 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Don't listen to this guy. The responses I have gotten from approaching nyc women only wants me to approach more.

yeah, thats loser talk, you have an entire thread here which says otherwise

New York City - TrueSlyr - 12-25-2014

Any tips where to meet women during a weeknight? Aside from a bar/lounge?

New York City - Clint Barton - 12-31-2014

Whole Foods, on the street, in a coffee shop, eating dinner at the communal table or bar of a restaurant, at the laundry mat, shopping, in a bookstore, blah blah blah...

But at night, you are gonna have the most opportunities at a bar/lounge/club.

Quote: (12-25-2014 03:53 PM)TrueSlyr Wrote:  

Any tips where to meet women during a weeknight? Aside from a bar/lounge?