Roosh V Forum
The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Inside Scoop on Houston? (/thread-3891.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-07-2016

How is Rice Village coming along?

Montrose/Westheimer?
*Poison Girl in this area is "money in the bank" I would bet any of you guys on here. If you ever have a bad cold streak to go to Poison Girl

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-07-2016

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:19 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

Rice Village is good or bad or pompous. No in between. I'd put it as the place with the least consistency in the city. Granted this whole city's nightlife in each area isn't even consistent.
Quote:Quote:

Montrose/Westheimer?
*Poison Girl in this area is "money in the bank" I would bet any of you guys on here. If you ever have a bad cold streak to go to Poison Girl

Poison Girl isn't good for getting laid, but it's great to chill with your friends. Saint Dane's is the only place beating it for scummiest bar in the city. And that's mainly for what sometimes goes on outside it. Very strange things mind you.

Outside that place is the only time I've been solicited by homeless people and ugly hookers at the same time. I've got a few more stories about that place as well that I can't share.

Edit: Also made a response to your last post check the previous page.

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:18 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:05 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:59 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:45 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 10:37 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

^Word of advice man. The mods are pretty strict about grammar so I would suggest just posting from your laptop so you don't get a warning but damn I love your energy.

[Image: highfive.gif]

I'm just an honest guy lol.

I'm actually posting from my apartment in State Thomas in Uptown right now... place is dead and the few girls i've seen walking around my complex were nothing to write home about (strong 7) and looked like their soul got sucked out of them(not kidding)

I considered going to Billy Bob's in FW(EXCELLENT "talent" there) but too far of a drive and I have work and gym in the morning so this weekend definitely

I may actually head down though as I was supposed to look at some property and have some very very good friends who live in Houston who gush and say they would never leave lol

*is it true they shut down Celtic Garden in Midtown? When you have so many Little Woodrow's and so many "fun" people and knockouts I guess it wouldn't matter too much lol

*Side note: If any of you ever goes to Houston Gym off Durham... that will give some of you an indication of just "some" of the "talent level" that Houston has lol

Fuck Little Woodrow's(unless you're going for the gumbo and chilli cook offs). Trash chain with asshole bouncers.

Anyways yeah Celtic has been closed a while now. Though most people I know go to Avante Garden or Hugh's Hanger(dependent on night) if you're looking for a similar kind of vibe.

And I'm not too sure about that gym, but that might be the one a few people I know visit if the talent is good. Seen more than a few group gym videos on snapchat. Granted how incestuous nightlife can be it's not too much of a surprise if a lot of hot chicks go to the same gym.

Houston gym is a local gym(I suppose that's obvious) and everyone there is just really cool lol. The gym owner's name is Matt something and he's a really cool guy.

Yea I remember seeing groups of 8-8.5(easy lol) going together wearing short shorts and tanks... pretty good stuff lol

That area is nice, even running along Knox you can tell that everyone is educated, professional and financially well off but also just trying to have a "good time". But that's Houston, everyone is cool and I think (mostly genuinely) a good person

What salary do you all suppose would be needed to be comfortable there as I know it's more expensive than Dallas? But I would highly consider a pay cut.

Depends what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a place within walking distance of Midtown or the Heights/Washington Avenue or Montrose you'd have to make atleast 6 figures to live decently.

You can make less if you don't mind 10-25 minute Ubers around town depending on which you're closer too.

Or live dirt cheap out 30ish away and drive into town to party then pass out on your friends' couches like I do(sadly I'm what you call a leech) after building a social circle or just crash in the backseat of your car on a bad night(make sure you buy a parking pass for one of the major garages around town so you can fall asleep relatively safe). Keep a spare change of clothes and shower up and get going at your local gym in town. It's not comfy but it pushes you to get laid on nights you are actually out. Saves money too.

nice! lol

Yea i chose Lifetime for that reason... always open and clean lol

I could potentially transfer ASAP(when my lease is up or if i can find a way out of my contract) and get around ~80k fairly easily but that is a significant pay cut. So I may have to save up and/or keep looking

I'm thinking about saving until my lease is up and then just heading down.

It's interesting you note crashing at friend's places. I have a good friend down in Midtown, from Dallas btw(lol), who LOVES Houston. He says succinctly that the people are much "nicer" and "honest". The funniest part is he's also about to become a priest. He's a good man. It just shows the eclectic nature of Houston and how it brings so many people to that city. (And when I say "city" I mean the actual city, not suburbs, everything in the loop)

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:21 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Rice Village is good or bad or pompous. No in between. I'd put it as the place with the least consistency in the city. Granted this whole city's nightlife in each area isn't even consistent.

Montrose/Westheimer?

Poison Girl isn't good for getting laid, but it's great to chill with your friends. Saint Dane's is the only place beating it for scummiest bar in the city. And that's mainly for what sometimes goes on outside it. Very strange things mind you.

Outside that place is the only time I've been solicited by homeless people and ugly hookers at the same time. I've got a few more stories about that place as well that I can't share.

I don't know man, I went to Poison Girl once, when I lived there, it was basically fish in the barrel. 3 to 1 type of night

I've heard Red Rivers in Tomball is similar, but that's like fishing with dynamite. I wonder if that's true...

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-07-2016

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:34 PM)kevans74 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2016 11:21 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Montrose/Westheimer?

I don't know man, I went to Poison Girl once, when I lived there, it was basically fish in the barrel. 3 to 1 type of night

I've heard Red Rivers in Tomball is similar, but that's like fishing with dynamite. I wonder if that's true...

Red Rivers was good, but not anymore. Dried up(get it?).

Poison Girl was good scarcely a year or two back. The kind of vibe you're mentioning maybe 2+ years back. A lot of the people going there started going other places. Recent phenomena but crowds that were regulars at some places start going to others. Even so much as a few months back.

Some of the people I used to see I don't even see anymore. Kind of a shame as I don't like to exchange numbers until I get really really close with people. A lot of my casual friends I saw at X or Y place all the time and chatted them up. Granted that's the vibe of this city. It's easy to be friendly with people and even hang with people you've never met on a night out if you're a cool dude, but it's hard to make friends with people. Sometimes I've even hung out with people for a year or two before we exchange numbers even.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - StackGsMan - 12-08-2016

Montrose/Westheimer?

Rice Village is pretty dead compared to what it used to be at least as far as the bars go. I would say you should save Rice Village for day game.

I really never liked the lay out of Poison Girl or the crowd in general. The outdoor area, which is where almost everyone is every time I've been there, might as well be a club with bottle service. Everyone sitting around with their own groups at a table. The ratios also tend to suck IMO because the one hot chick at a given table is with at least 3 other guys.

My hometown is Houston, but I've lived in a few different cities by now. The best gem I can offer about Houston is if you're at all interested, go for the black women. Out of all the places I've lived or visited black women in Houston by far outshine the rest of the country. That being said I live on the SW side and all I have to do is go to a grocery store or two and I'll run into plenty of curvy African American or African women. For anyone interested in the whole flag concept, just check out Alief sometime.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-08-2016 12:41 AM)StackGsMan Wrote:  

Montrose/Westheimer?

Rice Village is pretty dead compared to what it used to be at least as far as the bars go. I would say you should save Rice Village for day game.

I really never liked the lay out of Poison Girl or the crowd in general. The outdoor area, which is where almost everyone is every time I've been there, might as well be a club with bottle service. Everyone sitting around with their own groups at a table. The ratios also tend to suck IMO because the one hot chick at a given table is with at least 3 other guys.

My hometown is Houston, but I've lived in a few different cities by now. The best gem I can offer about Houston is if you're at all interested, go for the black women. Out of all the places I've lived or visited black women in Houston by far outshine the rest of the country. That being said I live on the SW side and all I have to do is go to a grocery store or two and I'll run into plenty of curvy African American or African women. For anyone interested in the whole flag concept, just check out Alief sometime.
Liked for this specific piece of info right here. Rice Village is just beautiful around 4 PM-9PM for women some days. I won't say anymore though as that could give away a lot about me.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - TravelerKai - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-07-2016 04:21 PM)Unchained Wrote:  

100k or 6 figures anywhere in the US is great except for San Francisco and Manhattan and upper class suburban areas. WTF are you people smoking?

If you aren't worried about flossing and you're smart with your money, 100k is good anywhere in the US. Even in LA you could have a decent spot with 100k a year unless you guys are worried about rocking rolex's and driving new luxury cars as well.

If you're trying to make money and the "baller" lifestyle then 100k isn't enough in LA/NYC/Miami/San Francisco but if all you spend frugally 100k is great anywhere in the United States.

That comment was silly.

You must be young, broke, or both.

The person said, to live like a Don. Not an average joe. A Don is pretty much Baller's level.

There is no way to be ballin in Houston or Dallas at 100K. If you lived in a small cheap ass apartment in the outskirts and spent all your dough on a BMW 3 series, I guess you could get away with that, but no form of "Hood Rich" impresses women with some value to them. Gullible 18 year olds? Yeah if your game is slick and very tight, probably.

Still isn't ballin.

If you buy your own house in any of the burbs or a small one inside the city, flip it, repeat, then we might start talking a little bit. 100K for a few years paired with some sort of cash on hand to back it up, is about the closest you will get to being able to do that, otherwise you need a boost.

If you make 100K and can get a 20K+ bonus, each year, then you can front pretty fucking hard. You can easily get a luxury car, a house/condo, in pretty much every area, except River Oaks proper.

150-180K is ideal for running a Don's style of game. You can easily afford all kinds of tailored suits, buy a BMW 5 Series or Benz E class, and should be able to pull most gullible bitches at any age range like that. You could create your own circles and run a more advanced lifestyle game, and more than likely have women coming to you.

Problem is, it's hard. Pretty damn tough to make that 150-180K before you are around 28-29. I hit that the first time at 26, but I was at or near the top of the food chain in my field. That was a really good year, but I could not sustain that. Even worse, I was still married to my exwife, but chasing ass was the least of my concerns at that time, because she and I were on the way out of each other's lives but I had to keep a very low profile. I also used to waste alot of money on car parts (auto enthusiast) and MMA back in those years too, so...eh. I was not a player before or right after my first marriage. I was at least smart enough to buy property though.

Anyway I digress, my counterparts that live in the Bay Area or Silicon Valley, make around 250K a year. They say they are very comfortable, but they never say that it's ballin. They have more/better cars than me, but our houses are about the same or mine is bigger (Texas houses are cheaper, bigger). I know one guy that makes 450+, but he is in his 40s working for one of the biggest companies in the US, as a VP. He still would not consider himself rich there, even though technically he is from a US national tax bracket standpoint.

450K here in Texas, is definitely what you could call rich. At that rate, you pretty much can live anywhere, maybe even rent/lease in or around River Oaks. Get that HSE Range Rover and ball out of control. Attracting the wrong attention would be your only problem at that point.

Good luck getting money like that in your 20s or early 30s though.

The money Dalbroker is talking about is "fuck-you money". That kind of money is great at any age. He is also correct, that is what we should be aiming for.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Unchained - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-08-2016 03:55 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

100k or 6 figures anywhere in the US is great except for San Francisco and Manhattan and upper class suburban areas. WTF are you people smoking?

If you aren't worried about flossing and you're smart with your money, 100k is good anywhere in the US. Even in LA you could have a decent spot with 100k a year unless you guys are worried about rocking rolex's and driving new luxury cars as well.

If you're trying to make money and the "baller" lifestyle then 100k isn't enough in LA/NYC/Miami/San Francisco but if all you spend frugally 100k is great anywhere in the United States.

That comment was silly.

Hence why I said "If you aren't worried about flossing". Though I'll admit I'm all of the above.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-08-2016 12:41 AM)StackGsMan Wrote:  

Montrose/Westheimer?

honestly...

I'm just going to be 110% real here

I'm more of a brunette guy, love brunettes with fair skin and green/blue eyes but...(and you have to remember I live in Dallas too right now)

Houston BLONDES are really, really, really, SERIOUSLY hot! I think the best in Texas honestly and I don't even like blondes.

I was thoroughly impressed with the blondes in the Heights area and there's a good amount in Midtown as well...

And I don't even like blondes lol

For the money,

Just stop with it guys... My salary is $104,000 and my bonus is around 10-15k... so basically about $120,000 after bonus depending on performance really

My point is my "salary" isn't fronting. I NEVER said I was a baller/super rich... but I sure as hell am not a 50/60k millionaire which there are many... MANY... in Dallas

All said, money isn't super important to me. Sounds gay, but i'm confident and I have great overall game. I would rather have the great overall/balanced game than be super rich...

I would transfer to Houston EASY if I could get ATLEAST 90k right now... which seems a little hard with the economy(i'm an engineer btw)

80,000, which I've been told would be easy with my education/skill level/experience is more doable and I'll most likely do that when my lease is up up here but it wouldn't make sense to lose THAT MUCH (20k +) even though Dallas sucks and it's hard to meet "real" or "decent/good" people that you want to keep around

*although I did pull a 21 year old, who I SWEAR, was a Mila Kunis clone in the Plano Legacy area a couple weeks back... best "sight" i'd seen in weeks, coming from Uptown

Quote: (12-08-2016 03:55 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

That comment was silly.

The person said, to live like a Don. Not an average joe. A Don is pretty much Baller's level.

There is no way to be ballin in Houston or Dallas at 100K. If you lived in a small cheap ass apartment in the outskirts and spent all your dough on a BMW 3 series, I guess you could get away with that, but no form of "Hood Rich" impresses women with some value to them. Gullible 18 year olds? Yeah if your game is slick and very tight, probably.

Still isn't ballin.

If you buy your own house in any of the burbs or a small one inside the city, flip it, repeat, then we might start talking a little bit. 100K for a few years paired with some sort of cash on hand to back it up, is about the closest you will get to being able to do that, otherwise you need a boost.

If you make 100K and can get a 20K+ bonus, each year, then you can front pretty fucking hard. You can easily get a luxury car, a house/condo, in pretty much every area, except River Oaks proper.

150-180K is ideal for running a Don's style of game. You can easily afford all kinds of tailored suits, buy a BMW 5 Series or Benz E class, and should be able to pull most gullible bitches at any age range like that. You could create your own circles and run a more advanced lifestyle game, and more than likely have women coming to you.

Problem is, it's hard. Pretty damn tough to make that 150-180K before you are around 28-29. I hit that the first time at 26, but I was at or near the top of the food chain in my field. That was a really good year, but I could not sustain that. Even worse, I was still married to my exwife, but chasing ass was the least of my concerns at that time, because she and I were on the way out of each other's lives but I had to keep a very low profile. I also used to waste alot of money on car parts (auto enthusiast) and MMA back in those years too, so...eh. I was not a player before or right after my first marriage. I was at least smart enough to buy property though.

Anyway I digress, my counterparts that live in the Bay Area or Silicon Valley, make around 250K a year. They say they are very comfortable, but they never say that it's ballin. They have more/better cars than me, but our houses are about the same or mine is bigger (Texas houses are cheaper, bigger). I know one guy that makes 450+, but he is in his 40s working for one of the biggest companies in the US, as a VP. He still would not consider himself rich there, even though technically he is from a US national tax bracket standpoint.

450K here in Texas, is definitely what you could call rich. At that rate, you pretty much can live anywhere, maybe even rent/lease in or around River Oaks. Get that HSE Range Rover and ball out of control. Attracting the wrong attention would be your only problem at that point.

Good luck getting money like that in your 20s or early 30s though.

The money Dalbroker is talking about is "fuck-you money". That kind of money is great at any age. He is also correct, that is what we should be aiming for.

You/I or "we"

Should ALWAYS aim higher brother

But there comes a time/point where it's good enough and you need to focus on your overall self.

When I hit 70k+, I feel like that's when i started seeing that... not saying that 70k is a great salary but it's a solid salary and "comfortable(in Texas)" if you're single

Overall, you want to make sure that you "overall" as a "person" are successful as well.

I'm assuming you're in IT/software, as I am as well. I've made projects for BIG, BIG, BIG companies over the years... financial institutions, retailers, beauty/cosmetics, physicians, lawyers, etc. I've done C#, ORACLE/APEX, Java, etc many of those things...

Honestly, I "enjoy/love" my job and that's probably why I'm good at it. If I stayed in Dallas or went to Austin I would guess that by 30 I would be around $130-150k...but that's not that important to me again.

I also enjoy European cars(I'm a fan too!), working out, intelligent conversation, good, "real" company with "real" friends... I had that a lot back home in San Antonio and in school to be honest...and I also enjoy attractive women [Image: smile.gif]

So I can't have it all... I realize that... I can't have the world... I can't be greedy... so I urge you guys to stop with going overboard on my salary

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Naughty By Nature - 12-08-2016

That comment was silly.

LOL, they seem well-intentioned but slightly delusional.

Dallas is 30th among 62 listed cities in North America for cost of living.

The average 1 BR in Dallas is $1,220/month, lol.

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-livin...th-america
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/dallas

The median household income in Dallas is 60k. This cat is making double that (including bonus) and is only in his mid-20s.

This ain't exactly London, guys.

But, Unchained, remember, this is an anonymous pick-up forum where the average guy makes 500k/year, bangs a new supermodel every week, and saves wildlife in their free time. [Image: wink.gif]

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - TravelerKai - 12-09-2016

None of you guys have good critical reading skills and it shows. Keywords were "Don" or "Baller" and expanded into a discussion where I gave tips on how one could possibly do that in Houston. I'm tempted to pull back that rep point and just stop repping newbs carte blanche. John Galt was the last dicey early rep I gave and he's banned now. Should have known better. Comte you were right.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 12-09-2016

I'm on lunch at work, but Friday's are chill so I can type this!

Yes I'm around $120 000 after bonus... EASY... more likely just under that than over, I told you all I could provide snippets of my Direct Deposit if needed... I will edit out my personal details obviously lol.

I pay MUCH MORE than $1200 for my apartment complex.

As I've said this before, honestly, if you've lived in other "cities" Dallas isn't impressive.

I find the suburbs to be much "funner/relaxed", more "normal" and the talent is honestly better.

Off the top of my head: Addison, Plano(Legacy), Flower Mound, Grapevine, Denton(nice college town!), Southlake, Frisco, McKinney, Rockwall, have MUCH better "talent" than central Dallas. And this is me putting it into perspective having lived in BOTH Dallas and Houston.

But those mentioned are "suburbs" of Dallas and NOT "Dallas"... I absolutely HATE when people get those confused. The mailing address to the girl I'm nailing in Plano reads "Plano, TX" and NOT "Dallas, TX"... People need to get that straight! The suburbs(especially the northern suburbs of Dallas) are like an ENTIRE DIFFERENT world than "Dallas". I was at Lifetime the other week and had a guy(Dallas native) told me that they should just create two separate cities: Dallas and "north Dallas"(above PGBT/635)

I think I already made that point clear in my OP though. Also again, a shoutout to the city of Fort Worth!

Dallas, the "city", does not impress me... it's incredibly pretentious, fake and depressing. Which is why my salary is so high at just 28, I thought I made that clear(?). No one wants to live here.. .the "talent" is WAY WAYY WAYYY overrated and overblown. I'm seriously not joking about this, come and see for yourself. You almost have to escape the city to see any "real" 8's and up

Quote: (12-09-2016 11:57 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

None of you guys have good critical reading skills and it shows. Keywords were "Don" or "Baller" and expanded into a discussion where I gave tips on how one could possibly do that in Houston. I'm tempted to pull back that rep point and just stop repping newbs carte blanche. John Galt was the last dicey early rep I gave and he's banned now. Should have known better. Comte you were right.

I'm not arguing with you man.

I simply posted my salary to put it blantantly that I get sick of all the "pretenders" and $50/60k millionaires that frequent Dallas(the city)... there are A LOT of them lol.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-09-2016

We're not arguing with you. We just expect you to not write like a mental midget and spam up this thread with garbage. I liked your energy but now you're just getting annoying.

And if you're satisfied with just 6 figures and say that's good enough you'll say that 10 years from now too. Then in 15 you'll think getting a MBA is a good idea and waste 6 figures on a MBA. Then maybe just maybe you'll get a slight bump on the pay scale.

Personally we're trying to help and motivate guys to make more. And for the guy with no posts up there saying that we're all acting like "big ballers" on this forum. All of the people who didn't care about money expatted. If you're here in the states still, you should be here for the money. There's nothing else to it.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Unchained - 12-09-2016

100k is objectively good money anywhere in the US. Literally making more than like 90% of the population.

Obviously we all want to aspire for more. Just cuz 100k is good money doesn't mean we don't want to be millionaires. I don't understand the condescension of people who don't have the latest BMW or a house in the suburbs as a measure of success/wealth. Even if I WAS wealthy I wouldn't want those things lol.

And I clearly said in my post that for guys who aren't trying to floss or "ball" that 100k is great anywhere but SF/NY/upper class suburbs.

But of course like Naughty said everyone here is a multimillionaire, model girlfriend having, 8 inch dick swinging, Ferrari driving mini celebrity. Excuse me for speaking as a mere mortal.

I mean to me the way some of you guys talk (not just TravelerKai but a couple others in this thread) is as absurd as if someone came in and told everyone they're a scrub and a chump for being rich but not having judges and politicians in their pocket.

There's levels to this shit I understand that. What I don't understand is the arrogant condescension. Especially suggesting that someone who thinks 100k is good needs to aim higher. No one on this forum is here to be mediocre just because someone isn't making 7 figures doesn't mean they aren't ambitious. I want to be a multimillionaire but I still think 100k is good and I don't make that now. Pretty sure less than 5% of the planet's population will ever be balling above 7 figures in the first place and people are acting like someone who makes 6 figures is equivalent to a pothead who lives in his mom's basement.

Is there some rule that I, as a broke dude, can't want to be ambitious and make millions and still be happy when I hit the 6 figure benchmark? Holy shit.

To be honest about money though, just being real

About 150k is mostly a "cap" anywhere in Texas

Unless I become CIO somewhere big some day. I have two good friends, both much older than me at that level and they are OVER $150,000 and I am FOR CERTAIN about this

So it is all relevant.

Like I said, once I hit the ~$70,000 mark a while back I was honestly pretty "comfortable'. Of course I am making MUCH, MUCH more than that now, but honestly it's all relative to how you spend your time and your own "hobbies/likes/etc"

I have a thing for European cars, working out, and younger(legal age and up obviously lol), attractive women... nice architecture/buildings also interest me somewhat

So I spend a lot of my time around the first 3, as long as I can make $70,000 and UP and "enjoy" those top 3 things I feel like I am "happy". Obviously making ~$120,000(after bonus) is a big plus but it's just relative

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Cattle Rustler - 12-09-2016

Houston weather be like:
[Image: 6CkYdcr.jpg]

I want to reply to this thread....but it's just too many facepalms.

Houston girls though (Midtown and the Heights)

damn...

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - StackGsMan - 12-31-2016

I'm a Houston native, but have lived in other parts more recently. I've been back in town for a couple of months now, and I'm a bit confused about the nightlife atm. From what I can see Washington, Rice, and the Montrose areas are pretty dead compared to the past. Can anyone confirm this? Is the city just dead now or has the action moved somewhere else?

I've heard from a few people that Midtown is where it's at now, is that true? Can anyone update me on where I should look into hanging out?

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-31-2016

Quote: (12-31-2016 02:59 PM)StackGsMan Wrote:  

I'm a Houston native, but have lived in other parts more recently. I've been back in town for a couple of months now, and I'm a bit confused about the nightlife atm. From what I can see Washington, Rice, and the Montrose areas are pretty dead compared to the past. Can anyone confirm this? Is the city just dead now or has the action moved somewhere else?

I've heard from a few people that Midtown is where it's at now, is that true? Can anyone update me on where I should look into hanging out?

Nightclub/bars weekdays shows on weekends. If you've read any of this thread I have repeated this ad nauseum.

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 01-02-2017

was in Htown this past weekend for NYE

went home to SA for Christmas... things change

I can tell you from the top, as of today 1/2/17, Houston is better, this is coming from Uptown Dallas.

It is much "easier" to have a good time in Houston. Btw, the majority of my NYE night was in Irish Cowboy(lol).

The other "bros" I went with were more "honest" and "real" than the ones i party with in Uptown Dallas which i think says something about the difference in cities.

As for what's good, it was answered on here but you need to know what times and what nights!

The Heights area.. is still kicking...but Washington Ave is so MASSIVE that it's pertinent that you know what's good on what night.. that's just an example. You could get stuck over by Kung Fu, Blue Fish, etc and miiss all the action all the way on the other side of Washington Ave

Midtown is DEFINITELY getting better and much, much nicer and more walkable than I would have imagined lol. I was impressed by all that I saw(including properties i looked at).

Also... the "talent", especially if you're into brunettes, is DEFINITELY BETTER in Houston than Dallas... no question

The Inside Scoop on Houston? - kevans74 - 01-02-2017

Quote: (12-31-2016 02:59 PM)StackGsMan Wrote:  

The Heights... anywhere off Washington... it still gets good but you'll have to hit it at Friday and Saturday mostly

I've heard Montrose is still good and Midtown is yes where it's at...

Coming from Uptown Dallas... i VERY VERY HIGHLY prefer Midtown Houston

Take home points:
- It is much much easier to just "have fun" compared to Uptown Dallas
- i feel the "people"... if i roll with other guys or hang out, talk, chill, etc are much more "real" and "honest" to be around... as in I can actually "trust" what they tell me which is VERY FAR from what I get in Uptown where you can honestly only believe 1/2 the things people tell you (honestly)... This is probably a reflection of the girls i've met in the MIdtown area too... much more better "overall" as a "person/human being". To add to this, the people you meet you feel like you can keep around for a long ass time(important in life i think)... whereas in uptown it's so fake, two faced, etc(which i know it sounds cliche but it's true).. half the time you wonder if they're your friends for the right reasons and/or if they're worth keeping around in life. I feel this is important as we will all turn 30, 40, 50, 60, etc one day... I just get the vibe that the "people" in Midtown I could possible keep around
- There is MUCH, MUCH more to do in Midtown Houston than Uptown Dallas...honestly, it's even worse up here... it's dead on EVERY day except Saturday night... Fridays are a toss up as half the time it's dead(thus, i go to Plano/Frisco, Arlington, Fort Worth area a lot... i like those areas btw)
- the girls in Midtown are the best in Texas... close toss up tie to Austin... This is DEFINITELY true if you like brunettes with light(blue/green) eyes... which is my type btw lol
- All the Camden Properties WITHIN the loop are pretty legit
- If you are decent looking, tall, well built, have a decent to good job and have any sort of game... it is like fishing with DYNAMITE