Roosh V Forum
Realistic Foreign Movies - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Realistic Foreign Movies (/thread-6812.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 11-26-2011

Quote: (11-25-2011 11:31 PM)YoungGunner Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2011 11:25 PM)houston Wrote:  

Enter the Void - I guess this one is considered a foreign film. It was directed by a French guy, filmed in Tokyo but is in English. The same director as "Irreversible" so its pretty crazy and trippy.

Damn man you watch a lot of foreign movies. Do you ever bring that up with the lizards to play the "man of taste" card or go on the hunt for filmie chicks? There so many artsy girls into film up here in NY I wish I had time to watch those movies so I'd be part of their niche, considering the guys got little to no game, or might even set you up with their chick-friends.
Young gunner - I have netflix on my ps3 (streaming) so its real convenient. I try to watch 2 a week if I can. Real relaxing to smoke and watch some shit. I've never thought about it but I've seen all kinds of movies. I never have considered playing the movie angle like that.....what a great idea.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 12-08-2011

Not all of the movies I'm posting are 100% realistic. I'm not a real big fan of drama so I have to mix it up. Can't post up pictures because I'm on my phone and being lazy. I went through my watched movies on Netflix and pulled up everything.

Meserine Part 1: Killer Instinct - a French action flick about a gangster who ends up in Canada because he's on the run. There's a part 2 that I need to check out. You're kind of left hanging at the end. Decent movie but I won't waste another 2 hours on it.

The Krays - British movie based on the true story of 2 twins who run the London underground in the 60's. This one was extremely boring. I almost stopped it but let it
finish. I was really looking forward to this one and busted out some movie snacks for me and one of my lizards. It reminded me of a shitty version of Goodfellas if that makes any sense.

Ichi the Killer - Japanese movie that was inspired by the yakuza. I had to stop it a little more than halfway. I don't know if I was to stoned for it but it dragged on forever and didn't even have good acion scenes like I expected. I'm sure y'all have seen the cover of the main dude with the bleached hair and scars on his face. I guess its a cult classic or whatever but it didn't impress me at all. I might try to finish it another day.

Seven Days - French Canadian movie about a surgeon who's little girl is raped and killed. He gets a hold of the guy and tortures him for guess what...7 days. I liked this one. Its an emotional drama. Some nice, gory scenes as you can imagine.

Mark of Cain - Russian documentary about prison tattoos over there. Good shit! Its crazy how scrawny they are because of the horrible food and conditions. Can't even do push ups and body works out in their cells because it's so crowded.

Dead Snow - German movie about a group of college kids who go on a skip trip but get interrupted by Nazi zombies. You'll like it if you're into shit like Evil Dead. 2 thumbs up from me.

Valhalla Rising - I'm not sure if this had an English director or if he's from Denmark. Its set in 1001 AD and follows a group of vikings on a mission. It was filmed in
Scotland and has some beautiful visuals. This is a good one but runs kind of slow.

Trainspotting - English movie about heroin addicts. Another cult classic that ill never watch again. I've been wanting to check it out since I was a little kid but this shit just wasn't that good. Overrated imo.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Aliblahba - 12-08-2011

[Image: attachment.jpg3774]   

Realistic Foreign Movies - CrackerJack - 12-08-2011

I've seen "Katyn", good movie.

Speaking of good foreign war movies:

"9th company", about Russians in Afghanistan.

[Image: ninth_company.jpg]

"Tae Guk Gi", North vs South Korea in the 50s.

[Image: l_2603_0386064_2f5740a8.jpg]

"City of Life and Death", Nanking massacre by the Japanese during WW2.

[Image: l_1124052_d31cc999.jpg]

Realistic Foreign Movies - Deluge - 12-09-2011

I've been to the Nanjing Massacre Memorial. I lived in the city for 5 weeks actually, the shit the Japanese did was horrific. You feel like puking after you leave it.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 12-09-2011

There's a very gory documentary/movie called The Philosophy of a Knife. It's about all the crazy torture experiments the Japanese did during World War 2 with reenactments. This would be another foreign film. I'm not to sure where the director is from though.

Realistic Foreign Movies - CrackerJack - 12-09-2011

Quote: (12-09-2011 12:40 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

I've been to the Nanjing Massacre Memorial. I lived in the city for 5 weeks actually, the shit the Japanese did was horrific. You feel like puking after you leave it.

Yeah, watching that movie was a bit unsettling. The shit they've done puts Germans in a distant second. They only thing they were missing is the gas chambers.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Julio - 12-09-2011

Mesrine is more the autobiography of the most famous french gangster ever, the French Tony Montana, altough he died in 1979 young people starting a career in organized crime take him as a model.

But you should check "La Haine" with Vincent Cassel as well describing the day-to-day life in French guettos near Paris. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

You can also have a look at "A Prophet" describing the prison environment.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235166/

Realistic Foreign Movies - Deluge - 12-09-2011

The Japanese raped scored and scores of women. To a level surpassing the Nazi's.

Ohh I watched La Haine a few days ago. It's not about day to day life haha. It's about a day in the lives three ghetto youths in Paris, the day after a massive riot in their "banlieue" on the outskirts of Paris. Great movie. Highly recommend it.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Julio - 12-09-2011

Quote: (12-09-2011 09:54 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Ohh I watched La Haine a few days ago. It's not about day to day life haha. It's about a day in the lives three ghetto youths in Paris, the day after a massive riot in their "banlieue" on the outskirts of Paris. Great movie. Highly recommend it.

By day-to-day I meant the fact that you see what are the daily problems young people living in ghettos in France have to deal with: drugs, misfortune, despair, violence, etc... ^^

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 12-12-2011

Brother - Russian movie that was filmed in St. Petersburg in the mid to late 90's on a $10,000 budget. It's about a young man who goes to live with his brother and becomes a hitman like him. It was entertaining and gives a good glimpse of how the people live every day over there.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Sourcecode - 12-13-2011

Check out the devils double
Its almost like a old style mobster movie "portraying" the struggles between saddams player son Uday and is body double.

Supposedly the body double lied about all this.
But alot of udays actions are suppose to be close to real life.

Dude liked to cruise around and pick up young girls off the street..rape and mutilate them with a drunk coked up dick and then toss them,
or just kill because he was in a bad mood.

Apparently he was so wild even his own dad didnt want him in power.

dvd link online
It was only in limited theatres..and the sundance festival..but its already go a leak online

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 12-25-2011

The Man of the Year - Brazilian film about an everyday guy who bleaches his hair because of a bet. He ends up killing someone who makes fun of it and becomes a hired steet vigilante by the rich. Also ends up banging a 15 yr old and killing his wife. Kind of slow towards the end but its worth checking out.

Steal - This one was filmed in Montreal. Its a stupid movie about a group of bank robbers who are forced to rob banks and armored trucks by the police and give up the money. It has some good shots of the city though. Thumbs down for the movie but thumbs up for the shots.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 03-11-2012

Roosh - I accidentaly rated my own thread 1 star!! Any way you can change it to 5?

Mesrine: Part 2: Public Enemy #1 - French movie. I wrote up the review for part 1 earlier in the thread. This one doesn't have as much action as part 1. Decent movie. My review hasn't changed after watching both.

The Robber - German movie that was shot in Austria. Based on a true story of an Austrian marathon runner who starts robbing banks. Decent movie. A little slow for me, but I would say check it out.

As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me - German movie. This one was pretty cool. True story of a German POW who escapes from a Siberian labor camp during WWII and travels more than 8,000 miles back to his family in Germany.

Kidulthood - British movie. I liked this one, because it reminded me of my younger days haha. It's kind of like the American movie KIDS if anyone has seen that. A group of high school kids in West London have the day off, because a classmate hung herself. Drugs, violence, and sex are the main topics in this. I wish the director would of made this more realistic (a guy is snorting line after line yet somehow can get his dick hard, kids get their asses kicked yet don't have any bruises or marks on face, etc). I still highly recommend checking this one out. Very entertaining.

Night Watch - Russian movie. Horrible movie about vampires and other supernatural shit. I fell asleep about 3 times during this one, and didn't even finish it.

Police, Adjective - Romanian movie. A cop is assigned to watch a high school kid who is suspected of dealing weed. He's clearly not dealing, just getting high with his friends. The lawman doesn't want to arrest him, because this would ruin the young man's future but his superior is insistent. This is a cool drama. I forgot how serious weed is in some countries and it gave me goosebumps because I was doing the same thing in high school. 2 thumbs up.

Realistic Foreign Movies - Alfonzo - 03-12-2012

Quebec movies: -Monsieur Lazard
- Incendie
- 7 jours du talion or 7 days in english
- Crazy

French movies: all Marcel pagnol movies( jean de florette,manon des sources,la gloire de mon père,
le château de mon père .)
-Le dîner de con
- Les choristes
-L'immortel
-Les valseuses
- Cyrano de bergerac
- Ma 6t va cra-k(movie on the '' banlieu'')
- A prophete

Italian: -Gomorrah
- Cinema paradisio
-Life is beautiful

Brazilian:- the director is brazilian , the movie is in spanish - Motorcycle diaries, it's the life of Che Guevara in his early years .

- City of God

Realistic Foreign Movies - Luvianka - 03-12-2012

Quote: (09-22-2011 08:32 PM)houston Wrote:  

What are some good, realistic movies from other countries? I'm trying to find films that show how it really is in everyday life so I can tease myself some more.

Colombia: La Virgen de los Sicarios.
Mexico: Los Olvidados.

Realistic Foreign Movies - The Fantasist - 03-12-2012

Realism in foreign film.....Look no further then Russian gangster thriller 'Brat' ( Brother ). It gives it you all in bucket loads. Young army dude ( played by the excellent Sergei Bodrov Jnr. ) heads to St.Peter to stay with his brother,ultra violence ensues. Cult film everyone who has spent time in Russia has seen. Great soundtrack. Unforgettable. It's also up on Youtube with English subs. You won't regret watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmzUJkrKq5Q

Realistic Foreign Movies - BrownBear - 03-14-2012

Great russian movies
Brat
Brat 2
Brigada-TV series
The Italian
The Thief
The Return
Bumer
Bumer 2

Realistic Foreign Movies - The Fantasist - 03-14-2012

Quote: (03-14-2012 01:08 PM)BrownBear Wrote:  

Great russian movies
Brat
Brat 2
Brigada-TV series
The Italian
The Thief
The Return
Bumer
Bumer 2

I don't know if I can agree with Brat 2. The first was excellent but the second one lacked the realism of the first.
The Thief was a great film. Heard lots about Bumer but not seen it yet.

A few great Russian films that are not gangsterish but still excellent:
Driver for Vera
Taxi Blues
ASSA
Little Vera
Prisoner of the mountains

Love Russian films.

Realistic Foreign Movies - The Fantasist - 03-14-2012

Brown Bear have you seen 'Cargo 2000'? Ultra realism set in a small Soviet town in the 80's full of rape and murder. Based on a true story too. I think you'll like it.

Here is the Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00tfUBxl-Go

Realistic Foreign Movies - BrownBear - 03-16-2012

Pretty good, I'm a big fan of old soviet-films. I'm obsessed with Brazilian/French movies right now..

Realistic Foreign Movies - Screwston - 03-16-2012

I wish streaming Netflix had the full selcection like when you order. I want to watch more Russian ones, but there's not many.

Realistic Foreign Movies - The Fantasist - 03-16-2012

Quote: (03-16-2012 03:46 PM)houston Wrote:  

I wish streaming Netflix had the full selcection like when you order. I want to watch more Russian ones, but there's not many.

There are loads of Russian films uploaded to Youtube with English subs. Have a look as there is enough stuff on there to keep a Russian film fan happy for months.

Realistic Foreign Movies - trey - 04-16-2012

I watched 'A Prophet' yesterday after the rec in this thread. Now I'll return the favor to you gents.

'A Separation' is a good Iranian drama. Heavy on dialogue but good story/acting and a cool glimpse into Iran.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1832382/

If you don't mind a healthy dose of fucked-up, watch a (I believe) French-Canadian movie called Incendies.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1255953/

The original Japanese version of Shall We Dance, called Shall We Dansu, is very good and a good look at Japanese culture.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117615/

Also, not so much 'realistic' but worthy of this thread would be 2 South Korean films:

Oldboy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

3-Iron
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423866/

Realistic Foreign Movies - Greek kamaki - 04-16-2012

For Serbia.Rane.(the whole film here).

For Czech Republic.I served the King of England(typical Czech humor).

For Russia.Cargo 200.(you can find the english subtitles).