Roosh V Forum
Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Health: Apple Cider Vinegar (/thread-7518.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Cr33pin - 10-25-2015

I was checking out at the health food store in the mall yesterday and the girl brought to huge bottles of Braggs AVC to the counter and I was like oh hell yea, don't mind if I do. They were for the guy behind me I ended up buying a smaller bottle.

My question is... should I refrigerate my AVC? Cause when the girl brought them from the back they were refrigerated?? Usually they are just chilling on the shelf.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Dr. Howard - 12-01-2015

Quote: (10-25-2015 05:26 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I was checking out at the health food store in the mall yesterday and the girl brought to huge bottles of Braggs AVC to the counter and I was like oh hell yea, don't mind if I do. They were for the guy behind me I ended up buying a smaller bottle.

My question is... should I refrigerate my AVC? Cause when the girl brought them from the back they were refrigerated?? Usually they are just chilling on the shelf.

Hello ACV thread...my old friend.

No you don't have to refrigerate it. If you leave it open, alone in the dark the 'mother' will grow and make it even stronger. Same theory as kombucha.

I have just taken my first shot of braggs after about a year off. After a solid shit I will be ready to take on the world.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - OregonToSoCal - 12-03-2015

I'm on my third day of ACV. Each morning I put a shot into about 8oz of water and drink it on an empty stomach. It's definitely gotten the bowels moving and I seem to have a bit more energy and clarity. Looking forward to the other cumulative effects I've been reading about in this thread.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - h3ltrsk3ltr - 12-23-2015

Quote: (12-01-2015 01:54 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2015 05:26 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Hello ACV thread...my old friend.

No you don't have to refrigerate it. If you leave it open, alone in the dark the 'mother' will grow and make it even stronger. Same theory as kombucha.

I have just taken my first shot of braggs after about a year off. After a solid shit I will be ready to take on the world.

Read this. Stood up and walked over to fridge, took out two large bottles of ACV. Placed them on counter. Went back to computer.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - scotian - 12-23-2015

I've been on the Bragg's ACV for three years now and yesterday picked up a bottle in the US for the first time ever and its noticeably darker than any bottle I've ever bought in Canada, must have more mother or something, could be an off batch I don't know.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - thoughtgypsy - 12-23-2015

Quote: (12-23-2015 08:13 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I've been on the Bragg's ACV for three years now and yesterday picked up a bottle in the US for the first time ever and its noticeably darker than any bottle I've ever bought in Canada, must have more mother or something, could be an off batch I don't know.

Interesting you mentioned that. I also noticed that batches can fluctuate. I buy the Trader Joe's brand unfiltered, and noticed a major change in coloration lately. Before it was thick, and had a dense cloud on the bottom before shaking. Now it seems much lighter. I wonder if they've changed their dilution to cut costs.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - frozen-ace - 12-25-2015

It could be the age of the cider. It could also be the type of apple used to make the cider. Think if you made a batch using green Granny Smith apples from Washington and then made another batch using a tiny red heirloom variety from Michigan. It's not going to turn out exactly the same with the exact same color.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Borat Sagdiyev - 03-15-2016

Downed a shot of ACV after dinner yesterday... immediately had a heartburn due to the high acidic content in the vinegar. I'm a noob when it comes to this kinda stuff, do you dilute it with lots of water? How do you guys consume ACV?

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - rottenapple - 03-15-2016

So I´ve had a bottle for a while and the mother has grown into a big nasty monster inside. But from what I gather this is better, more nutritients etc.? ACV won´t go bad? We are talking about 4-5 months here.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - roberto - 03-15-2016

^The irony of your statement and your username.... [Image: biggrin.gif]

I doubt anything could survive in ACV...I'd drink it.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - thirty-six - 03-31-2016

Picked this up at the grocery store the other day and just tried it. Pretty good. It has an interesting flavor. I don't usually mess with lite/low fat products, but hey, it's ACV. You could probably add some to a quart of motor oil and use it as a healthy salad dressing.

[Image: AppleCiderVinaigrette.png]

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Gustavus Adolphus - 03-31-2016

Quote: (03-15-2016 07:54 AM)Borat Sagdiyev Wrote:  

Downed a shot of ACV after dinner yesterday... immediately had a heartburn due to the high acidic content in the vinegar. I'm a noob when it comes to this kinda stuff, do you dilute it with lots of water? How do you guys consume ACV?

It's been mentioned before, but I tried with water and honey, still taste like shit.

I now use about a 3:1 ratio of apple juice (an organic/ natural one) to Bragg's. Mix it up a little and down it.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Sam Malone - 05-03-2016

Stumbled across this last night, heads up to the ACV guys..

[Image: 13idc0.jpg]

$3.12 for a 32 ounce bottle of Bragg's. I bought the five they had left. It wasn't a sale or clearance price, either.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - DJ-Matt - 05-03-2016

Looks like I'm headed to Target! Just noticed Wally World carries Bragg's brand now.

Quote: (03-31-2016 07:54 PM)Gustavus Adolphus Wrote:  

It's been mentioned before, but I tried with water and honey, still taste like shit.

I now use about a 3:1 ratio of apple juice (an organic/ natural one) to Bragg's. Mix it up a little and down it.

TEAM APPLE DILUTE

Apple juice or cider is the way to go, just water doesn't take enough of the sour taste for me.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - WalkingMan - 05-03-2016

I just walked by a stack of this stuff a few days ago. I thought of this thread but I didn't pick it up for some reason. I will next time.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Independent1 - 07-25-2016

Just ordered a bottel of the braggs. Any tips on how often to use this? Also what time in the day?

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Chauncey - 07-25-2016

Quote: (07-25-2016 04:01 AM)Independent1 Wrote:  

Just ordered a bottel of the braggs. Any tips on how often to use this? Also what time in the day?

I just take a shot worth (2oz give or take) in the morning, after I brush my teeth, before I head out for the day.

Probably not most effective method, but the placebo effect works.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Special1 - 08-11-2016

How should your store the ACV? In the fridge? In the dark?

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Cattle Rustler - 08-11-2016

I keep mine in my pantry, away from light, stored at room temp.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - frozen-ace - 08-11-2016

It does not need to be kept in the fridge. You can keep it on your counter even after you open it.

The sun generally breaks things down, I'd keep it out of the sun, but you don't need to keep it under darkness either. Counter or cupboard is fine. Norhing wrong with keeping it in the fridge either.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - komatiite - 08-28-2016

Was out on the boat all day yesterday, took the tarp off and before I knew it my entire chest and back were roasted. Couldn't even lay in bed without pain, massive sunburn.

Put water and ACV in a spray bottle (1:1 ratio) and had the old lady spray me down. The pain disappeared and I'm not peeling (yet). Make sure you have a waterproof mattress protector, my sheets reeked this morning of ACV even though I walked around outside for a few minutes after to air dry.

Apple cider vinegar = sunburn remedy

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - WalkingMan - 08-28-2016

So I bought a bottle last month and I've taken a swig a few times whenever I remember I still have it.

I don't feel anything really special, but I think that was because I wasn't drinking it in the morning or after I eat. I did that once and I did feel more of a desire to poop, but in a good way.

Also, I don't feel the need to water it down with anything. People say just drink a shotglass of it, so I just sip it from the bottle. Makes my eyes water a bit, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be from reading the comments.

I think this is because I've been a fan of apple cider throughout my entire life so I'm used to the taste.

Another thing, I swirled the mother around in the bottle one day. But I think it's supposed to stay at the bottom, right?

I need to read this thread again so I can learn how to use it properly.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - churros - 08-28-2016

Here is a tip: buy some red cabbage, and cook it up with a shot of ACV. Afterwards you can drink down the remaining liquid. Great, healthy meal alongside a pork chop. Mix fresh coriander into the cabbage.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Oz. - 09-28-2016

I finally bought a bottle of braggs been drinking it for the past couple of days mixed with 8oz of water

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Tiguere - 09-28-2016

Has anybody used the powder form of ACV to travel around with? Would the health benefits be similar to Braggs?

Thinking about trying the powder out while on the road. Figure you can easily pack a month or two supply in carry-on luggage.

It's hard to get my hands on a bottle of Braggs in many cities.