Roosh V Forum
Cambodia - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Cambodia (/thread-2062.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cambodia - Gringo - 07-21-2011

Quote:Quote:

To start with, I'm not even sure about it. Do you have any evidence which would support this claim, or you're just guessing?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=more+pe...hAeaw5X6CQ

Not true. Check Wilipedia, most Schedule I drugs were legal at some point of time, and were even sold in stores. Heroin and cocaine, for example, did. The main reason they became "illegal" (in fact just put to Schedule I) is because of having the high potential of abuse while having no legitimate medical use.

Yes I know heroin etc was used in over the counter medicines and they did have legitimate use hence why they were used for years. Pure heroin is in fact relatively benign, you could injetc it into a new born baby or an old age pensioner and it wouldn't kill them. The fact that drug dealers can adulterate it is what causes most problems to health, the fact it's illegal and expensive is why it causes so much crime. Legalise it and we would eradicate these problems.

People have been developing the physical addiction for opiates because of their pharmacodynamics, not because they were illegal.

People can get addicted to anything, that's not the point. Things shouldn't be illegal because certain people can't control their urges.

Cambodia - oldnemesis - 07-22-2011

Quote: (07-21-2011 12:17 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=more+pe...hAeaw5X6CQ

I do know Google exists. Thing is, I'm an oldtimer and believe that if someone makes a statement, it is his responsibility to provide evidence to support his claim. Asking an opponent to search for the evidence himself is kind of disrespect.

Yes I know heroin etc was used in over the counter medicines and they did have legitimate use hence why they were used for years. Pure heroin is in fact relatively benign, you could injetc it into a new born baby or an old age pensioner and it wouldn't kill them.

I don't understand your argument. As I said in previous post, the reason those drugs are restricted is because of high potential of abuse with no legitimate medical purpose. Are you saying there is no dependency on heroin? This would be a joke.

The fact that drug dealers can adulterate it is what causes most problems to health, the fact it's illegal and expensive is why it causes so much crime. Legalise it and we would eradicate these problems.

You will not eradicate the dependency problem. Somehow you avoid the explanation WHY it became illegal.

People can get addicted to anything, that's not the point.

This IS the point. Some addictions are more dangerous than others - for example, some drugs develop physical dependency, which is much more dangerous than psychological one. AFAIR the criteria for restricting the drug - from making it a prescription one to making it Schedule I - is the easiness to develop the dependency, and the inability of a person to recognize it and get rid of it on their own.

Things shouldn't be illegal because certain people can't control their urges.

In a perfect world I'd agree with this statement. But we do not live in a perfect world.

Cambodia - Gringo - 07-22-2011

I do know Google exists. Thing is, I'm an oldtimer and believe that if someone makes a statement, it is his responsibility to provide evidence to support his claim. Asking an opponent to search for the evidence himself is kind of disrespect.

I linked you too pages and pages of evidence.

I don't understand your argument. As I said in previous post, the reason those drugs are restricted is because of high potential of abuse with no legitimate medical purpose. Are you saying there is no dependency on heroin? This would be a joke.

Alcohol has the highest addiction rate of all drugs, why isn't it banned?
Of course people get dependent on heroin but it wouldn't so much of a problem is heroin was legal.

You will not eradicate the dependency problem. Somehow you avoid the explanation WHY it became illegal.

Because the Government are hypocrites?

In a perfect world I'd agree with this statement. But we do not live in a perfect world.

Still I'd rather WE decided than the Government telling us what to do.

Cambodia - oldnemesis - 07-23-2011

Quote: (07-22-2011 03:46 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

I linked you too pages and pages of evidence.

No, you didn't. What you have proven with this link is that there are web pages on the Internet which have those words in them. Here's another example of "evidence", similar to what you provided:

Americans never landed on the moon (over 6 million hits)
Bush did 9/11 (over 30 million hits)
Majority of straight men have gay sex (over 4 million hits)

Now, comparing to miniscule 56,000 hits from your query, those three must be much, much more true than yours, right?
I hope you got the idea now.

Alcohol has the highest addiction rate of all drugs, why isn't it banned?

The "highest addiction rate" in your statement is incorrect information (see second image from the top). In future please provide evidence when you make such statements, as I'm drifting to an opinion that you didn't really do his own research, and just making empty baseless claims.

Now why it isn't banned - because of historical reasons. A lot of countries tried to ban it, and all of them failed. There are several reasons why the alcohol ban did not work, and in my opinion the main one is that making alcohol at home is a very easy process. I did it myself in past. It could be done using very simple setup, and by using such common ingredients as sugar and water. Sugar restrictions doesn't work too (they tried it in Soviet Union during the brief introduction of dryish law there) - basically anything with sugar could be used. You can make alcohol from candy, most fruits, jams, honey... so it cannot be stopped. Restricting the ingredients for the Schedule I drugs, however, is much easier (comparing to alcohol).

Of course people get dependent on heroin but it wouldn't so much of a problem is heroin was legal.

Maybe, but I don't think so. Since you again didn't quote any evidence, I'm considering it that you just think it was the case, but you really don't know about it.

Because the Government are hypocrites?

Government is us. It wasn't installed by Martians, it is people like you and me. The US government, for example, is very hypocritical because the majority of US population is extremely hypocritical. It is a classic example of how the government fairly represents the population.

Still I'd rather WE decided than the Government telling us what to do.

Again, WE are the government. And it does the fine job of representing the will of the people. Just last year here in California we had a statewide ballot, called Proposition 19.. Basically it would legalize the marijuana (and just it) on state level. Now it was a direct vote of the people - no government involved. And - to your surprise - it failed. To your even greater surprise, it failed because all the conservative countries - those full of "keep the government out of our lives" types - voted "no". So this is the will of people. Shows also a good example of American hypocrisy.

Cambodia - truedat - 07-23-2011

You guys are ruining this thread. Its supposed to be about Cambodian partying and pussy. Please start a say no to drugs thread to talk about this shit.

Cambodia - Zen - 07-24-2011

Quote: (07-08-2011 08:15 AM)CrackerJack Wrote:  

To me its the overall package. Bangkok is great and for most it's probably better than Jakarta, but to me Jakarta rocks. Lots of clubs are open late (4-5am), one is even open 24 hours through the weekend (Stadium) where you can also buy E tabs from a waiter. If you're caught with drugs or other illegals, cops are bribeble for much less than Thailand. You can smoke almost anywhere. Middle and upper class women are foreigner friendly with no stigma attached. I like the look of Javanese women, which can often have a bit of latina look. Cops are not as predatory like in Thailand.

The major negative for me would be traffic. It's much easier to bar hop in Bangkok due to it's train system and localized bars/clubs areas. In Jakarta everything seems to be scattered all over, with crappy public transport. Taxis are very cheap but be prepared to loose a lot of time sitting in traffic.

I found it hard to get good ganja in Jakarta however - would you be interested in hooking a brotha up next time you're there?

Cambodia - Brownsugae - 04-15-2016

Well i have been here in Phnom Pehn for almost 3 weeks when people say they sleep with these girls without paying it is not true provided you find this girls in a Bar, they are obviously pro or freelance, so you can pull a local girl but not from the disco or bar. If you resist to pay well here in Cambodia Law does not protect you. So the last thing you want if getting beat up by her pimp.

Cambodia - IncalcitrantMorass - 03-15-2017

Bump.

I have lived in Cambodia for a year, and have a Cambodian Fiance. Please feel free to shoot me your questions, either on here (preferable) or in private. (p.s. I am not a monger)

Cambodia - scotian - 03-15-2017

Welcome to RVF we look forward to your contributions on Cambodia!

Cambodia - TravelerKai - 03-15-2017

If you look at all 6 of his posts, it reads like the nerdiest stuff I have read in a long time. Maybe it's just that he is Canadian. He seems nervous because he has mentioned p4p/mongering, in a disclaimer in 2 out of his first 6 threads. Kinda funny, but he should be a bit more careful than this.

Maybe he just really loves Cambodia and doesn't know what he should post.

Interesting observation. Nerdiest stuff you have read in a long time, well, uh, thank-you. And why perhaps? Oh yes, he's Canadian, haha.

I'm new here so perhaps will need to acclimate to this forum culture a bit.

I said I am not a mongerer after inviting questions, simply to say that I wouldn't be able to answer much about that.

I m not nervous at all, and what should I be careful about exactly?

Curious your signature quote in light of your criticism.

Cambodia - TravelerKai - 03-15-2017

Quote: (03-15-2017 04:41 PM)IncalcitrantMorass Wrote:  

Interesting observation. Nerdiest stuff you have read in a long time, well, uh, thank-you. And why perhaps? Oh yes, he's Canadian, haha.

I'm new here so perhaps will need to acclimate to this forum culture a bit.

I said I am not a mongerer after inviting questions, simply to say that I wouldn't be able to answer much about that.

I m not nervous at all, and what should I be careful about exactly?

Curious your signature quote in light of your criticism.

Shoo leaf! Do not make me turn this leafblower on.

[Image: cee.png]

In all seriousness, you need to lurk the forum for a while longer, to learn how it works, or stay in the newbie game section. You write like some kind of tryhard Carlton Banks or a robot. Resurrecting lots of threads adding nothing of value is not going to help you last long here. Don't take yourself too seriously. You are not the only person that has done anything anywhere, no one else has not already done here before.

Also, what's with that username? You trying to troll the forum? Good luck with that, if that is the case.

Its always nice to identify the assholes right off the bat. Thanks for that you smug prick!

Cambodia - debeguiled - 03-15-2017

At least I learned what incalcitrant means.

Cambodia - scotian - 03-15-2017

Quote: (03-15-2017 06:04 PM)IncalcitrantMorass Wrote:  

Its always nice to identify the assholes right off the bat. Thanks for that you smug prick!

Are you from Toronto by any chance?

Cambodia - Mentavious - 03-26-2017

In Siem Reap now for a few days if anyone is around

Cambodia - Travel Museums - 03-26-2017

I posted a bunch of info on the Phnom Penh thread a few months ago since it was more active and had more info. Lots about Siem Reap. Got laid there several times but also typical frustrations with pros and trashy Cambodian women.

Cambodia - Kamaki4 - 03-27-2017

Quote: (03-26-2017 08:48 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

In Siem Reap now for a few days if anyone is around

I'm in Phnom Penh if you plan on coming here. Didn't have a good impression on my first visit in Dec, but like a lot of cities in the developing world, need to spend some time on the ground before formulating an opinion. Wife is working here and have been in PP for 1 1/2 months now and there is a lot to like and do in PP in particular and Cambodia in general.

Cambodia - Tail Gunner - 09-18-2017

Great development. Cambodia has begun construction of an airport rail link to the country’s capital, Phnom Penh, so that visitors can avoid traffic jams and avoid missing flights. It is always a positive sign when countries engage in such common sense improvements and ignore monopolies, such as cab companies. It is scheduled for completion in April of 2018.

Cambodia begins construction of airport rail link

Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Cambodia has begun construction of an airport rail link in the country’s capital Phnom Penh. Construction of the railway began six weeks ago, John Guiry, CEO of Royal Railway, said.

The cost of the project is confidential but Mr Guiry has said that the budget has come from a ‘current maintenance budget’. He expects the project to be complete by April of next year.

Transport minister Sun Chanthol said, ‘This project will reduce traffic jams leading to the Phnom Penh airport and prevent people from being late to catch their flights. Thus far, 250 metres of the rail track has already been constructed by the country’s railroad company, Royal Railway.’

‘Four $1 million to $2 million trains purchased by the company from Mexico will run along the route. During the first month of operation, rides will be free of charge’ he added.

August 9th, 2017

https://www.railprofessional.com/news/ca...-rail-link

Cambodia - Beyond Borders - 09-18-2017

I don't do drugs, and I love Cambodia. Lived there a few years and have taken several short trips back. I'm thinking of going back this winter for a longer stay.

EDIT: Just realized how old this thread was. Stoked to hear about the Airport Rail in the works.

Cambodia - Travel Museums - 09-18-2017

My advice on Cambodia is fly into Siem Reap. DO NOT fly into PP. It's a depressing city and bad first impression of the country. The major attraction is the killing fields and death prison. The best club is 99% prostitutes. SR makes for a much nicer first impression.

In Siem Reap you have the ruins of the Angkor empire that once had a huge swath of SEA under their rule. It's a UNESCO heritage site. On the fun side the pub street is ridiculously easy for pulling. Everyone gets drunk and parties. The quality isn't usually so great. But on Friday nights a lot of girls from SG, HK, etc. fly in for the weekend and go out. I was there for 3 Saturday nights and they all sucked. Why? The girls were already exhausted from Friday and stay in. A lot want to catch the sunrise at Angkor before they fly home.

Same rule applies to Laos. Fly into Luang Prabang. The entire city is UNESCO World Heritage. It's got a decent party scene, but not great. Vientiane is depressing for nightlife with one bar and one club. There used to be a good party scene in Vang Vieng between the two but that ended in 2011 when they cracked down on drugs and bars on the river. It's so weak now I'd say bring a girl with you unless you don't mind ugly backpackers.

Both cities are worth 3 days max for the average tourist. If you're intrepid like me maybe a week max.

Cambodia has some gems like Kampot on the coast. My favorite piece of Laos the motorbike loop on the Boliven Plateau.

Keep in mind the history. You were probably taught in school about the horror of the Khmer Rouge setting shit back to the stone age. But it only lasted 1974/5-79, right? Wrong. Those fuckers held onto the UN seat until the 1990s. Many parts of the north still had them until 2000s.

Who cares? The result is every chick you meet will have had complete turmoil in her extended family (parents or grandparents). In a poor country already low on opportunity this is going to effect her past and life decisions. Expect to be viewed as an ATM. They're not assholes about it but it's there. Then you'll get some average looking girl going out of her way to be nice and buy you food to prove shes NOT a whore. And it still breaks your heart to witness.

It doesn't help that the first industry to pop up with the UN coming to PP in 1990s was sex shacks for the middle age NGO workers to have (often underage) fucks for $2-3. Ask any expat over 50 who was there at the time. They'll tell you all about it. They don't even hide it. It's "normal" there.

The US bombed the shit out of Laos during the Vietnam war. Theres still unexploded ordinance injury people (mostly kids) everyday. The people are remarkably not at all bitter towards foreigners because of this. They did "win" the war after all. The country is still mostly agricultural and communist. Not much opportunity. See how this effects the past and personality of any girl above average looks. It's quite sad.

If it sounds like I'm down on these countries I'm not. I had some great experiences in both. You just need to manage your expectations. Getting a good first impression will go a long way too.

Cambodia - Beyond Borders - 09-19-2017

^ Claims Vientiane only has one club ..... Claims the best club in PP is one of the prostitute clubs....And then goes on to say these cities are worth a three day visit - so everyone can walk away just as clueless as you, is that it?

Typical Travel Museums post. The 3-day city expert. Do you even go to these places or are you generating your feedback based on wikitravel?

I've lived in Vientiane months at a time, with locals. I lived in Cambodia for three years, mostly in PP. There is a lot more than the one club in Vientiane, if you leave the tourist scene behind. And there's a lot more to PP than the prostitute clubs, if you leave the tourist scene behind.

Granted, these cities aren't for everybody, sure, and probably not for most guys on this forum. I'll give you that. Laos and Cambodia would be much better places to find wives than run through chicks (though Cambo certainly isn't a horrible place to do it). But how about let them decide for themselves by providing accurate info or keeping your mouth shut if you don't have it.

Nobody expects you to get it right in your short stays, but if you're not going to get your facts straight first, stop talking like an authority on the matter. All you're doing is creating misinformation on the forum for guys who can actually handle these places and are interested to see past what the 3-day tourist (or "intrepid" one week traveler) sees.

And there's enough misinformation out there about these places already.

And this:

It doesn't help that the first industry to pop up with the UN coming to PP in 1990s was sex shacks for the middle age NGO workers to have (often underage) fucks for $2-3. Ask any expat over 50 who was there at the time. They'll tell you all about it. They don't even hide it. It's "normal" there.

Were you sitting on a barstool down by Riverside when you heard this story or did you read it on thaivisa.com? Give me a break. Do things like this happen out there? Sure. But it's ridiculous to paint this picture of NGOs lined up down the street to fuck underage girls like it was the in thing, and this is the exact type of BS you get from these old fat foreigner guys if you are foolish or drunk enough to hang around and lend them your ear long enough.

We've all heard it but most of us are old enough to know when to take what a bunch of aging degenerates rant at us with a grain or two of salt. Because they're old drunk men wasting away in a bar - telling big fish stories and spreading petty gossip is what they do in any part of the world.

I've said it before that I actually like reading your debaucherous stories sometimes and I've been there myself, but you've been called out on your nonsense, error-ridden data plenty of times in the past yet you still continue to throw out your 3-day trip reports like they mean anything. You've obviously done a great deal of traveling, but due to the short term nature of your stay in each place, you should really be asking questions about these cities instead of trying to answer them.

Cambodia - Kamaki4 - 09-19-2017

Usually in SEA we talk about bitter old men who have been played by a bargirl/pro, but Travel Museums is the perfect example of a bitter young guy who has been played by a Laotian pro.

As for PP, spent two months in March and April while my wife was stationed there. City was developing fast, many great restaurants and chill bars to hang out. Many expats making real money working and operating businesses in PP and with all the development, rents had decreased over what they were 8 months before as well.

Cambodia - Travel Museums - 09-19-2017

PP had an expensive new Thai style club when I was there. It was rich kid groups at their own tables and booths. No one dancing.

There were a few other clubs but the only one with a crowd and decent girls was the hooker one. I met girls there who weren't pros but it's mostly pros.

The only real club I found in Vientiane was At Home and maybe Win West. The only real bar was Bor Penyang. There were a few others in that area but they were always empty or just a few of the older expat crowd. There are the hostel bars and some smaller local places.

If you have better and more recent information feel free to post it. Without bitter attacks yourself.

What's the actual name of these clubs and bars? Where are they specifically?

Cambodia - DMario - 09-19-2017

Pontoon is no where near the best club in the city. See my post I put in the Phnom Penh Datasheet page.
Take it with a grain of salt, due to it being two years of age. But all these places are still operational and a fuck ton better than Pontoon of Heart of Darkness.

thread-38213...pid1100566