Roosh V Forum
The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) (/thread-28919.html)

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - RealityCheck - 12-12-2014

Tips on how to play this? I met her at a bar, got the number, then called her two days later. We played phone tag back and forth once or twice, then she sent me a message that she'd "get back to me tomorrow." Three days later she still hadn't called so I messaged her "..." and then only a day later she responded with "busy with work" bull shit. You can see the rest here:

[attachment=23485]
[attachment=23486]
[attachment=23487]

My intuition is that the odds aren't on my side, but wanted to see what you guys think.

I'm leaning towards radio silence then continuing with a confirmation text tomorrow a few hours before 21:30 even though I'm not counting on her coming out to meet me.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - AneroidOcean - 12-12-2014

Quote: (12-12-2014 03:29 PM)RealityCheck Wrote:  

My guess is that she's a pretty cold prospect, but wanted to see what you guys think.

I'm leaning towards radio silence then continuing with a confirmation text tomorrow a few hours before 21:30.

You can go radio silence, but "maybe" is pretty much code for "no."

I'd go with a "nah"

You might as well cancel on her. She's being a bitch, it's not going to get any better with this line of texting she's giving you. Go find another girl to meet for drinks.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Staros - 12-12-2014

Here's the deal. Had a great first date that led to a bang. All peaches and 30 minutes after she's left she texts me first "Got home. Sleep tight! Hope to see you again some other day! : *"

That's on the Saturday.

Then I text her on Monday basically asking how she is and a bit of chit chat. Fast responses and all seems sweet. Then I ask if we should meet next Saturday, she goes quiet and answers the next day.

The rest you can see here.

[Image: 11311091a7566941ea4f4ea47d74b9c0.png]

Now it's Friday night, haven't heard from her yet.

It's one of those situations where it seems almost unbelievable, because things were really great. I am in Brazil and I'm thinking this is a different culture, but to be honest I don't really know and hence "stuck".

Appreciate your help, fellas!

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Rawmeo - 12-12-2014

"I'll let you know" or "tell you later" is always a bad sign. I tend to apply the same logic than, if someone offers you something really important on a certain date/time, you will write it in your agenda. The fact that she needs to "think about it" indicates that she is not 100% satisfied by the idea. That's just my opinion, I'd like to see what other players think on this one.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - RealityCheck - 12-13-2014

Quote: (12-12-2014 04:04 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

My guess is that she's a pretty cold prospect, but wanted to see what you guys think.

I'm leaning towards radio silence then continuing with a confirmation text tomorrow a few hours before 21:30.

You can go radio silence, but "maybe" is pretty much code for "no."

I'd go with a "nah"

You might as well cancel on her. She's being a bitch, it's not going to get any better with this line of texting she's giving you. Go find another girl to meet for drinks.

Good call, that's what I did in the end.

Quote: (12-12-2014 10:20 PM)Staros Wrote:  

It's one of those situations where it seems almost unbelievable, because things were really great. I am in Brazil and I'm thinking this is a different culture, but to be honest I don't really know and hence "stuck".

Similar to my situation, "I'll let you know" usually means that she's not interested. In your case, you've already slept with her, but for whatever reason that you'll likely never know, the attraction might have dissipated.

Instead of two messages:
"hmm
Sunday?"

I would have just said "sunday". This way your keeping the ratio of your texts to her texts in your favor, plus you're talking in the imperative instead of asking a question.

And instead of "yeah" I would've said "k". Less is more.

But I'm nitpicking and these things likely wouldn't have made a big difference overall.

Good luck.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - wagmydog - 12-14-2014

I've come to view pre-bang text exchanges as code-talk in many cases. Exhibit A below, my text exchange with an online 8/10 chick yesterday in response to my "do you want to connect over drinks and see where that leads us" (translated: "let's meet and fuck") line.
[Image: attachment.jpg23520]   
Exhibit A translated:

Me: Meet me Tue night. If you have work/school, I can see u Wed night
Her: I'm free Tue night but I'm talking to a few other dudes right now
Me: I'm going out Tue night anyway and don't give a fuck if you come along or not
Her: Wait! I'll schedule other dudes later (or earlier?) and meet you Tue night. Btw here's my escape plan in case you turn out to be a dumb/ugly sonofabitch so don't assume the sale dude!
Me: F u bitch. I'm calling u out and walking away
Her: Wait, wait! I'm dtf, it's just an escape hatch
Me: You down?
Her: Fuck yeah!

In the past, I used to mishandle the "I may have plans with gf" line by employing the rational approach. Now I just tell them to fuck off in a nice way and see if they retrace.

Would you guys have read and handled it differently?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Dark Knowledge - 12-16-2014

Haven't banged this chick in a while. Thought I was getting set-up for a "fuck you" but it worked out in my favor

[Image: h1XqaVD.jpg]

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Roardog - 12-16-2014

Quote: (12-14-2014 08:54 AM)wagmydog Wrote:  

I've come to view pre-bang text exchanges as code-talk in many cases. Exhibit A below, my text exchange with an online 8/10 chick yesterday in response to my "do you want to connect over drinks and see where that leads us" (translated: "let's meet and fuck") line.

Exhibit A translated:

Me: Meet me Tue night. If you have work/school, I can see u Wed night
Her: I'm free Tue night but I'm talking to a few other dudes right now
Me: I'm going out Tue night anyway and don't give a fuck if you come along or not
Her: Wait! I'll schedule other dudes later (or earlier?) and meet you Tue night. Btw here's my escape plan in case you turn out to be a dumb/ugly sonofabitch so don't assume the sale dude!
Me: F u bitch. I'm calling u out and walking away
Her: Wait, wait! I'm dtf, it's just an escape hatch
Me: You down?
Her: Fuck yeah!

In the past, I used to mishandle the "I may have plans with gf" line by employing the rational approach. Now I just tell them to fuck off in a nice way and see if they retrace.

Would you guys have read and handled it differently?

Seems like you handled it perfectly.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Staros - 12-17-2014

Here's the deal. Had a great first date that led to a bang. All peaches and 30 minutes after she's left she texts me first "Got home. Sleep tight! Hope to see you again some other day! : *"

That's on the Saturday.

Then I text her on Monday basically asking how she is and a bit of chit chat. Fast responses and all seems sweet. Then I ask if we should meet next Saturday, she goes quiet and answers the next day.

And what do you know! Suddenly, today on a Wednesday, 4 days later that I suggested the meet, I got a response.

Weird.

What would you guys answer / make of this?

[Image: f34aa4daa7e9e75db7bceaac78267a9f.png]

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Noir - 12-18-2014

@Staros, I wouldn't waste my weekend time for her, if she didn't have a modicum of decency to inform you ahead of time.

Be firm and suggest another day. If she continues playing games, just demote her on the totem pole and water some other plants.

"I have plans"

See if she offers something else.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - sandman972 - 12-18-2014

Quote: (12-17-2014 09:40 PM)Staros Wrote:  

That's on the Saturday.

And what do you know! Suddenly, today on a Wednesday, 4 days later that I suggested the meet, I got a response.

Weird.

What would you guys answer / make of this?

[Image: f34aa4daa7e9e75db7bceaac78267a9f.png]

Radio silence her for a week. Following week hit her up, if she initiates a time (which she will if shes actually interested in you) then great. If not then shes probably a weak prospect that wants your validation more than anything.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Staros - 12-18-2014

Okay, thank you very much, Alex3984, RealityCheck, Noir and sandman972. Appreciate it a lot, fellas.

Probably I'll radio silence here forever. I don't like to be treated this way.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - robreke - 12-19-2014

Texted a former FB a few days ago with a little dread game. She left me/quit banging for a former long time boyfriend. Would see her out after that occasionally looking kind of longingly at me. We'd have brief but awkward conversations.

It was radio silence for 5 weeks and hit her up Tuesday this week with this "accidental" text to another girl:

Me: I did too....ha that big huh! btw...tickets are 9.15...did we say dinner at 7 or 7.30
Her two minutes later : Umm....I think you meant to send that to someone else.
Me 15 minutes later: Oh sorry! wrong recipient

Nothing after that. It could have shocked her a little with that seemingly sexual text I was sending an 'other' girl.

wouldn't mind hitting it again.

I was thinking of hitting her up early next week with a "hey have a good Christmas ...hope you did well this semester" text just to see if I can get her out of her shell/reinitiate. Either that or do nothing based on her no further responses. thoughts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Blaze Frazier - 12-20-2014

robreke, just leave it.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Agreddor - 12-20-2014

Quote: (12-19-2014 10:38 AM)robreke Wrote:  

Texted a former FB a few days ago with a little dread game. She left me/quit banging for a former long time boyfriend. Would see her out after that occasionally looking kind of longingly at me. We'd have brief but awkward conversations.

It was radio silence for 5 weeks and hit her up Tuesday this week with this "accidental" text to another girl:

Me: I did too....ha that big huh! btw...tickets are 9.15...did we say dinner at 7 or 7.30
Her two minutes later : Umm....I think you meant to send that to someone else.
Me 15 minutes later: Oh sorry! wrong recipient

Nothing after that. It could have shocked her a little with that seemingly sexual text I was sending an 'other' girl.

wouldn't mind hitting it again.

I was thinking of hitting her up early next week with a "hey have a good Christmas ...hope you did well this semester" text just to see if I can get her out of her shell/reinitiate. Either that or do nothing based on her no further responses. thoughts?

Send out a generic text for Xmas. Copy and paste one off the net if you have to, if she responds transition to meeting up for drinks if not delete her number.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - RandomGuy1 - 12-20-2014

Imagine you have a girl which is surely not interested in any kind of "sexual escalation" ... you just want to get rid of her because there is zero chance you could "hit her"and also the whole thing starts to get annoying.

[Image: qlYHuXP.png]

I'm just curious what the RVF folk will recommend me.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - dispenser - 12-22-2014

(...)
RealityCheck, your responses are all variations on things from heartiste.wordpress.com.
She might be picking up on this soundbite quality.
"Ouch" and "What if I..." were shit tests; they have an ironic, challenging tone.
I think she "saw" you (unconsciously, of course) as being evasive of these shit tests.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - kaotic - 12-22-2014

Quote: (12-20-2014 12:12 PM)RandomGuy1 Wrote:  

Imagine you have a girl which is surely not interested in any kind of "sexual escalation" ... you just want to get rid of her because there is zero chance you could "hit her"and also the whole thing starts to get annoying.

[Image: qlYHuXP.png]

I'm just curious what the RVF folk will recommend me.

It's called radio silence, stop talking to her.

Don't invest any time into something that's dead in the water.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - RealityCheck - 12-23-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 03:17 AM)dispenser Wrote:  

(...)
RealityCheck, your responses are all variations on things from heartiste.wordpress.com.
"Ouch" and "What if I..." were shit tests; they have an ironic, challenging tone.
I think she "saw" you (unconsciously, of course) as being evasive of these shit tests.

nah

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - dispenser - 12-23-2014

Quote: (12-23-2014 04:03 AM)RealityCheck Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2014 03:17 AM)dispenser Wrote:  

(...)

nah
k

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Griprip08 - 12-24-2014

Tinder/ girl is a 9 from the pictures, definitely one of those self entitled bitches who has a summary as long as my police record and has words like "romantic, high standards, hard woker" as if they are true.

Eitherway, hooked her with a "tell me you squat and this might work out" opener (said she was a "gym rat" (=treadmill slut)) and we talked blah blah, in a rush and not near my phone but it took a turn.

Me: So let's grab a drink. If you play your cards right well hit the gym in the near future, Ill spot you, then you can cook me some italian food. That shit's my weakness.
Her: Oh If I play MY cards right? You might want to rephrase that
Her: You would be very lucky to be even hanging out with me in the first place [Image: smile.gif]
Me: Lol. I don't follow, can you cure cancer or something? Do you have some remarkable skill that the other 300 brunettes that go to the gym don't have? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Her: What makes you so special that I have to play cards right? I am a hard working blah blah (basically qualifying herself).
Me: Whoa, relax. It's called flirting, and ten bucks says you don't even know what a real man looks like.
He: I am totally relaxed haha. I just get what I want and I have high standards. (which is funny becasue in the blah blah section she mentions "I'm not high maintinence").
Me at this point: Radio silence

I'm thinking of riding with the radio slience to see if she bites, but any ideas? I know putting self entitled bitches in their place is a gold mine for guys like us, I'm definitely interested in what you guys would have said. Also, how would you proceed from here?

Thanks brothas

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - robreke - 12-24-2014

Quote: (12-24-2014 02:20 PM)Griprip08 Wrote:  

Tinder/ girl is a 9 from the pictures, definitely one of those self entitled bitches who has a summary as long as my police record and has words like "romantic, high standards, hard woker" as if they are true.

Eitherway, hooked her with a "tell me you squat and this might work out" opener (said she was a "gym rat" (=treadmill slut)) and we talked blah blah, in a rush and not near my phone but it took a turn.

Me: So let's grab a drink. If you play your cards right well hit the gym in the near future, Ill spot you, then you can cook me some italian food. That shit's my weakness.
Her: Oh If I play MY cards right? You might want to rephrase that
Her: You would be very lucky to be even hanging out with me in the first place [Image: smile.gif]
Me: Lol. I don't follow, can you cure cancer or something? Do you have some remarkable skill that the other 300 brunettes that go to the gym don't have? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Her: What makes you so special that I have to play cards right? I am a hard working blah blah (basically qualifying herself).
Me: Whoa, relax. It's called flirting, and ten bucks says you don't even know what a real man looks like.
He: I am totally relaxed haha. I just get what I want and I have high standards. (which is funny becasue in the blah blah section she mentions "I'm not high maintinence").
Me at this point: Radio silence

I'm thinking of riding with the radio slience to see if she bites, but any ideas? I know putting self entitled bitches in their place is a gold mine for guys like us, I'm definitely interested in what you guys would have said. Also, how would you proceed from here?

Thanks brothas

It's decent banter on your part...but the phone and text should strictly be used to set dates/logistics. When guys try to get too cute...especially with women they're trying to get a first date with....things can get misunderstood and you can blow attraction before it even starts.

When text gets re initiated go with " Let's grab a drink one night in the next week....when will you be free?"

She responds and then you set a definite date. Save the witty bantering for in person.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Griprip08 - 12-24-2014

yeah I get that but just wanted to see if there was another way to respond to the bitchy self entitlement, either way i Followed up

Me:Good. Anyways, I'm booked all this week, next week though let's grab that drink.
Her: Next week could work!

I smell a flake, and might even be spiteful, but I still have some tricks up my sleeve, we'll see how it goes.

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - Valhalla - 12-24-2014

Anyone have any Christmas restart texts?

The "What should I text next?" thread (for when you get stuck) - TheWastelander - 12-24-2014

Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm stuck. I had a good date with this girl on Monday night. Just texted her to make plans again later this week.

me: hey x, how's it going?
her: It's pretty hectic. Just got home and I've gotta get up at 6 am again tomorrow. How about you
me: pretty good. just got done with some last minute stuff. anyway, you wanna hang out later this week?
her: Might be free. Can't give you a definite answer yet but Id like to say im interested

Suggestions?