Roosh V Forum
Tinder App - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Tinder App (/thread-19115.html)

Tinder App - Mister X - 01-11-2015

Deleted my profile and realized I had another account that was attached to my number, so I deleted that and now when I make a new account it allows me to enter my number without giving me an error message.

Now though, when I make a new profile, I get 2-3 matches in an hour, then never get another match again. It's usually 3 real girls, 1 bot, then it freezes me out and I never match again.

Sadly, that's a step up from what I've had the past two months, which was 0 matches period. I guess now what I'll do is get 3-4 matches, number close, delete my profile, and start the whole process over again. Just match 3-4 girls, delete, and repeat. Annoying but better than nothing.

Something similar has happened before, and I quit Tinder for about 3-4 weeks. Then came back with a new profile and had a ton of success match wise. But I really don't want to go that long without using this thing.

Tinder App - The_CEO - 01-11-2015

How far are you city based guys setting the distance thing?
I've been adjusting between 5 and 10 mi?

Tinder App - Mister X - 01-11-2015

Quote: (01-11-2015 02:06 AM)The_CEO Wrote:  

When I'm in the city I start with 2 miles, when I exhaust that, 5, then 7, then 10.

I've heard some stories where dudes have matched with girls like 40 miles away and both parties agreed to meet somewhere halfway or something. I wouldn't mind doing that if I was really digging the girl and that would open my options quite a lot. Just wondering how many women are actually down for that. Seems it's hard enough getting a girl within 15 miles to not flake. What do you have to lose though.

Tinder App - kaotic - 01-11-2015

Quote: (01-11-2015 02:34 AM)Mister X Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2015 02:06 AM)The_CEO Wrote:  

When I'm in the city I start with 2 miles, when I exhaust that, 5, then 7, then 10.

I've heard some stories where dudes have matched with girls like 40 miles away and both parties agreed to meet somewhere halfway or something. I wouldn't mind doing that if I was really digging the girl and that would open my options quite a lot. Just wondering how many women are actually down for that. Seems it's hard enough getting a girl within 15 miles to not flake. What do you have to lose though.

Depends on where you are: City, Suburb, Boonies, Metropolitan

I'm in the suburbs where I live, so 10-15 miles.

Around work: 5-7 miles

Tinder App - Moma - 01-13-2015

Zero matches with muscle pics.

Tinder App - bigbait - 01-13-2015

Quote: (01-13-2015 04:35 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Zero matches with muscle pics.

Wow, that is surprising.
I don't do muscle pics but I have been thinking about it so I am curious.
From what I have heard low body fat is generally more important in muscle pics than size.
I think there are different categories of muscle pics.
1) Black and white arty/sexy muscle pics - i have heard these work the best
2) Post workout selfies that have the plausible explanation that you are proud of your dedication to health - i have heard these can work if they have almost a yoga vibe
3) Shirtless at the beach - these can seem really douchey, not that there is anything wrong with that

Then there is the variant where the face is cropped out - i think this often works well because there is something about it that seems less vain, as if you don't want anyone to know that it is you showing off

Tinder App - Foolsgo1d - 01-14-2015

For muscles to work for you you need to have certain bases covered.

- For a body shot; Do not show all of your face, only the lower jawline and your mouth. if you need to show off your mug you need to face away from the camera.

This is not what you want

[Image: tumblr_n7hq205q6M1qlx9tso1_500.jpg]

[Image: sexy-shirtless-men-15.jpg]

It is too tryhard and "look at me". It doesn't play to a woman's psyche. Remember men will want to see tits and ass on show. Women know what 50 shades of grey is about but the covers of their books do not have hung guys with 6 pack abs on the cover.

Now take a look at this picture. One is cropped the other isn't but he is facing away from the camera.

[Image: tattoo.jpg]

[Image: zthp5l.png]

Differences are subtle but they appeal to women and seem less desperate.

But I like to do things differently from here. The picture below is an example of aloofness but captures what you want to show off.

[Image: c6ecf267016826bd75c16a01118b305b.jpg]

Lets crop it in a subtle way.

[Image: 52cal3.jpg]

All you need is a good angle and height for your camera with a timer. A white background and some lights that are neither to dark nor too harsh.

Tinder App - Lizard King - 01-15-2015

Great text game, and interesting experiment from speakeasy here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19115-...#pid696070

Even though he experiments with a fake profile, it is worth reading to see how far you can actually push an interaction.

More great text game from Youngblood: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19115-...#pid724695

Tinder App - Slacker101 - 01-15-2015

I could use some serious tinder help from someone that is a bit more experienced. What I had setup was working in the City, particularly where I went to school. I've since graduated though and moved on. The school is nerdier and has a reputation for intelligent students, and they back it up. I noticed right away that my profile seemed to be angled to appeal to them. As a result I hardly matched with anyone other than students there. I got used to it working and thus didn't really try anything else. So I'm not really sure how to fix it. I'm rather skinny, working on muscles, so there isn't really a shirtless or pic like that I can do. I'm 6'5'' 180 with a longer wingspan than height, as a result I look much skinnier than I am, trying to get proportional. To the point to where I've had people remark that I look skinnier than a buddy of mine that is 20 pounds lighter (but the same height with shorter arms and a naturally slimmer body) looks normal. I'd post a pic, but there's a good chance that would end poorly for me later down the road. Would be happy to PM whomever a screenshot of my current profile.

Tinder App - The_CEO - 01-15-2015

Wow. Speakeasy's experiment was really eye opening but then again not surprising.

After brief experimentation with Tinder, I feel that (in my 30's ) i've aged out of this, at least without lying about my age and using older photos. I'm in shape and look good now but wouldn't pass for 28.

Also, for me the lack of results (on Tinder) is a self-esteem killer, whereas I get good feedback in person. I only tried it for a week but with no matches (except for bots) after all that swiping, seems pointless to keep at it.

Lastly, as an "older" guy, I feel like it's low value to be in there?

I envy the younger guys who are killing it on there.

Tinder App - N°6 - 01-15-2015

Quote: (01-15-2015 03:05 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Wow. Speakeasy's experiment was really eye opening but then again not surprising.

After brief experimentation with Tinder, I feel that (in my 30's ) i've aged out of this, at least without lying about my age and using older photos. I'm in shape and look good now but wouldn't pass for 28.

Also, for me the lack of results (on Tinder) is a self-esteem killer, whereas I get good feedback in person. I only tried it for a week but with no matches (except for bots) after all that swiping, seems pointless to keep at it.

Women swipe right 14% of the time. There is no reason to compromise your self-esteem to this.

Tinder App - Thesoloist - 01-16-2015

I agree with you that it has low ROI but if you're you're in shape and ripped you should still do well.

If you're out of shape well then yeah what you say is true....

Tinder App - viajero - 01-16-2015

Quote: (01-15-2015 04:10 AM)Lizard King Wrote:  

Great text game, and interesting experiment from speakeasy here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19115-...#pid696070

Even though he experiments with a fake profile, it is worth reading to see how far you can actually push an interaction.

More great text game from Youngblood: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19115-...#pid724695

Can't believe I missed that months ago, was really interesting.

I have to say, that guy has the perfect vibe for tinder. Not only is he good looking but he's got that douchebag look which conveys alpha-ness even in pictures.

If you're good looking but with a different vibe it may be harder to transfer your alpha-ness via pictures and you can end up looking like a pretty boy. That's when badass pictures become important.

Tinder App - The_CEO - 01-16-2015

Quote: (01-16-2015 10:11 AM)Thesoloist Wrote:  

I agree with you that it has low ROI but if you're you're in shape and ripped you should still do well.

If you're out of shape well then yeah what you say is true....

Yeah, I need to take/throw up new pics like Lizard King suggested if i'm going to keep at it.
I'm not ripped but more a long the lines of toned w/ six pack etc.

Tinder App - ONE A DAY - 01-16-2015

WYB? The struggle is real.

[Image: lgnS3j7l.jpg][Image: f7YFdvzl.jpg][Image: Sr2PaSZl.png]

Tinder App - Pacesetter20 - 01-16-2015

WNB ^^^

LOL!

My opening is always "Do you swallow or spit?" whenever I match with someone I wouldn't really have match with in the first place.

Three things could happen:
1) No response
2) They respond saying that's rude then they unmatch (lol)
3) It back fires and they go all nuts about it.. "I swallow, of course.."

Tinder App - Atlantic - 01-16-2015

How do ye guys deal with explaining that you are pipe-lining/using a GPS cracker App

Typical convo...

Me: cool I arrive in a week
Her: But you are 7km away
Me: Ya my phone can change GPS location
Me: its not real I arrive in a week
Me: Ya Im 7km away
Her: Ha you are funny

Tinder App - DJ-Matt - 01-16-2015

[Image: attachment.jpg24139]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24140]   

Third picture is of her cats, looks like she has the CCL starter kit already.

Quote: (01-16-2015 12:34 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

How do ye guys deal with explaining that you are pipe-lining/using a GPS cracker App

Typical convo...

I wouldn't try to address anything.. Just pretend you are physically there.

Tinder App - Stun - 01-16-2015

Youngbloods text game is very much like mine (he's better) and is some of the best I've seen.

He has two strong principles that we all want to have to be successful. Control the frame, and always be willing to walk away.

He says "you can stop talking to me now, bye." I say "it was nice talking to you good luck in your journey." Slightly nicer but it sends the same message.

[Image: tHEvMmdl.png]

Let's see...

1) Not looking for hook up.. Commitment only.
2) Single Mommy
3) Weight loss journey (Good stuff)

Anyone?! LOL

Tinder App - kaotic - 01-16-2015

Quote: (01-16-2015 01:38 PM)Runner2k Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2015 12:34 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

Typical convo...

I wouldn't try to address anything.. Just pretend you are physically there.

Exactly, don't say anything about it or explaining. Play it as you're busy, I'd pipeline only a few days before actually getting my boots on the ground.

Otherwise girls lose interest fast.

Tinder App - The_CEO - 01-16-2015

Quote: (01-16-2015 10:26 AM)viajero Wrote:  

Can't believe I missed that months ago, was really interesting.

I have to say, that guy has the perfect vibe for tinder. Not only is he good looking but he's got that douchebag look which conveys alpha-ness even in pictures.

If you're good looking but with a different vibe it may be harder to transfer your alpha-ness via pictures and you can end up looking like a pretty boy. That's when badass pictures become important.

Thanks to your post I just threw up my douchebaggiest photo...that'd be funny if I start getting a ton of matches.

Tinder App - Roardog - 01-17-2015

Ah man, I'd forgotten about Young Blood's posts. they are gold. Need to emulate him more.
I wonder how good looking he is in his photo's and if it matters?