Roosh V Forum
Baking Soda for deodorant? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Baking Soda for deodorant? (/thread-4519.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Emmanuel Goldstein - 11-16-2013

delete, wrong thread.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - roberto - 07-03-2014

Quote: (05-14-2011 08:46 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2011 08:16 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

Well, I just tried this baking soda bizwizz for the first time today and so far it's been working way better than the usual deodorant I use. In fact, there is no noticeable smell coming from my pits. Yeehaw!

Yup it really is amazing.

I've abandoned the baking-soda-in-the-balls project. In left my crotch feeling slightly cool, a feeling that I did not enjoy.

Just taken a look at this legendary thread after a recent post re deodrant and links to cancer. I like feeling 'cool' down there (hell, I often go commando) so I will be applying liberally.

Regarding cool sensations and your crown jewels, I can attest that a chick giving you head after using mouthwash is a very weird 'cool' sensation. Personally, I quite enjoyed it [Image: lol.gif]

Baking Soda for deodorant? - No Habit - 07-03-2014

Quote: (09-20-2013 11:15 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

This is the heat rock: [Image: 41wEPeNQ6TL._SY450_.jpg]

The ingredients are basically baking soda and plant oils, works better than any commercial deodorant I've ever used before.

Did someone test the Arm & Hammer deo?

I am still using A&H baking soda a lot and it works amazing. Problem is that after applying it for 5 days straight it is getting aggresive on my skin and starts burning.

So I wonder if that A&H deo has something added to prevent this.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Moma - 07-03-2014

Quote: (07-03-2014 11:07 AM)Bad-Habit Wrote:  

I am still using A&H baking soda a lot and it works amazing. Problem is that after applying it for 5 days straight it is getting aggressive on my skin and starts burning.

Why don't you mix with corn starch as mentioned in the thread?

Baking Soda for deodorant? - No Habit - 07-04-2014

Will do, thanks.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - RexImperator - 07-04-2014

I think that burning effect is caused by using too much, or letting too much accumulate. I would remove some with a damp washcloth and then apply some tea tree oil with a cotton swab. Should relieve the burning.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - No Habit - 07-05-2014

I am no expert in chemistry but I think when you mix baking soda with water it creates a base. This makes it a hostile place for the sweat-bacteria but also for your skin. I guess cornstarch neutralizes it a bit.

NaHCO + H2O -> Base

NaHCO + C27H48O20 + H2O-> Weaker base?

Maybe someone can do the math here.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - PapayaTapper - 07-11-2014

"Just taken a look at this legendary thread after a recent post re deodrant and links to cancer. I like feeling 'cool' down there (hell, I often go commando) so I will be applying liberally.

Regarding cool sensations and your crown jewels, I can attest that a chick giving you head after using mouthwash is a very weird 'cool' sensation. Personally, I quite enjoyed it [Image: lol.gif]"

Years ago I had a girl give me smokey with a mouthful of Altoid mints once. It was actually great and I've since had several girls do it too. Anybody else have an Altoid hummer?

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Isaac Jordan - 07-15-2014

Quote: (07-03-2014 11:07 AM)Bad-Habit Wrote:  

I am still using A&H baking soda a lot and it works amazing. Problem is that after applying it for 5 days straight it is getting aggresive on my skin and starts burning.

When I first switched to baking soda I noticed something similar. If I applied too much and/or too frequently, my pits would get red and raw.

My solution was two-fold: I toned down the per-application amount (from two wet fingers dipped in powder to just the tip of one), and stopped applying every day. I generally only apply every other day, after I lift or sprint. It seems that heavy sweating washes it away, but if I apply the day before just sitting at home or in the office it continues to work well into the next day.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - PHC19 - 07-16-2014

I've been using baking soda for my BO for quite awhile now. Works great, as I tend to be a little funky at times. Not a permanent solution (i.e. funk can come back the same day) but does a good job as an add-on to a shower.

ACV in the pits seems to help things also.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Mr. Butterworth - 09-03-2014

has anyone tried using baking soda on their gym clothes?

I ask because I sweat like fucking Patrick Ewing. I workout right before going to work so they're not being washed right after (air dry).

so say I buy new gym attire. after about a month they develop a musk type of odor that doesn't seem to come out. weak detergent I'm thinking. the smell always seems to have gone away until I start to Patrick Ewing sweat while working out.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Horus - 05-22-2015

I live in a very hot climate, and all my dress shirts developed a BO smell in the underarm area. This developed before I started using baking soda as deodorant of course. Even if they smelt OK after being washed, while I was wearing them during the day, the heat from my body seemed to activate the lingering bacteria. I had to throw away a lot of shirts for that reason.

I looked online and found a recommendation to add baking soda and vinegar to the washing machine. This made a slight improvement, but it was still a problem.

So I tried soaking the underarm area in vinegar, then rubbing in baking soda and letting it stand for a few hours before throwing it in the washing machine. It worked perfectly and I have saved all my shirts. You really have to rub it in vigorously - hold both of the armpits and scrub them together. And it's important to wait for a few hours before washing to let the enzymes or whatever they are do their magic - it didn't work as well when I washed them straight away.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Francis K - 05-22-2015

My little sister does this and when we visited family out of state I forgot my deodorant and used her bowl of thick paste that she calls deodorant. It worked great, still not using it myself yet but it does work I never even bought deodorant that trip. It's not as powerful but it doesn't stain your clothes and of course it isn't harmful in any way.

Hers was baking soda, coconut oil and you can add essential oils for scent but she didn't and I thought it smelled nice with the coconut oil.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Player_1337 - 05-22-2015

Started to substitute daily deodorant for baking soda. Results have been excellent- no odor. Going to be using a shaker bottle going forward.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - roberto - 05-23-2015

Quote: (05-22-2015 04:20 AM)Francis K Wrote:  

My little sister does this and when we visited family out of state I forgot my deodorant and used her bowl of thick paste that she calls deodorant. It worked great, still not using it myself yet but it does work I never even bought deodorant that trip. It's not as powerful but it doesn't stain your clothes and of course it isn't harmful in any way.

Hers was baking soda, coconut oil and you can add essential oils for scent but she didn't and I thought it smelled nice with the coconut oil.

Not a clue why this cat was banned, but that's a boss tip. Will knock some up this evening.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - brob - 04-20-2016

Late to the baking soda party but I'm here to sing it's praises. I've never had an issue with the pits as long as I keep them trimmed (I use a beard trimmer with a 3mm guard) but being a little on the hairy side, I've always had an issue with an offensive funk coming from the crotch region especially after a sweaty night at the bar. The term for this condition down south is affectionately referred to as "swamp ass".

I've had more than a few late night blowjobs come to an end after all of 20 seconds with the girl saying, "I'm sorry - I just can't" while looking like she just caught a whiff of a dead hog.

For years I approached the problem with a little splash of cologne in sensitive areas but the benefit was marginal and the chemicals only functioned in covering up the root smell rather than neutralizing it.

So I was happy to try out newly acquired baking soda wisdom passed on by readers of the red pill. It can be a little harsh on the skin I've noticed so a very small amount is all that is needed. But I was amazed to see all it took was a light dab of the stuff in the usual susceptible areas and like magic you have no odor for about a solid day.

This should be hygiene 101 but surprisingly most people are content to go throughout their lives swamping it up down there.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Kid Twist - 04-21-2016

Quote: (04-20-2016 01:08 PM)brob Wrote:  

Late to the baking soda party but I'm here to sing it's praises. I've never had an issue with the pits as long as I keep them trimmed (I use a beard trimmer with a 3mm guard) but being a little on the hairy side, I've always had an issue with an offensive funk coming from the crotch region especially after a sweaty night at the bar. The term for this condition down south is affectionately referred to as "swamp ass".

I've had more than a few late night blowjobs come to an end after all of 20 seconds with the girl saying, "I'm sorry - I just can't" while looking like she just caught a whiff of a dead hog.

For years I approached the problem with a little splash of cologne in sensitive areas but the benefit was marginal and the chemicals only functioned in covering up the root smell rather than neutralizing it.

So I was happy to try out newly acquired baking soda wisdom passed on by readers of the red pill. It can be a little harsh on the skin I've noticed so a very small amount is all that is needed. But I was amazed to see all it took was a light dab of the stuff in the usual susceptible areas and like magic you have no odor for about a solid day.

This should be hygiene 101 but surprisingly most people are content to go throughout their lives swamping it up down there.

Depending on your underwear too this can be exacerbated. Isn't the key to just excuse yourself to the restrooma and wash the area with soap and water? That is critical.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Gilders - 04-21-2016

I switched to baking soda after I ran out of regular deo. Works like a charm! I apply it with some coconut oil. No irritation at all.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - supersaiyanjesus - 04-29-2016

Great posts, I've experimented/researched a lot, this is what I found:

Corn starch - It's the first ingredient in Lavalin, but yeast and bacteria feed off this. It's why obese people don't use it in between their fat folds and why I haven't tried using it. May just be best for face masks and it's probably fine when mixed with other ingredients. Most guys cut their baking soda with it so that the baking soda doesn't irritate them as much, seems to work out for them.

Baking soda - lots of guys here have used it uncut as a deodorant with good results. I've gotten really bad rashes under my arms from it but I haven't tried mixing it with anything else either.

Unrefined coconut oil - great as lube/massage oil/moisturizer and it's anti-microbial. If you use it as an ingredient in your deodorant it can stain your clothing. If that happens, pre-treat the stain with dishwashing liquid, else it'll probably be permanent.

Milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) - It's the 2nd ingredient in Lavilin. this is what I found to be the best natural deodorant. It's non abrasive and your body absorbs some of the magnesium as an added bonus. You can either buy it in bulk as a powder on amazon or buy it as a liquid. If you buy it as a liquid make sure there aren't additives in it.

Magnesium oil - mix with some essential oils and use it in a spray bottle as deodorant. Some people swear by this stuff. Some people also have an initial reaction but usually it subsides over time. Diluting with witch hazel or water also helps.

Apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered, with the mother) - I swear by this stuff and have been using it on my hair/skin for the past month. On my face it's gotten rid of pimples, minor blemishes, blackheads, made my pores smaller and it doesn't dry out my skin at all, the skin on my face feels healthy as fuck.
I've used this in place of soap and found that it doesn't completely get rid of dead skin, but it's better than regular soap and it goes a long way with getting rid of bodily funk. I scrub my body with it after scrubbing with castile soap. Everything else ACV has done for my face it's also done for my body so I like it. Using it as a rinse has also made my hair soft as fuck.
General guidelines is to dilute to a 1:4 ratio with water in the shower. It smells like ball sweat but letting a bunch of orange peels soak in it for a few days, dumping essential oils and diluting with rosewater will go a long way. The smell also goes away once it dries.
I also dab some under my arms and let that dry before using milk of magnesia and it works perfectly

Fresh lemon juice - if you don't want to use apple cider vinegar, use this

Baking Soda for deodorant? - DJ-Matt - 04-29-2016

I'm using this:

[Image: b501bbff-9512-4998-8c3c-61fab60b0dc3.jpg]

It has some extra stuff like a scent but it seems to be doing okay for me, and it's also $1.99 which is mainly why I bought it.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Thomas the Rhymer - 04-30-2016

Quote:supersaiyanjesus Wrote:

Baking soda - lots of guys here have used it uncut as a deodorant with good results. I've gotten really bad rashes under my arms from it but I haven't tried mixing it with anything else either.

Raw baking soda also eventually gave me a rash in my armpits, and also the powder would flake off, which was annoying and messy. After some experimentation, I have found a mixture that works well without giving me a rash and still keeps me odour free.

This is my current deodorant recipe:

You will need:
Baking Soda
Aqueous cream
An empty container to mix the cream and baking soda in
A tablespoon

Fill the empty container with the Baking Soda with the Aqueous cream, at a ratio of one heaped tablespoon of aqueous to one flat tablespoon of baking soda. Only fill the container about halfway - baking soda reacts with something in the aqueous cream and the cream will slowly expand over about 2 hours, so leave some space in the container. Once the container is half-full, vigorously stir the mixture with the spoon and allow about 2 hours to settle.

Apply by dipping your fingers in the cream and rub the cream into your armpits. Allow the cream to absorb for a few minutes before putting your clothes on, or else the cream will rub into your clothes too. If some of the cream does get on your clothes, don't worry, it washes off easily.

Hope this is useful to someone!

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Herr Lucifer - 07-07-2016

Couldn't help it. Since this is a BAKING SODA thread.

[Image: tumblr_ntlnmoRNsV1r36jjbo1_1280.jpg]

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Kinko - 07-11-2016

I have used baking soda for years now. It takes a while to get used to but it is definately the least expensive and most effective natural deodorant.

First I put water under my arms, then put about one teaspoon of baking soda in each hand. Then powder the hair under the pits. Then wet the pits again with more water for forming a paste. I let it sit for an hour or two, then brush off most of the powder with a towel or brush. Good to go.

Sometimes I apply it as the last thing in the shower. If you wear a dark color tshirt you need to practice how much you apply because the powder will show on the clothing. Practice how to apply it without being messy.

-- I never use commercial roll ons with fragrance anymore

Regular Arm & Hammer is an okay product. The stories about other brands being aluminum-free are basically bogus.

I also use baking soda in place of shampoo. First I use baking soda, and usually add lots of borax powder which is gritty and it cleans the hair and scalp. Borax also works great for cleaning beards and facial hair underneath beards. After scrubbing and washing these ingredients out, sometimes at the end I use a small splash of apple cider vinegar as a final conditioner, then wash it off.

The apple cider vinegar balances the pH of the hair and scalp, but only use a small amount mixed with water, and wash it out afterwards.

Those three ingredients also work fine for cleaning the genital region and the feet.

I do not put soap in my hair unless it is extra dirty or greasy. And the soap I use does not contain any chemicals or colors. I use soap mostly for just my hands.

After you do this for a while the scent of any fragranced deodorants is really obnoxious and unnecessary.

The deodorant industry is just out to make money from us. And some of those chemicals probably disrupt the balance of natural pheromones and musk in our arm pits.

It can irritate the skin around the arm pit but that could mean you applied too much powder, or you left it on too long. You can remove the powder after a half hour. What it is doing is killing the bacteria in your arm pits and the baking soda treatment lasts for 24 hours or more. After a while you can figure out a balance that works best for you.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Ternarydemonite - 07-11-2016

I learned from using baking soda in Rooshv's blog, and have been using it for 3 years now. Side effect is that armpit's hair are an orange tone due to decoloration, but overall all is right.

Baking Soda for deodorant? - Saccade - 11-06-2016

Baking soda has done more for my hair than any shampoos/conditioners have ever done.

I first saw the idea in forum member Samseau's ROK article way back when: http://www.returnofkings.com/10342/take-...-challenge And I saw more and more about it on the forum so I took the plunge.

For me, I use baking soda in place of shampoo/conditioner. Since then, my hair has never felt "dried out." You ever have that look when your hair seems frazzled when it comes out of the shower? With baking soda: no more. My hair has volume and can be styled (with no product) while simultaneously retaining that "flow like gentle waves across a clear lake" as Samseau put it. At the same time, I see serious merit to putting nothing in your hair at all. Some days, I won't use as much baking soda and I have similar results found in one of Roosh's articles: http://www.rooshv.com/why-men-shouldnt-use-shampoo

I'm curious, do you still use baking soda for shampoo, Samseau? And if so, how frequent?

As for baking soda as a deodorant, I've tested it and I can't stay on that train any longer. I used it for ~4 months as a deadorant and it just didn't get the job done. Compared to regular ol' deadorant and antiperspirant, I'd get more pit sweat and smell would start earlier. But it's pretty obvious baking soda works for a lot of people. I'd recommend to just give it a go yourself. See what works for your body.