Roosh V Forum
Realistic Foreign Movies - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Realistic Foreign Movies (/thread-6812.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Realistic Foreign Movies - 911 - 07-11-2016

Good one Brian. Another Nordic flick about brother is "Rams". It's not about a Cali football franchise, it's about two brothers in Iceland at odds and a ram farmer struggling.

Also from Scandinavia, I really like director Joachim Trier. His first two films focused on the lives of young men from Oslo, aspiring writers ("Reprise").

Here's the opening. One of the best opening credits sequence around, starting at 5:00, set to Joy Division's "New Dawn Fades":

The second film, "Oslo August 31st", is a day in the life of that same character coming out of rehab on a summer day in Oslo, feeling a bit detached from his circle. Not as melodramatic as that sounds, pretty well done and a good watch.

Realistic Foreign Movies - eradicator - 07-11-2016

Y Tu Mama Tambien

full film

Realistic Foreign Movies - eradicator - 07-11-2016

Godard and Trufeu made some great French films, not sure how real they are, but if you get how sexual and snotty the French are as a society, just watch their complete works.

Realistic Foreign Movies - deerhunter - 07-11-2016

Just watched 71 and really liked it. I know people that I like who were on a couple of those sides back in those days. Good people just depends what side you were born on as to your loyalty.

Realistic Foreign Movies - 911 - 07-12-2016

Truffaut's first film, "The 400 Blows", is very realistic, one of the best films ever made about childhood. It's largely autobiographical, harsh and real reflecting his difficult adolescence, without ever drifting into melodrama.

Considered as one of the 20 best films ever made, yet very real and accessible.

Godard on the other hand is fairly pretentious, though Breathless stands out with a great debut star performance by Jean-Paul Belmondo.

Hated "Y Tu Mama Tambien" and its gay theme.

Realistic Foreign Movies - rotekz - 07-12-2016

Austrian film Revanche.
[Image: MV5BMTczMjUwNDExM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTIx...g%E2%80%8B]

Realistic Foreign Movies - Easy_C - 07-12-2016

It is an older one, but I highly recommend a Korean movie called the Flag of Tae Guk (Tae Guk Gi). The movie has some of the most realistic war films I've seen. When you watch it will seem utterly confusing and chaotic....which is an accurate portrayal of what it is like for a green recruit.

Realistic Foreign Movies - RIslander - 08-06-2016

I can't say this is a great film but I still enjoyed watching it. Northern Limit Line is an extremely patriotic South Korean film on a modern day battle with the North. I watched it on a plane and I found it memorable.

It really showed how cucked the South Koreans are by the US when it comes to NK aggression. If they were let loose they would absolutely lay waste to the north.

Realistic Foreign Movies - 911 - 08-06-2016

...and then get nuked?

No they have to wait out for the regime to implode, it might take a few years, or a few decades.

Realistic Foreign Movies - TooFineAPoint - 08-06-2016

Quote: (07-12-2016 12:18 AM)911 Wrote:  

Truffaut's first film, "The 400 Blows", is very realistic, one of the best films ever made about childhood. It's largely autobiographical, harsh and real reflecting his difficult adolescence, without ever drifting into melodrama.

Considered as one of the 20 best films ever made, yet very real and accessible.

Godard on the other hand is fairly pretentious, though Breathless stands out with a great debut star performance by Jean-Paul Belmondo.

Hated "Y Tu Mama Tambien" and its gay theme.

Godard is more of a cinephile's director.

Nonetheless, interested folks should check out some of his more accessible works:

The Little Soldier
Band Of Outsiders
Contempt

I think the greatest Godard films are Vivre Sa Vie, Masculine Feminine, and Alphaville. But one has to work up to that vocabulary to get something out of them.

Some later stuff like First Name Carmen and In Praise Of Love are amazing... but almost unintelligible if you haven't fully bought in to the earlier stuff and have a very patient attention span.

I suggest newbs start with Band Of Outsiders.

As to Truffaut, 400 Blows is fantastic, but the absolute best stuff is Stolen Kisses, Two English Girls, and Day For Night. A shit ton of red pill stuff in the last two especially.

Then you can check out my man Rohmer...

Realistic Foreign Movies - Leo_Decashio - 08-08-2016

I'm into middle-eastern cinema- there have been some great examples posted early in the thread. Here are some ones I didn't see posted:

The Edge of Heaven (2007)

A film about the randomness of death in the developing world, where life is cheap, versus the inability of westerners (in this case, germans) to understand this volatility. In the vein of other hyperlink cinema films like Syriana and Babel, it interweaves the stories of multiple people separated by geography and time. Meandering yet wonderful film.

Omar (2013)

A focused thriller that touches on some psychological aspects underlying the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Plus, Leem Lubany is cute in a feminine, unvarnished way.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Brian Shima - 08-31-2016

hardcore henry

Realistic Foreign Movies - UlteriorMotive - 08-31-2016

[Image: 7-days-movie-review-2.jpg]

7 Days is a foreign movie that I hold up very high, I've recommended it to a few people and they have all enjoyed it. I don't want to ruin anything but I will say the acting is very good and it is a realistic take of what a man would do when something unspeakable occurs.

Small synopsis:

Code:
Code:
A doctor seeks revenge by kidnapping, torturing and killing the man who raped and murdered his young daughter.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Brian Shima - 09-11-2016

Train To Busan is a zombie movie from South Korea ..While a zombie-virus breaks out in South Korea, a couple of passengers struggle to survive on the train from Seoul to Busan..entertaining yes but it does seem to drag on. And I could of lived without the emotional piano constantly playing when someone sacrificed themselves ..

http://imdb.com/title/tt5700672/

Realistic Foreign Movies - RIslander - 09-11-2016

Quote: (01-13-2015 05:14 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

German, boring and almost forced to stop half way LOL, it is funny to see the old Dr. Martens and ugly baggy pants girls wore in the 90s though. It did remind me of Gen X 90s with the music and everything, Watched it years ago and for some reason decided to give it another try..maybe its just me because it has great ratings

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130827/?ref_=ttmd_md_nm
[Image: RunLolaRun1.jpg]

Re-watching this movie now. Its the only good flick I can think of with a female lead. Its a fun movie.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Soyouz - 09-14-2016

Here are some of my favorite ones:

Les Lyonais (A Gang Story) :
French movie about one of the most famous French gang.

Millennium Mambo :
Taiwanese movie with a cute actress (Shu Qi). She works as a hostess in a trendy bar, and is torn between two men, her loser boyfriend who treats her like shit, and a rich man.

Monsieur Lazhar :
French-Canadian movie. An Algerian immigrant is hired to replace a popular teacher who committed suicide in her classroom. While helping his students deal with their grief, his own recent loss is revealed.

Drug War :
Chinese movie. A drug cartel boss who is arrested in a raid is coerced into betraying his former accomplices as part of an undercover operation.

The Hunt (Jagten)
Swedish/Denmark movie. A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.

Realistic Foreign Movies - rotekz - 09-14-2016

^^^ The Hunt was a bit disappointing. I didn't find the behaviour of the girl to be plausible at all. It came over as a film about a very decent guy getting his life ruined by a malicious lying six year old. Mads is very watchable, great actor, but the plot of this one just didn't ring true for me. It was almost like there was a progressive angle to it i.e. don't believe kids when they say someone is fiddling with them. I kept willing him to go on a rampage but no such luck.

I have Monsieur Lazhar but haven't got round to watch to watching it yet. A bit suspicious that it's going to have a progressive political angle as well, especially as it comes from Canada.

Realistic Foreign Movies - rebelcounty2016 - 09-21-2016

Quote: (03-12-2012 11:28 AM)The Fantasist Wrote:  

Realism in foreign film.....Look no further then Russian gangster thriller 'Brat' ( Brother ). It gives it you all in bucket loads. Young army dude ( played by the excellent Sergei Bodrov Jnr. ) heads to St.Peter to stay with his brother,ultra violence ensues. Cult film everyone who has spent time in Russia has seen. Great soundtrack. Unforgettable. It's also up on Youtube with English subs. You won't regret watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmzUJkrKq5Q
There is a sequel too [Image: smile.gif]

Realistic Foreign Movies - rebelcounty2016 - 09-21-2016

I'm a movie guy, have tonnes of foreign movies on my drive. I'L make a quick list since i get so much good info off this forum.I know OP wants realism so i will mostly stick to ones that fit the bill. I much prefer foreign movies these days,and am always looking for new things to watch.
A Prophet (2009)
Antibodies (2005)
Beasts of no nation (2015)
Big Bad Wolves (2013)
Chungking Express (1994)
Cinema Paradiso (1988)
City of God (2002)
City of Men (2007)
Jagten aka The Hunt (2012)
L'enfant (2005)
Les Choristes (2004)
let the right one in (2008)
life is beautiful (1997)
made in hong kong (1997)
Gomorra (2008)
Gomorra la serie (2014) i highly recommend this
Pusher trilogy 1996-2005
Suburra (2015)
The Hunting Party (2007)
The act of Killing (2012)
The Intouchables (2011)
The Secret in their Eyes (2009)
La Mafia Uccide Solo D Estate (2013)
The general (1998)
Love/hate tv show
Three colors Trilogy (1993)
La Haine (1995)
The Lives Of Others (2006)
Election 1,2 (05/06)
Che part 1 and 2
Central do Brasil (1998)

Realistic Foreign Movies - TooFineAPoint - 09-22-2016

Quote: (09-21-2016 07:10 PM)rebelcounty2016 Wrote:  

L'enfant (2005)

Seconded. Great films.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Chevalier De Seingalt - 10-15-2016

Quote: (09-22-2016 12:34 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

L'enfant (2005)

Seconded. Great films.

Nice. I saw the three colors when I was probably 18 and forgot about them, need to go back and rewatch them.

I had the biggest crush on Irene Jacob from Rouge.

[Image: WPHwS6Mm.jpg]

Realistic Foreign Movies - AManLikePutin - 10-16-2016

Die Welle (German)

Watched This a couple of years ago on Netflix. very interesting concept. Here is the trailer

Realistic Foreign Movies - TooFineAPoint - 10-16-2016

Quote: (10-15-2016 07:50 PM)Chevalier De Seingalt Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2016 12:34 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

L'enfant (2005)

Seconded. Great films.

Nice. I saw the three colors when I was probably 18 and forgot about them, need to go back and rewatch them.

I had the biggest crush on Irene Jacob from Rouge.

[Image: WPHwS6Mm.jpg]

It's very hard to watch through that whole series in a short span of time (I like 1 per day, over a long weekend) and not
A. fall in love with Jacob
B. get misty at the end of Rouge

This is world-class filmmaking. It's well crafted and artful and has insight into the human condition. It's acted with intensity and realism. And it is deeply entertaining and appealing to a broad spectrum of audiences.

I often cite Three Colors as a gateway drug into foreign art films for normies who are used to modern Hollywood shit.

Realistic Foreign Movies - YoungBlade - 11-27-2016

The Last King, a Norwegian film describing the true story of the rescue of the baby King Hakon Hakonsson in 1204 by the Birkebeinerne, poor farmers and rebels who put his grandfather on the throne and were known for their skiing skills. Quite redpill, clear, traditional story. Obvious good guys and bad guys. Sacrifice, redemption, and victory.

Realistic Foreign Movies - urbannomad - 12-22-2016

Quote: (08-08-2016 02:12 AM)Leo_Decashio Wrote:  

I'm into middle-eastern cinema- there have been some great examples posted early in the thread. Here are some ones I didn't see posted:

The Edge of Heaven (2007)

A film about the randomness of death in the developing world, where life is cheap, versus the inability of westerners (in this case, germans) to understand this volatility. In the vein of other hyperlink cinema films like Syriana and Babel, it interweaves the stories of multiple people separated by geography and time. Meandering yet wonderful film.

Omar (2013)

A focused thriller that touches on some psychological aspects underlying the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Plus, Leem Lubany is cute in a feminine, unvarnished way.

This was a really good film (Omar) ! This one also needs be under red pill films ....