Roosh V Forum
The Poland thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Poland thread (/thread-4184.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

The Poland thread - Booyah - 07-08-2015

Quote: (06-27-2015 04:29 PM)Pokerbaby Wrote:  

Polish families have the money for summer homes in southern Europe? I know thins have improved here but I don't think it's that much.

It's weird, the shopping malls are modern with pretty upscale stores. But the malls are relatively dead. I was in one this afternoon and it was just dead. I still think the Polish economy has a way to go.

haha, and what did you think ? actually, nowadays, polish economy is on the same level as spanish, italian and for sure better than croatian, greek

you're living in one of the poorest city of the country so maybe you don't see it that much. Where do you think all that people went that even malls are dead.

The Poland thread - spalex - 07-08-2015

You know, for such a homophobic country... There sure are a lot of naked men in the gym locker room asking me to take pictures of them.

Gym culture here is weird.

The Poland thread - Booyah - 07-08-2015

Quote: (07-08-2015 12:19 PM)spalex Wrote:  

You know, for such a homophobic country... There sure are a lot of naked men in the gym locker room asking me to take pictures of them.

and what has it anything to do with this thread ?

and as far as i know, the partnerships' act is going to be announced but i don't find it as a drawback that gays are not being seen in every inch of the city. i got nothing against them but still.

The Poland thread - Chaos - 07-09-2015

Anyone around in Warsaw?
I'm coming over for the weekend.

Edit :
Can anyone give a short hint on nightlife suggestions?
I wanna hit up some places.

I know there is written stuff about it here but the internet is slow as fuck here, it takes forever just to load a single page.

The Poland thread - Booyah - 07-09-2015

so buy an internet instead of using wifi from mcdonald

The Poland thread - whoishe - 07-09-2015

Quote: (07-09-2015 07:37 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

Anyone around in Warsaw?
I'm coming over for the weekend.

Edit :
Can anyone give a short hint on nightlife suggestions?
I wanna hit up some places.

I know there is written stuff about it here but the internet is slow as fuck here, it takes forever just to load a single page.
Clubs on Mazowiecka street - especially Organza is decent, has a good balance between prices, girls, music.
Next door is Enklawa which is more of a high end and celebrities place, more foreigners, girls paid to dance there, etc...

You can also go 2-ways close to Wisla river:
1) You have "Syreni Spiew" (Szara 10A street) which is very popular place with quite a strict face control, but I know one guy who is a regular there and he really likes it.
2) Or you can do it in more rough way and just check Pubs and Bars around Wisla (on both sides), you should have enough of 7's there and girls will be there more relaxed comparing to clubs. They will be aften in groups, but it's so popular place these days (especially when weather is good, which is not expected to be this weekend unfortunately) that you should find some targets easily.

Also, try checking your PM [Image: idea.gif]

The Poland thread - Pokerbaby - 07-09-2015

Quote: (07-08-2015 12:05 PM)Booyah Wrote:  

Quote: (06-27-2015 04:29 PM)Pokerbaby Wrote:  

Polish families have the money for summer homes in southern Europe? I know thins have improved here but I don't think it's that much.

It's weird, the shopping malls are modern with pretty upscale stores. But the malls are relatively dead. I was in one this afternoon and it was just dead. I still think the Polish economy has a way to go.

haha, and what did you think ? actually, nowadays, polish economy is on the same level as spanish, italian and for sure better than croatian, greek

you're living in one of the poorest city of the country so maybe you don't see it that much. Where do you think all that people went that even malls are dead.

Bialystok is a poorer Polish city. True. That's one good thing I like about it. Avg salary probably like 300 a month or something. That's why I think it's better to go to places like this as opposed to Warsaw. Girls definitely love foreigners especially ones who look like they come from richer countries.

There's still pretty high I-phone penetration. I-phone's everywhere.

The Poland thread - spalex - 07-10-2015

One thing I have been noticing recently.

Polish people aren't poor and doing it rough. They are just fucking retarded when it comes to handling money.
After living here for a year, I can tell that 100% of the Polish people I know aren't doing it tough because they don't earn enough.
Its because they can't afford the car they drive, the pay TV, the Iphone with unlimited calling plan, shopping at Pioter & Pawel when there is a Biedronka next 200 meters further down the road, their wife not working and being a hosuewife even though their kids are almost in their teens and drinking in fancy clubs where the beer is 10zl instead of 4zl because its the cool place to go.

The stereotype is that they are all poor and polish people are always happy to say they are doing it tough.
But why is fucking Tesco always full when there is a Biedronka next door selling the same shit for half the price.

Even though I have been on a higher starting salary my whole life than most of these people.... I still think i could live more comfortably on the same money.
Why does everyone have the latest Iphones and Samsungs instead of some old shit that does the job?
Why is everyone shopping at Rossman instead of getting their cosmetics at cheaper places? *
Because they are just bad with money.

You will start to notice this more now that I have pointed it out.

The Poland thread - unom - 07-10-2015

Quote: (07-10-2015 03:52 PM)spalex Wrote:  

Polish people aren't poor and doing it rough. They are just fucking retarded when it comes to handling money.
After living here for a year, I can tell that 100% of the Polish people I know aren't doing it tough because they don't earn enough.
Its because they can't afford the car they drive, the pay TV, the Iphone with unlimited calling plan, shopping at Pioter & Pawel when there is a Biedronka next 200 meters further down the road, their wife not working and being a hosuewife even though their kids are almost in their teens and drinking in fancy clubs where the beer is 10zl instead of 4zl because its the cool place to go.

The stereotype is that they are all poor and polish people are always happy to say they are doing it tough.
But why is fucking Tesco always full when there is a Biedronka next door selling the same shit for half the price.

Even though I have been on a higher starting salary my whole life than most of these people.... I still think i could live more comfortably on the same money.
Why does everyone have the latest Iphones and Samsungs instead of some old shit that does the job?
Why is everyone shopping at Rossman instead of getting their cosmetics at cheaper places? *

that's true for almost all the Eastern European countries

The Poland thread - Burner - 07-10-2015

What city were you in? I lived there for almost a year and rarely saw an Iphone. Most of them had poverty Sony or Samsung's. If someone had an Iphone it was an old version with a cracked screen or something.

I'd say Polish people are good with money. Most get paid at the end of the month and have to budget their money well to survive until their next pay.

The Poland thread - samsamsam - 07-10-2015

Burner which cities were you in may I ask?

Is it true some families are living off of $300/month?

The Poland thread - Pokerbaby - 07-10-2015

Quote: (07-10-2015 07:01 PM)Burner Wrote:  

What city were you in? I lived there for almost a year and rarely saw an Iphone. Most of them had poverty Sony or Samsung's. If someone had an Iphone it was an old version with a cracked screen or something.

I'd say Polish people are good with money. Most get paid at the end of the month and have to budget their money well to survive until their next pay.

The 300.00 a month salary is definitely true for some people. But don't forget this is just the average. There are still many Poles who are lucky and work in a wealthier country and bring some money home. A lot of younger women work as Nanny's in the UK and shit like that. So they are very well off compared to some. I think the older people who generally don't speak English are worse off and pull the average down. I saw plenty of Iphone 4's 5's and 6's. I did see one hot 22 year old with an old style cell phone that looked like it was used by Gordon Gekko in the 1980's. It looked kind of sad but kind of cool at the same time.

The Poland thread - Burner - 07-10-2015

Quote: (07-10-2015 07:26 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Burner which cities were you in may I ask?

Is it true some families are living off of $300/month?

Spent most of my time in Krakow, did some gaming in Gdansk and Warsaw as well.

I picked up a girl working at a convenience store. She was making around 6 zloty an hour. She had 2 roommates and paid for her rent and had enough for food. Her parents sent her money for extras.

The Poland thread - Simeon_Strangelight - 07-11-2015

Totally false perception. Most Polish people earn between 1000zl - 2200zl per month net.

They have a lifestyle on aggregate that is higher than it should be due to the 10 mio. + of self-owned real estate that was left by the communist regime. Currently they have a much higher ownership rate than countries like Switzerland. When they sell their place, then they net 50.000$-250.000$ depending on what they inherited.

That was the single strongest factor of wealth accumulation for the common folk since 2000. It's certainly not the work, where only the top 10% make 2000$ or more.

What you have described has no basis in reality. Iphones are rare except in Warsaw, Biedronka is growing at record rates while small shops are getting hammered. Rossmann is the cheapest place for cosmetics (they offer discount as well high-end products), unless you want to buy them second-hand.

I worked for a short period in retail management and can assess the strength of those shops quite well.

Also I met a plethora of people from millionaires, corporate drones who make barely 1500$/month (while having an excellent job which would net them 40-100.000$ in Western Europe) as well as people barely making it. According to the statistics, that low end percentage is the wide majority and the success of discounters like Biedronka prove it.

That's a pretty accurate survey of consumer behavior:

[Image: 16483.gif]

The few high end stores like Piotr & Pawel or Alma do not even register there. I shop there occasionally and often see them quite empty reflecting quite correctly the low number of people who can afford to shop there. Do not mistake regional displacement of brands and market saturation as any sign that people are forcibly moving upscale via expansion of credit.

What part of the population you describe are the status hungry men and women, who will purchase the best possible in everything on credit. That is a small part of the population and it is more prevalent among the career types. If you visit the city centres like Warsaw or even Gdansk it may appear as if all the people are like that, but it's not. (apart from the fact that the highest concentration of wealthy folk live in Sopot and Warsaw - most of the rest of the country is pretty destitute while enjoying a somewhat high quality lifestyle due to some factors I mentioned above)

And frankly your posts are slowly but surely moving into troll category by hating on everyone there. First you hate the men, now you hate on everyone.

What beef do you really have by making those statements?

What would be the answers of Western young girls and boys when asked the same question? They speak about a good job often, because they know that otherwise they won't be able to afford much. The girls speak more of a satisfactory job and the reason why the prioritize it there as much is because the men hardly make enough to support the whole household. The same Polish girl in the UK becomes pregnant very fast and mostly not as a single mother, but because the guy can finally make enough for both of them. Most Polish girls are pretty frugal - if you had dated some for longer periods you would know.

By the way - those are the smartphone market shares in Poland:

[Image: SpidersWeb-polski-rynek-smartfonow-grudz...sciowo.png]

Keep in mind that this only the smartphone market - plenty of older folk use still conventional phones. Iphones are probably 1% at the most - and yes in the cities - they are much more common, but they are still only 1% - even among the young students not breaching 8%, because they can get a Samsung for free from the operator.

The Poland thread - whoishe - 07-11-2015

As always Zelcorpion provides excellent information about situation in Poland.

Spalex - your posts about Poland continue to seem trollish to me, or you are just too drunk when you write them.

The Poland thread - spalex - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-11-2015 02:33 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

What part of the population you describe are the status hungry men and women, who will purchase the best possible in everything on credit. That is a small part of the population and it is more prevalent among the career types. If you visit the city centres like Warsaw or even Gdansk it may appear as if all the people are like that, but it's not. (apart from the fact that the highest concentration of wealthy folk live in Sopot and Warsaw - most of the rest of the country is pretty destitute while enjoying a somewhat high quality lifestyle due to some factors I mentioned above)

And frankly your posts are slowly but surely moving into troll category by hating on everyone there. First you hate the men, now you hate on everyone.

Quote: (07-11-2015 03:46 AM)whoishe Wrote:  

Spalex - your posts about Poland continue to seem trollish to me, or you are just too drunk when you write them.

Ofcourse my observations are going to be from inside the big cities. Nobody would spend much time out in the villages if they didn't have to.
I'm just describing what I see. Though to be fair, I don't go to the poor neighbourhoods around here.
But they only people I see in the supermarkets like Tesco, Poitr & Pawel and Real are the retired elderly, and the real lower class people.

I'm not trolling. Trolling would be glamorizing this place and setting people up for disappointment when they finally come here because they have heard so much good things about it. When really, it is just cheap and the women aren't fat.
This is just what I am seeing. Poland is a big country, it's not the same everywhere.
Anyway, most of it is just banter.
What? You don't think its funny that you walk into the gym locker room and guys would be standing around naked taking pictures of each other then go out and probably beat up people on the street for being gay.
Or you don't think that bum-bags / fanny packs on a man is a fucking awful choice when it comes to things a person would wear?
Or you haven't noticed how it is way more common for a man to have a fucking hideous haircut here than it is in other places?

You guys don't sit around and talk about this stuff when you go for beers with your mates?

The Poland thread - samsamsam - 07-11-2015

Spalex, sure guys banter about some of the negatives but they also share the good stuff.

Could you share some of the positives about the city you are in? I'm curious about why you chose the city you are in.

Thanks!

The Poland thread - germany - 07-11-2015

How did you get in that position anyway??

Quote: (07-11-2015 02:04 PM)germany Wrote:  

How did you get in that position anyway??

Never experienced that myself and I have been to many gyms here all across the country. Spalex certainly has accumulated strange almost unbelievable experiences here.

Are you sure it wasn't on a show you saw on TV?

The Poland thread - Booyah - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-09-2015 11:56 PM)Pokerbaby Wrote:  

Bialystok is a poorer Polish city. True. That's one good thing I like about it. Avg salary probably like 300 a month or something. That's why I think it's better to go to places like this as opposed to Warsaw. Girls definitely love foreigners especially ones who look like they come from richer countries.

Average month salary in Bialystok (the poorest polish city) is 900$, dunno how do you get your information but you just wrote some bullshit.

and to all the people who doesn't understand this simple thing, i'll give you an example:

you may get 10zl/h in Poland for some lame job while, for example, in Finland you'll get 10 euro/h but you don't got one thing, once you live here and earn here you go to some shop like Tesco and buy one kg of chicken breast for 14zł while this same shit costs 14 euro in Finland.

Each one of you seems to forget about it.

The Poland thread - Pokerbaby - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-11-2015 03:57 PM)Booyah Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2015 11:56 PM)Pokerbaby Wrote:  

Average month salary in Bialystok (the poorest polish city) is 900$, dunno how do you get your information but you just wrote some bullshit.

and to all the people who doesn't understand this simple thing, i'll give you an example:

you may get 10zl/h in Poland for some lame job while, for example, in Finland you'll get 10 euro/h but you don't got one thing, once you live here and earn here you go to some shop like Tesco and buy one kg of chicken breast for 14zł while this same shit costs 14 euro in Finland.

It says so in wikipedia. Though they reference a 2009 report so it's probably a bit higher. I have also spoken to many people in Bialystok and found very few people made more than 500 Euros a month which is just my experience. But no way is it as high as 900.00 a month. The average salary for Poland in general is only about 700 Euros per month. Anyways, even if it was higher, the only demographic we really care about is the median salary among young women working ages 18-25 (After 25, the women are usually married in the smaller Polish cities). Among this group, there's just no way average salary is a net 900 USD per month.

Anyways, who cares about the actual number. My point being made is that the women in Poland, though not as broke as say the Ukraine, are still somewhat disillusioned by their hard work and relatively poor standard of living. They will be attracted to a successful western guy. I'm living proof.

Quote: (07-11-2015 03:57 PM)Booyah Wrote:  

This is beyond rubbish. Minimum wage is 1200 zl net. Plenty of people even at corporations work for 2500zl net. 900$ is what some managers even get. Sure - there are PGNIG gas workers who get 1400$ net, but that is the equivalent of US oil shell workers.

And the comparison of chicken is ridiculous too, because you have to realize that there is practically no valid social net in Poland and rents in cities like Krakow for a shitty one bed-room apartments incl. costs are 1100zl. Meanwhile when you go to the shopping center 80% of the clerks make 1400zl net. Yes - just go to the stupid Zlote Tarasy and most of them will be making less than 2000zl while rents in Warsaw are closer to 1500zl minimum.

The chickens are cheaper, but fuel is almost the same, cars are the same, electronics and Ikea costs the same. Your 900$ per month are pulled out of the ass of a fairy - with all due respect.

The Poland thread - Booyah - 07-11-2015

The average salary in Bialystok is 3000zl.

The average salary in Poland, in may 15' is 4000zl

you have to tell me, how did it happen that u paid for rent 1100zl for one bedroom apartment while im staying in Lodz, living in a city centre, in a 75m2

I just wanna be understood correctly, im not saying that the standard of living is same as in f.e Germany because it isn't. Im just saying that this country is still developing and after 25yrs of actual freedom managed to catch up southern european countries economy.

The Poland thread - Pokerbaby - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-11-2015 07:50 PM)Booyah Wrote:  

The average salary in Bialystok is 3000zl.

The average salary in Poland, in may 15' is 4000zl

you have to tell me, how did it happen that u paid for rent 1100zl for one bedroom apartment while im staying in Lodz, living in a city centre, in a 75m2

I just wanna be understood correctly, im not saying that the standard of living is same as in f.e Germany because it isn't. Im just saying that this country is still developing and after 25yrs of actual freedom managed to catch up southern european countries economy.

It didn't, Italy, Spain, Portugal all have higher avg and median salaries.

And right, food and rent are a lot cheaper in Poland. But a lot of things are not.

Can you please tell me what is the point of your assessment that Poland is somehow, as you say, a rich country? Are you telling people not to game there because it's just as bad as western europe?

The Poland thread - Driesinator - 07-11-2015

Leaving for Poland tomorrow by way of Polski-Bus, going to be a long ride in a bus filled with drunk Polish workers who are going back home for the summer.

Hopefully there will be some good old vodka involved.

Already pipelined a very beautiful girl through a fake name Facebook account i had set up , an 18 year old artsy 'creative' type chick who models on the side that i would classify as an 8.5, she's going to pick me up from the busstop and we're then going out to have dinner in the best 'classic' Polish restaurant in town, afterwards we're going back to my new pad for some 'French red wine' i'm going to bring with me and a movie [Image: hump.gif] . Going to have to weasel my way out of giving her a fake name and profile though since i'm staying there for a while and i might want to keep her around a bit.

Pipelining tip : If you plan on going to a city, ask in a local Facebook group where the best bars/restaurants are in town or something. If a girl likes your look or you have DHV'd your (in my case fake) profile enough, she'll send you a private message. I got quite a few messages, including one from an angry Polish football hooligan who didn't seem too happy about me coming over there [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] . So it might be best advised to use a fake name if you're going this route.

Also, judging by the pictures, i'm very satisfied with the appartment my employer has arranged for me, everything paid for, right in the center, everything brand new, some basic furniture to get me started, large kingsize bed, a cute little terras and even a flatscreen HD TV and a dishwashing machine (i hate washing dishes).

I can also say that when i was pipelining, all Polish girls were much friendlier, fun, interesting and sweet during online conversations compared to Western European girls. Badoo also seems to be better than Tinder in Poland in terms of quality and the amount of girls who use it. There also seem to be alot more 'cute' girls online in Poland compared to Western Europe. Will be interesting to see if this is also the case offline and on the ground.

Excited.