Roosh V Forum
The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) (/thread-28919.html)

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Pestilence - 03-21-2019

Quote: (03-19-2019 12:56 PM)mugu Wrote:  

Matched with this girl a few weeks ago and she's new to the city. She's bad at texting and often replies late.

Here's a small part of the conversation
Me: I work in <something>
Me: Did you find a cool place to stay
[A week later]
Her: So sorry for the late response. Not good at this.
Her: Thats a cool job.
Her: I haven't found a place yet - but my excuse is i've been out traveling.

How do i respond to this?

Oh that's cool. Do anything interesting?

Also lets meet for a drink before we both lose interest. Lol

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Snag87 - 03-22-2019

Just had this exchange:

Me: I'm so tired

Her: Me too. Hard day

Me (the next morning) Quit thinking about me, I said i was tired. can’t get any sleep when I’m running through your dreams all night. Jerk

Her: LMAO

Me: I understand you’re madly in love with me, but you’re going to have to try to restrain yourself. I recommend that restraining involve handcuffs. In fact I volunteer to help you with that. Don’t worry, mine are fuzzy ones ☺

Her: well this is getting kinky

Me: Maybe I just like the handcuffs. Always have sex on your mind ?

Her: Of cooourse

She blocks me on FB and Instagram a few hours after the exchange. This afternoon she unblocked me.

Any reads? Should I even continue to pursue?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - BlastbeatCasanova - 03-22-2019

Quote: (03-22-2019 05:14 PM)Snag87 Wrote:  

Just had this exchange:

Me: I'm so tired

Her: Me too. Hard day

Me (the next morning) Quit thinking about me, I said i was tired. can’t get any sleep when I’m running through your dreams all night. Jerk

Her: LMAO

Me: I understand you’re madly in love with me, but you’re going to have to try to restrain yourself. I recommend that restraining involve handcuffs. In fact I volunteer to help you with that. Don’t worry, mine are fuzzy ones ☺

Her: well this is getting kinky

Me: Maybe I just like the handcuffs. Always have sex on your mind ?

Her: Of cooourse

She blocks me on FB and Instagram a few hours after the exchange. This afternoon she unblocked me.

Any reads? Should I even continue to pursue?

Looks like you got her hamster going.

Some would say don't acknowledge it, but if it were me I'd say:

"OMG thank u so much for letting me back in ur life, i was totally devastated."

then

"I've got a few spare hours on Thursday, let's grab a some bevs at [bar] at [X] o'clock"

That's just my style, kinda whimsical and out there (better than boring I'd say). Adjust it to work for you. If she doesn't give you anything just next her ass

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Anchor Man - 03-25-2019

It is not what I should text next . It is more like post -text analysis . This chic is from Angola .
After some rambling, I figured she wasn’t much chatty . So I decided to ask her out

-Me: what’s your availability next week so we can hang out ?
-Her: it depends on the work . I’ll let you know .
-Me: Nah never mind then . Maybe some other time .
-Her: Alright

Then she blocked me .
I don’t care much about her . But did I handle “ I’ll tell you know” correctly ?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 03-25-2019

Quote: (03-25-2019 01:36 PM)Anchor Man Wrote:  

It is not what I should text next . It is more like post -text analysis . This chic is from Angola .
After some rambling, I figured she wasn’t much chatty . So I decided to ask her out

Then she blocked me .
I don’t care much about her . But did I handle “ I’ll tell you know” correctly ?

Hard to tell with this context, but you went nuclear instead of just downgrading her and pursuing other women.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Anchor Man - 03-25-2019

Quote: (03-25-2019 02:16 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Then she blocked me .

Hard to tell with this context, but you went nuclear instead of just downgrading her and pursuing other women.

Thanks, man.
1-Then, what do you think how I should reply to "I'll tell you know ". I read somewhere here and at some PUA books, I should withdraw the offer if I got " maybe or I'll tell you know" answer
2- It would be better, if said " Well, I'd like to hang out with you, but if we can't make definite plan then what about another time "

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ksbms - 03-25-2019

Then she blocked me .

Tough to tell with so scant information. So, I'll just nitpick on the exchange itself. Fundamentally, there's nothing seriously wrong but we can always strive to do better. Perhaps being a bit taciturn would work better, no need to add "so we can hang out?". It is implied in the first part of the question. Her reply weren't overly warm but perhaps she worked shifts, hence she didn't know? In any case, she passed the ball to you, informing you she would let you know. A lukewarm lead, lead nonetheless. Your reply at the end was, unfortunately, overreacted. Remember, emotional control is the bedrock of good game and subtleties in message exchanges with tightrope walking leads can make them or break them. What I would do, recognize it was a lukewarm lead by mildly vacuuming and just acknowledging it by a nonchalant "thumbs up" emoticon. Then roll off, and restart a few days later if didn't hear from her again.

Quote: (03-25-2019 05:14 PM)ksbms Wrote:  

Then she blocked me .

Tough to tell with so scant information. So, I'll just nitpick on the exchange itself. Fundamentally, there's nothing seriously wrong but we can always strive to do better. Perhaps being a bit taciturn would work better, no need to add "so we can hang out?". It is implied in the first part of the question. Her reply weren't overly warm but perhaps she worked shifts, hence she didn't know? In any case, she passed the ball to you, informing you she would let you know. A lukewarm lead, lead nonetheless. Your reply at the end was, unfortunately, overreacted. Remember, emotional control is the bedrock of good game and subtleties in message exchanges with tightrope walking leads can make them or break them. What I would do, recognize it was a lukewarm lead by mildly vacuuming and just acknowledging it by a nonchalant "thumbs up" emoticon. Then roll off, and restart a few days later if didn't hear from her again.

Thanks, Ksbms.
I wasn't intended to overreact. My intent was to withdraw the offer. It iwas more like "No I am not going to wait around until you got back to me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWk730HUOTM&t=451s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkAcRQiGhJA&t=332s

I followed those two guys advice.
I am willing to hear your thought though.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 03-25-2019

Quote: (03-25-2019 06:00 PM)Anchor Man Wrote:  

Thanks, Ksbms.
I wasn't intended to overreact. My intent was to withdraw the offer. It iwas more like "No I am not going to wait around until you got back to me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWk730HUOTM&t=451s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkAcRQiGhJA&t=332s

I followed those two guys advice.
I am willing to hear your thought though.

This may be a translation problem as you said the girl was from Angola? Maybe you or her or both don't speak perfect English so something is getting lost in translation, but:

You didn't withdraw the offer. What you said was, "Nah never mind then . Maybe some other time" which regardless of how YOU felt about it, comes across as butt-hurt.

If you wanted to come across as indifferent you'd have responded as ksbms suggested which is a VERY short and very low effort response which acknowledges but doesn't seem overly excited at the possibility of seeing her in the future. In this case he suggested a thumbs up, which is roughly equivalent to an ok.

You could argue that it falls into her frame, but I think it's better to have something fairly difficult to read like that versus something that has the stink of butt-hurt on it.

Your first link is from a relationship coach that is specifically talking about ex-girlfriends, so it doesn't apply really, but even so he says to give a nonchalant answer and then hit her up a week or two into the future.

The second link is from a guy talking about an in-person approach. Was this an in-person approach? I get the feeling that it was an online dating situation or a very weak number close in person. If you had the girl truly interested in you, either you had prior weak text game or you took far too long to get around to asking her out. He also states that you need to weed out girls that are low-interest, which it doesn't seem like you are if you're not pursuing other girls in earnest.

Verdict: Low calibration in this case, from what little you've given us.

Remember, her answer wasn't positive, but it doesn't necessarily mean she was blowing you off, maybe just not sure about her schedule or maybe not sure about you. Reacting by shutting down any possibility wasn't going to result in her being more interested or think of you more highly.

Thank you , guys.
I was looking for this kind of analysis because I was confused. I really appreciate the time you put to write this .

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - BlastbeatCasanova - 03-25-2019

Using questions to prompt a response is good text game strategy, but I would advise to not use the question mark too much. The question mark shifts the tone of the text and just reads weak as fuck in my opinion. I try to save it for option closes, as you'll see below
Disclaimer: I'm not a text game god by any means but I've been told that my text game is pretty sick (by friends I've showed screenshots to and helped with replies)

Which sounds more commanding/aloof/"alpha"?

"so how's your week going?"
-or-
"so how's your week going"

also:
"What’s your availability next week so we can hang out?" (No offense, this is a pretty weak supplicating text IMO)
-or-
"I have a few free nights this week, let's meet up for a cold one. I can do Weds or Thurs, which works better for you?"
-ball is in her court, she'll either answer or ghost you.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Anchor Man - 03-26-2019

When She Texts You "We'll See"
Good strategy
https://www.girlschase.com/content/tacti...u-well-see

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - ksbms - 03-29-2019

Quote: (03-26-2019 09:14 PM)Anchor Man Wrote:  

Good strategy

The guide is decent, it covers the absolute basics and the underlying psychological dynamics going on there. I can't fault it for its defensive strategy. Good for a beginner but if you want to bang 8+ girls, you'll need a significant step up from that.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - matt1996 - 04-07-2019

Been dating a girl for a little while, 4 dates so far, had sex 2 times. She has way more feelings than i do. She's pushing for a relationship while im not sure yet, i enjoy our time, but i don't know if im ready. This morning she slept over and left the house. I told her i wasn't doing anything today, just chilling at home since it's sunday. Later the same day she texts me.

her: "new day, new girl?"
me: "haha you're crazy"
me: "what do you mean"
her: "you know what i mean. who was that girl you were with after we said goodbye"
me: "you're funny. where did you see me?"

i thought she was testing me or some weird shit, so i just teased her.

her: "my friend saw you and told me about it"
me: "i don't remember, was she pretty? if yes then maybe it was me".
her: "it doesn't matter if she was pretty or not"
me: "i've been home all day long, so your friend must have mistaken me for someone else"
her: "yeah whatever, don't try to save it now"

so im actually innocent and she must have seen someone who looked like me, cus i have been home all day long.

i just ignored the message since i can't be arsed to discuss something im not involved in. what's a good response to this? Would it actually be a good chance to do dread game to turn it around and tell her "yeah i was seeing some girl" for her to know she has competition which makes her invest even more?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Tinder Scientist - 04-07-2019

She didn't "see" you anywhere, she is just overly jealous and it's not relationship material.

Despite this if you actually want to keep her interested I would either ignore it or be vague about it.
Confirming it for her could go badly and if you go into the defensive you lose frame. This applies 10x when she is texting you, just ignore it.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 04-08-2019

Quote: (04-07-2019 03:00 PM)matt1996 Wrote:  

i just ignored the message since i can't be arsed to discuss something im not involved in. what's a good response to this? Would it actually be a good chance to do dread game to turn it around and tell her "yeah i was seeing some girl" for her to know she has competition which makes her invest even more?

Actually, you carried on quite a dialogue about something you "can't be arsed to discuss" and I'm not sure why.

Clearly saying you're seeing some girl is not going to help, I'm not sure why you think so. The only thing that could save this is talking to her in person. Tell her something like,

"I don't know who got a hold of your phone but call me when you see this"

Then when she calls and says it's really her then just tell her it's weird that her friend thinks she saw me, you just joked with whoever you thought had her phone and move past it towards meeting up.

Tell her you don't appreciate her behavior and that you are enjoying dating her but if she's going to accuse you of shit you haven't done that you're fine not dating her.

If she asks about exclusivity tell her you're fine the way it is and gotta see how it goes, too early especially with this nonsense happening.

Unlikely to be saved. Next time don't fall into women's frame and text feminine shit like "haha" as the beginning of a response to a serious accusation.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AWright - 04-08-2019

A plate has gone cold on me and I'm 90% sure it was because she read my phone when I was sleeping, when I woke up in the morning she was gone, our phones were right by each other on the night stand, any other time she has stayed over i drive her home, I didn't think much at the time, thought she may have taken an uber but she left her prizes we had won at dave and busters the night before. She hadn't text me in 3 days which is unusual, so I texted her yesterday, no reply, when she woke up before me she must have saw I was out cold and taken a look at my phone which had me talking about other girls among other things. This was 2.5 months ago and then she text me out of the blue a few days ago saying
Hey
I ask her how she has been
She says good and she was sorry for ghosting me
I said its ok

I haven't detected her since then a few days ago but I'd like to bang her again. Whats the best path forward?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - matt1996 - 04-08-2019

she texted me tonight after ignoring her last message. she said

her: angry?
me: no
her: want to come over tomorrow? i have the house for my self
me: maybe. i will think about it
her: something wrong?
me: didn't appreciate the way you acted yesterday
her: what did i do?
me: you know what you did
her: nope

ignored message, then she texts 10 min later
her: you're so cold today
ignored message again, will hit her up tomorrow make her make up for it

i don't know how but it turned in my favor somehow. i appreciate your analysis very much androidocean, but as i said she's too invested in me while im just fucking around so i have the upper hand

but you are right about the "haha" being feminine, i need to stop this asap.

also i might be stupid for double ignoring, she might get offended and hurt, but im willing to take the risk, it will spark some emotions in her for now, make her think

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - coffeedrinker - 04-15-2019

Her: "Hows it going?"

Me: "Writing my report, need some entertainment"

Her: "You are being way too obvious >name<"

Her: "What's the report about?"

She seems to be trying to control the frame and I can't figure a way out. Advice appreciated

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Anchor Man - 04-15-2019

Yes, I am obvious . I have nothing to hide lol ?
Or something along those lines

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - chvrches - 04-20-2019

Guys, what do you usually text girls you've met through night game, on a night out?

Met this group of girls last night, they were celebrating a friends 20 year old birthday. The birthday girl seemed upset/bored. My friend and i went up and opened up the set. 30 min later we're having a blast, dancing with the girls and each one having their girl. When the night ended they told us we were the highlight of their night and they had a lot of fun. We got their numbers before they left. My girl seemed very feminine and was taking my kino very well. We talked for a while and i told her i'd invite her out on a date. She told me she loved swimming so i told her we'd go out swim together. She said let's do it.

How could i open this up? Im trying to invite her out in a few days, but i want to warm her up over text before asking the question. Any advice?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - The Usual Suspect - 04-20-2019

Make some joke about getting your Speedo’s ready for the swim?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Anchor Man - 04-20-2019

Quote: (03-29-2019 08:01 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2019 09:14 PM)Anchor Man Wrote:  

Good strategy

The guide is decent, it covers the absolute basics and the underlying psychological dynamics going on there. I can't fault it for its defensive strategy. Good for a beginner but if you want to bang 8+ girls, you'll need a significant step up from that.

Thanks,
Do you have anything to share with us please ? I like your strategy you are one of few people here who still believes in conversion and not quick nexting at the first sign of trouble

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Snag87 - 04-24-2019

Had a date with a 19 year old scheduled. I'm 31 but claiming to be 26. Unsurprisingly she cancelled

Me: See you at the alley in a few hours. Bring your A game ?

Her:
I'm exhausted... could we do tm instead?

Me: No can do tomorrow I'm giving a presentation in the afternoon for work. If you're tired just come to my suite. We can watch bad movies all night you just have to promise not to touch the liquor cabinet ?

Her: I'm going to have to pass. I'll fall asleep on the way over

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - asianirish1 - 04-25-2019

Quote: (04-20-2019 06:04 AM)chvrches Wrote:  

Guys, what do you usually text girls you've met through night game, on a night out?

Met this group of girls last night, they were celebrating a friends 20 year old birthday. The birthday girl seemed upset/bored. My friend and i went up and opened up the set. 30 min later we're having a blast, dancing with the girls and each one having their girl. When the night ended they told us we were the highlight of their night and they had a lot of fun. We got their numbers before they left. My girl seemed very feminine and was taking my kino very well. We talked for a while and i told her i'd invite her out on a date. She told me she loved swimming so i told her we'd go out swim together. She said let's do it.

How could i open this up? Im trying to invite her out in a few days, but i want to warm her up over text before asking the question. Any advice?
From reading Christian Mc Queen's posts way back in this thread, Come across with a cocky/exciting opener that sparks the interest she had that night.

Quote: (04-24-2019 04:46 PM)Snag87 Wrote:  

Had a date with a 19 year old scheduled. I'm 31 but claiming to be 26. Unsurprisingly she cancelled

Me: See you at the alley in a few hours. Bring your A game ?

Her:
I'm exhausted... could we do tm instead?

Me: No can do tomorrow I'm giving a presentation in the afternoon for work. If you're tired just come to my suite. We can watch bad movies all night you just have to promise not to touch the liquor cabinet ?

Her: I'm going to have to pass. I'll fall asleep on the way over
Not a text game issue, People have feelings. Give it another shot and then fuck it if negative