Roosh V Forum
Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM (/thread-51037.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Thoroughbred - 05-12-2016

The April 9 update:

Hello Kickstarter backers!

(Cassie Jaye with THE RED PILL here)

I have written many different updates over the past few months and each time I could not bring myself to click "publish". Not because anything is wrong, but because so much is still up in the air and I can't give away too many details since they seem to change daily. I want to publish updates when I have definite announcements to make, but right now there are still too many uncertainties.

I'll attempt to give you an idea of what's going on, even if it ends up sounding vague or cryptic:

The Current Status of Post-Production

We have a lot of exciting things happening, along with a healthy dose of setbacks. Nothing to be too concerned about, it's just the reality of filmmaking, especially when there's a fast-approaching deadline.

We are still in the editing stage of post-production. We had some setbacks in February that put us about 2 weeks behind schedule and we're still trying to catch up.

The good news is the edit is coming together better than I could have ever imagined and I'm thrilled with the work our animator and music composer have been producing.

Some Other Exciting Developments

It has been confirmed that a very well-known sound studio in the San Francisco Bay Area will be handling all of the post-production sound design for this film.

We have also started talking to some distributors, which is very exciting, but we are being very cautious.

Regarding the Release Date

We have not announced the release date yet. We're still aiming to release the film this Fall (2016), but the specific release date is yet to be determined. I know some people have seen that "The Red Pill" is listed here on Cinema Village's website (link, now dead) saying that the film will be screening in New York City starting October 7th. We do plan to be screening in NYC starting October 7th, but we may end up having some other screenings before October 7th in different locations. I'm sorry I cannot give out more details now, but it is simply because we are still figuring out the details. I should be able to announce our exact premiere date and various screening locations this Summer.

In Conclusion

My primary concern right now is making sure the film's edit is the best it can possibly be. Once the edit is complete, the film will be handed off for color correction and to the post-sound studio. Lastly, all of the components (picture, sound, music, animation) will be combined to create the final "master" copy of the film. While that's all happening, that's when I will finally be able to fully focus on planning the film's release. Lots to do in a short amount of time.

In an effort to always include a photo in every update, here is what the editing timeline looks like (for all of you tech/film lovers out there)
Here's what the first 45 minutes of the edit looks like:

(Pic of video editing suite with project loaded)
Back to work!

Sincerely,

Cassie Jaye

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Thoroughbred - 05-12-2016

Quote: (05-06-2016 05:07 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

This bitch hasn't posted shit on her Twitter, Website, Facebook, or Red Pill Movie Facebook since she got her money.

She has been working son, you should give it a whirl sometime.

Quote: (05-11-2016 03:06 PM)pharao Wrote:  

I do not understand those who endorsed her. How did she prove to them that the will be honest and pro-men?

She took $ 211,260 ... from men mostly

Because she has a pre established reputation in the film making industry that would be utterly demolished if she took $200k of legitimate backer money and legged it.

I considered it going more out on a limb to back Mike Cernovich's project, which I did.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Conscious Pirate - 05-12-2016

None of that was cryptic. It was all bullshit.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - debeguiled - 05-12-2016

Quote: (05-12-2016 12:43 AM)Thoroughbred Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2016 05:07 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

This bitch hasn't posted shit on her Twitter, Website, Facebook, or Red Pill Movie Facebook since she got her money.

She has been working son, you should give it a whirl sometime.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I was working on getting some information about what happened to this project.

Quote: (05-12-2016 12:20 AM)Thoroughbred Wrote:  

The April 9 update:

Hello Kickstarter backers!

(Cassie Jaye with THE RED PILL here)

I have written many different updates over the past few months and each time I could not bring myself to click "publish". Not because anything is wrong, but because so much is still up in the air and I can't give away too many details since they seem to change daily. I want to publish updates when I have definite announcements to make, but right now there are still too many uncertainties.

I'll attempt to give you an idea of what's going on, even if it ends up sounding vague or cryptic:

The Current Status of Post-Production

We have a lot of exciting things happening, along with a healthy dose of setbacks. Nothing to be too concerned about, it's just the reality of filmmaking, especially when there's a fast-approaching deadline.

We are still in the editing stage of post-production. We had some setbacks in February that put us about 2 weeks behind schedule and we're still trying to catch up.

The good news is the edit is coming together better than I could have ever imagined and I'm thrilled with the work our animator and music composer have been producing.

Some Other Exciting Developments

It has been confirmed that a very well-known sound studio in the San Francisco Bay Area will be handling all of the post-production sound design for this film.

We have also started talking to some distributors, which is very exciting, but we are being very cautious.

Regarding the Release Date

We have not announced the release date yet. We're still aiming to release the film this Fall (2016), but the specific release date is yet to be determined. I know some people have seen that "The Red Pill" is listed here on Cinema Village's website (link, now dead) saying that the film will be screening in New York City starting October 7th. We do plan to be screening in NYC starting October 7th, but we may end up having some other screenings before October 7th in different locations. I'm sorry I cannot give out more details now, but it is simply because we are still figuring out the details. I should be able to announce our exact premiere date and various screening locations this Summer.

In Conclusion

My primary concern right now is making sure the film's edit is the best it can possibly be. Once the edit is complete, the film will be handed off for color correction and to the post-sound studio. Lastly, all of the components (picture, sound, music, animation) will be combined to create the final "master" copy of the film. While that's all happening, that's when I will finally be able to fully focus on planning the film's release. Lots to do in a short amount of time.

In an effort to always include a photo in every update, here is what the editing timeline looks like (for all of you tech/film lovers out there)
Here's what the first 45 minutes of the edit looks like:

(Pic of video editing suite with project loaded)
Back to work!

Sincerely,

Cassie Jaye

And it worked.

[Image: Keaton-smile.gif]

Quote: (05-12-2016 03:20 AM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

None of that was cryptic. It was all bullshit.

What do you mean mate? If there is some evidence of fraud or something, like a well-known sound studio in the San Francisco Bay Area wont be handling post production, or something of that nature, share it, I'll eat my hat.

Without that, you're straight shitposting.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - AnonymousBosch - 05-13-2016

Let's talk about doing the work.

Six months post-production might be considered long for a major effects-heavy Hollywood production, though it is admittedly-extending due to how much of most movies is now computer-based.

Post-production is considered a dying industry, due to the shift to digital and the rise of affordable Non-Linear Editing Systems. A lot of the stylistic effects that are currently in vogue - if I labeled it 'Apple Aspirational' you can probably visualise what I mean - can be largely-automated with that software, rather than requiring painstaking frame-by-frame correction.

I know a few video directors who can pull off professional film clips incredibly-cheaply and quickly-because it's just them working on their laptops. I can get professional quality sound of a second-hand DAW I bought for $450. Why the hell use Skywalker Sound, unless you think Branding makes a product superior?

How much expensive post-production does a simple documentary really need, considering the subject matter has a very-limited audience to begin with, and the usual critical and distribution class who sell these kind of documentaries to inner city cultured cinemas all firmly-side with Feminism? The Proles are highly-unlikely to ever watch this, and Progressives would instantly-dismiss it out of hand, due to their intellectual arrogance. If it's anti-feminist, you can rule out distribution on Netflix. The only afterlife I see this having is being used in academia, which means, it would have to conform to the gender studies narrative.

On top of which, I the cultural relevance of 'Red Pill' has had its day. I've never heard anyone use it day to day life. It already feels dated - 'blue pill' has been already been surpassed by 'cuck' and the media moved onto to Literally Hilterling about Trump and the Alt-Right than blogs and subreddits.

It all more like a quiet salvo in real narrative: the coming struggle between Globalist Progressive Thought and Nationalist Traditional Thought that could make both Feminists and MRA's irrelevant.

Assuming she makes the October release date, she'll be just in time to be ignored due to the election, when far more important discussions of exactly what kind of future the west is going to have will be playing out in the cultural sphere.

If you're trying to profit from the Zeitgeist, you need to move fast.

Look, part of shilling for backer funding is hype. This goes back decades: you never, ever ask for what the product will actually cost. You inflate the budget so the distributor / record company who wants to buy it doesn't then give you the exact same budget to make another other.

Kickstarter is the same old game. I heard an album recently a chick had funded for $100,000 via Kickstarter. It was mostly-acoustic. There was nothing there that couldn't have been done in her bedroom with a DAW. I'm figuring she paid her house off. More power to her. Kickstarter are never going to investigate if it threatens their cut - they're Hipster Millennials. They're living hand to mouth.

So, when I see this film costing $210,000... well, being blunt, with the money she received I could either take forty-two fully-digital albums from initial tracking, through vocal recording and live string and brass overdubs, to mixed to completion and mastered.

Hell, I could also fully-fund sixteen albums with a thousand vinyl copies.

Just food for thought.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - debeguiled - 05-13-2016

Quote: (05-13-2016 12:20 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Let's talk about doing the work

I know a few video directors who can pull off professional film clips incredibly-cheaply and quickly-because it's just them working on their laptops. I can get professional quality sound of a second-hand DAW I bought for $450. Why the hell use Skywalker Sound, unless you think Branding makes a product superior?

Even before this Kickstarter, on earlier films, she was using Skywalker Sound (As I posted in the Private Lounge):

[Image: 1787884_16.jpeg]

http://celebrityimages.org/celebrity/1787884/1463077

I had this initial reaction as well. You live in the San Francisco Bay Area and you can't find a competent studio there that is cheaper? It has to be Skywalker Ranch or nothing?

I would be happy as anyone if this film comes out and gives even a fair hearing for men's issues, and yet at the same time, her look, and her way of talking, and where she lives just makes me very skeptical and sets alarm bells ringing, even when she is saying all the right things.

She lives in Marin County for God's sake. Of course it must be at Georgie Lucas's place, darling. Take the 101 to the Lucas Valley Road exit, you can be there in twenty minutes.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - eatthishomie - 05-13-2016

Quote: (05-13-2016 12:20 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Let's talk about doing the work.
Post-production is considered a dying industry, due to the shift to digital and the rise of affordable Non-Linear Editing Systems. A lot of the stylistic effects that are currently in vogue - if I labeled it 'Apple Aspirational' you can probably visualise what I mean - can be largely-automated with that software, rather than requiring painstaking frame-by-frame correction.

Gotta disagree here. Post-production is certainly in trouble as an industry, but this is definitely not due to the democratization of software and hardware. Maybe I'm hamstering a bit because I work in post-production myself, but all the movies and TV people watch still need to be made, and standards of quality both artistic and technical (broadcast TV stations and cable channels have very exacting technical standards) have to be adhered to past the "guy making Youtube videos in his living room" level. Maybe the software and hardware is less expensive and more available, but the talent, creativity, work ethic, and technical skill required to create compelling video content doesn't necessarily come with it; that's more often than not acquired through years of exposure and experience. Microsoft Word and TextEdit are both inexpensive and easy to acquire, but if the person using this software is a shit writer, then all he or she will produce with it is shit writing that no one will pay attention to. Likewise, what you will get out of software like Avid Media Composer, Pro Tools, or Adobe Creative Cloud depends on the person who is using it. When you buy the services of a post-production facility, what you are really buying is the services of experienced and knowledgeable people who have been editing video, mixing audio, color correcting footage, etc for years or even decades, as well as the infrastructure that allows work to get done expeditiously. They can do a better job in a shorter amount of time than your friend's cousin's nephew or whoever. The cream will rise to the top in post-production, as in all creative industries.

The reason Cassie is using Skywalker Sound is because they have been mixing audio for decades and have the experience and know-how to do an outstanding audio mix in a short amount of time.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - AnonymousBosch - 05-13-2016

^ Nah, fair enough mate. What I prefer about working with men is the experimental nature of creativity, where, you knuckle down and figure out how to add production value through ingenuity. Where you get to the end and you've got something that looks like it cost a million dollars, and you threw it together with sweat and bullshit, rather than involving an outside organisation.

I stand by my point: Skywalker Sound strikes me as a ridiculous luxury for a documentary with limited appeal that no-one bought the distribution rights to. (Remember, she claimed to have no money to finish post-production and turned to Kickstarter, which is past the point where you'd normally seek Producer, Buyer or Distributor investment to see it to completion. This suggests to me that no-one thought it was a marketable product, most likely due to even the hint of a balanced view on the subject matter means the majority of the Progressive Distribution System wouldn't dare touch it).

Who is this movie really for? MRA's have repeatedly-shown what they think of forum members, aren't remotely-trustworthy, and the idea of hearing uncharismatic 'off' wankers like Dean Esmay and Paul Elam hashing out their victimhood issues with the same old feminist counterarguments isn't about to put my bum on a seat.

I just don't understand what people are expecting to happen out of this.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - eatthishomie - 05-14-2016

Fair enough, and that's a big part of post-production even on a professional level. Not every project has the luxury of scripts and producers. I've edited trailers with no script, where I just got some finished episodes and had to construct a "story" if you will by just sitting down, watching these episodes, and picking out good sound bites myself. I've also added my own cool touches to videos with a script that I have worked on.

Skywalker Sound is a bit overkill for what she is doing, I'll concede that. A facility like Henninger Media in DC or Bang Audio in NY still has the experience, know-how, and infrastructure that I was talking about in my other post, and would be less expensive due to not having the Skywalker name. I can definitely understand her wanting to go to professionals though. One other point I didn't even touch on is that someone who mixes audio for a living would have the ability and the inclination to get an audio mix turned around quickly, whereas her brother's sister's cousin's friend with the $200 DAW is gonna take his sweet-ass time because he's exhausted from his real job and only has so much time to put into a side hustle.

This documentary does have a limited appeal, but it is a significant niche. Not only are red pill men and MRAs gonna check it out, but feminists are gonna hate-watch it also (you know they will). I am wary of its direction (what does AVFM, Dean Esmay, and Paul Elam have to do with TRP anyway), but it does have an audience.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - samsamsam - 05-14-2016

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Thoroughbred - 05-23-2016

I was going to put my layman's two cents on the table from having a close friend at the business end of a Film and Television degree from a highly rated Melbourne provider of such things.

eatthishomie has laid it out far better.

I would only further add that the industry is about appearances as much as any other. And to get the right doors open, you need the right names on the credits, whether it's overkill for the project or not.

This ain't her first rodeo, it's clearly a game she wants to stay in and doesn't want to waste her time and rep by putting her name on sub par work. Get it done, and get it done right all the way. I think that is an ethic we can understand.

As for the financials, well, I know people running crowdfund campaigns for little grad project doco's. On which they break the costs down pretty clear. If I pro rata that out to a project of this size and scale, seems about right to me.

Quote: (05-13-2016 10:09 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Who is this movie really for?

Yeah AB I see what you're saying, I really do. I see it as a continuum, as a progression of the conversation, rather than a stand alone, all defining, chronicle of the movement.

When something like this lands done with this level of professionalism, it means it can: Be inserted into morning television conversations, it can be shown in universities and referenced in talks and it can have mainstream hit pieces done on it. It will hit the fringe of the mainstream, even if just for a second. It loves running a piece on controversy.

It will inject a little insurrection into the current narrative. It might be small, but it will be felt. Allowing the next contributor to talk things a little further.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - budoslavic - 09-20-2016

Just found out it will be playing at the Cinema Village in NYC.

[Image: CpsgePZVMAAk6sh.jpg:small]

Feminists and SJWs will flip their shit when they hear about this.
[Image: popcorn5.gif]

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - bacan - 09-21-2016

I went to the site and one option to see it outside of NYC and LA is screening it in a theater with this Tugg program.

Could there be enough interest to screen it in DC?

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - debeguiled - 09-21-2016

@budoslavic

I wouldn't break out the popcorn till someone actually sees the movie.

There are so many ways she can throw men under the bus, and the most likely one will be trashing men by appealing to the fairness of hearing both sides.

I remember in an interview I heard with her, when she was asked which of her subjects she liked the best, she said it was this one:

[Image: Feminist%2Bglasses%2Bsimulator%2Bbig2%2B...801940.jpg]

Maybe the movie will be great, I am not saying it won't. I am just saying wait and see.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - budoslavic - 09-21-2016

Quote: (09-21-2016 12:14 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

@budoslavic

I wouldn't break out the popcorn till someone actually sees the movie.

There are so many ways she can throw men under the bus, and the most likely one will be trashing men by appealing to the fairness of hearing both sides.

I remember in an interview I heard with her, when she was asked which of her subjects she liked the best, she said it was this one:

Maybe the movie will be great, I am not saying it won't. I am just saying wait and see.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I brought out the popcorn and chair to watch out for some crazy feminists and/or SJWs because they (protesters) will show up to disrupt the screening.

As for the movie itself, I have no interest nor desire in checking it out until the reviews come out first. Prefer this than watching a movie [Image: icon_lol.gif].

[Image: CrwegbsWgAAz9O_.jpg:small]

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - LionHound - 09-22-2016

Yeah...hope it's not just more bashing . Nothing to add really...just wanted an excuse to post this hilarious gif.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Undercover - 09-23-2016

I can't wait to see this. Always a joy to see woman wake up to the facts.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - AManLikePutin - 10-09-2016

Has anyone from the forum gone to watch this in NYC ?

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - getdownonit - 10-09-2016

Saw it yesterday with NYC crew.

Worth watching, definitely a fair take by a former feminist and favorable to MRAs. I learned a little from it, most of it was familiar to me though I'm not into the mra scene. They have some very legitimate arguments but their appearance and attitudes at times make them unsympathetic. Men allowed feminism to grow, women are always gonna shit test and push men's boundaries it's up to Men to think with their big head and keep things in check.

Definitely favorable to our side of the culture war

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Laner - 11-01-2016

I was just offered free tickets to see this.

Thanks for the review, I will check it out.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - Thersites - 11-01-2016

Here Rubin Report Interview with Cassie Jaye.

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - The Catalyst - 11-01-2016

Why's it called The Red Pill when it says it's about the Men's Rights Movement?

Feminist Filmmaker (ha) Starts Kickstarter For Documentary on MRM - spydersuit - 11-01-2016

Quote: (10-13-2015 12:48 PM)Game_Started Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2015 12:46 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

I always see this redhead in threads and on other websites but I am not really aware of her past. Who is she and what made her into such a thundercunt?

Know Your Meme

Geeze... She is awful. Could you imagine waking up to that every day?