Roosh V Forum
Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Health: Apple Cider Vinegar (/thread-7518.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Independent1 - 06-11-2015

Quote: (06-11-2015 10:26 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Anyone drink ACV for a longer (1+ years) duration?

I went off the bandwagon, concerned about the longer terms effects.

Interested to know this too, what made you have concerns?

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - BostonBMW - 07-12-2015

Quote: (06-11-2015 11:01 PM)Lanky Wrote:  

Quote: (06-11-2015 10:26 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Anyone drink ACV for a longer (1+ years) duration?

I went off the bandwagon, concerned about the longer terms effects.

Interested to know this too, what made you have concerns?

My main concerns are:

1. Teeth discoloration
2. ACV's Acidity damaging the tooth enamel
3. Impact on the esophagus

These are just a few items that are a concern. Like I said, I might restart using it, however need to figure out the long term effects.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - redbeard - 07-12-2015

I've been drinking it for about a year. Religiously. No negative side effects. I'd argue that I'm in the best shape of my life right now, and ACV has only helped.

I digest big meals easier, have more energy, and breathe better especially in high pollen atmospheres. When I go a few days off ACV I lose some of these effects.

As far as teeth goes, if you take it from a shot glass and shoot it right down the throat, it barely touches your teeth. GLL even claims that ACV will help your teeth:

http://www.gll-getalife.com/get-ripped/d...er-vinegar

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Seth_Rose - 07-12-2015

Quote: (07-12-2015 01:46 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

My main concerns are:

1. Teeth discoloration

These are just a few items that are a concern. Like I said, I might restart using it, however need to figure out the long term effects.

I personally try and dilute ACV as much as possible when drinking it, I think it will definitely lessen the potential negative impacts of ACV. That said, I am a bit concerned about the impact on the esophagus as that 'burning' in the throat can't be good.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - redbeard - 07-12-2015

I did some research on the acidity of ACV.

To start - I'm skeptical of all the "ACV helps alkalize your body!" claims. The pH of the body is very complicated and outside my scope of knowledge. Despite my inability to explain ACV, I still believe in its potency.

That being said I have enough of a chemistry background to help dispel some of the myths of drinking acid.

First, it's important to know that pH is the concentration of H+ in a solution. Think about it in terms of booze (alcohol by volume, ABV, proof, etc.). Vodka vs. beer. 1 shot of vodka = 1 glass of beer. The vodka is much more concentrated, and manages to do the same job as a glass of beer.

Here is a quick video that explains pH:

Now, back to the acid. The current theory is that ACV is so acidic that drinking one small shot of it will regulate your pH levels, make your body more acidic, remove toxins, and make life better. But...how acidic is ACV? This site shows the acidity of many common drinks.

ACV has pH 3.1. Neutral water is 7...so yes, ACV is very acidic! Taking one shot will probably lower the pH of your body. But what about other drinks?

-Pepsi - 2.49
-Coke - 2.53
-Powerade - 2.75
-Diet coke - 3.39
-Sprite - 3.42

Hmmm....so sodas are equally or more acidic as ACV. Recall again that pH is a concentration, so this means that 1 shot of Powerade will lower the pH of your body more than ACV! Even more, people drink sodas by the can, so one can of coke should change your pH more than even the daily recommendation of 1 shot of ACV. If this is true then constant soda drinkers should be pillars of good health due to the immense amount of acid they drink.

If the acidicty of ACV is what benefits us, then the same results could be achieved drinking soda.

On the flip side, if ACV can damage your teeth or tear up your esophogus like so many people fear, then drinking soda will be even worse for you. But everyday Americans consume soda by the case and no one has destroyed esophagus because of it. There are definitely people who have brown teeth because of constant soda drinking, but that can be avoided by taking care of your teeth well:

http://www.gll-getalife.com/get-style/en...t-heard-of

I think it's safe to say that the acidity of ACV will not mess up your teeth or digestive system due to the small amounts being consumed.

So why is it good for you? I have no idea. But sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Keep drinking ACV. I'm going to go take a shot now.

Quote: (07-12-2015 01:53 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

I've been drinking it for about a year. Religiously. No negative side effects. I'd argue that I'm in the best shape of my life right now, and ACV has only helped.

I digest big meals easier, have more energy, and breathe better especially in high pollen atmospheres. When I go a few days off ACV I lose some of these effects.

As far as teeth goes, if you take it from a shot glass and shoot it right down the throat, it barely touches your teeth. GLL even claims that ACV will help your teeth:

http://www.gll-getalife.com/get-ripped/d...er-vinegar

That's very helpful. Glad ACV is working well for you. I am planning on coming back to later this summer.

Quote: (07-12-2015 02:05 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

Quote: (07-12-2015 01:46 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

My main concerns are:

1. Teeth discoloration

I personally try and dilute ACV as much as possible when drinking it, I think it will definitely lessen the potential negative impacts of ACV. That said, I am a bit concerned about the impact on the esophagus as that 'burning' in the throat can't be good.

What are you diluting it with? I am considering buying pressed apple juice and mixing half a shot glass with ACV. I used to do it with water before.

Quote: (07-12-2015 02:46 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

To start - I'm skeptical of all the "ACV helps alkalize your body!" claims. The pH of the body is very complicated and outside my scope of knowledge. Despite my inability to explain ACV, I still believe in its potency.

That being said I have enough of a chemistry background to help dispel some of the myths of drinking acid.

First, it's important to know that pH is the concentration of H+ in a solution. Think about it in terms of booze (alcohol by volume, ABV, proof, etc.). Vodka vs. beer. 1 shot of vodka = 1 glass of beer. The vodka is much more concentrated, and manages to do the same job as a glass of beer.

Now, back to the acid. The current theory is that ACV is so acidic that drinking one small shot of it will regulate your pH levels, make your body more acidic, remove toxins, and make life better. But...how acidic is ACV? This site shows the acidity of many common drinks.

ACV has pH 3.1. Neutral water is 7...so yes, ACV is very acidic! Taking one shot will probably lower the pH of your body. But what about other drinks?

-Pepsi - 2.49
-Coke - 2.53
-Powerade - 2.75
-Diet coke - 3.39
-Sprite - 3.42

Hmmm....so sodas are equally or more acidic as ACV. Recall again that pH is a concentration, so this means that 1 shot of Powerade will lower the pH of your body more than ACV! Even more, people drink sodas by the can, so one can of coke should change your pH more than even the daily recommendation of 1 shot of ACV. If this is true then constant soda drinkers should be pillars of good health due to the immense amount of acid they drink.

If the acidicty of ACV is what benefits us, then the same results could be achieved drinking soda.

On the flip side, if ACV can damage your teeth or tear up your esophogus like so many people fear, then drinking soda will be even worse for you. But everyday Americans consume soda by the case and no one has destroyed esophagus because of it. There are definitely people who have brown teeth because of constant soda drinking, but that can be avoided by taking care of your teeth well:

I think it's safe to say that the acidity of ACV will not mess up your teeth or digestive system due to the small amounts being consumed.

So why is it good for you? I have no idea. But sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Keep drinking ACV. I'm going to go take a shot now.

Excellent, I like the data that you have put together. Very useful.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Renton1875 - 07-12-2015

Quote: (07-12-2015 02:46 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

-Pepsi - 2.49
-Coke - 2.53
-Powerade - 2.75
-Diet coke - 3.39
-Sprite - 3.42

Hmmmm.

Couple of points to clarify your queries regarding the chemistry redbeard.

From the EarthClinic site.

Quote:Quote:

Acidic pH Remedies
Last Modified on Apr 12, 2015

Home > Ailments > Acidic pH Remedies

Treating an acidic pH requires the alkalization of the body. Many common substances can be used to achieve this process and maintain an appropriate pH in the body. Apple cider vinegar as well as several other tonics is effective buffering agents for balancing the body’s pH.

What is Acidic pH?

Characterized by the presence of too much acid in the body fluids, acidic pH or acidosis occurs as the kidneys and lungs are unable to keep the body’s pH in balance. The common symptoms associated with the condition include fatigue, confusion, shortness of breath, sleepiness, rapid breathing, headache, lack of appetite and fruity smelling breath. Several factors contribute to the onset of the condition including chronic airway conditions, injury, obesity, nervous system issues, heart failure, cancer, seizures and others.

Natural Buffers for Balancing pH

A buffer is any agent that is able to regulate the pH and prevent further imbalance. A variety of natural tonics serve as buffers and regulate the pH. Apple cider vinegar, baking soda and magnesium hydroxide are appropriate options for treating acidic pH.

Apple Cider Vinegar

While acidic itself, apple cider vinegar has an alkaline effect on the body. When taken as a tonic, apple cider vinegar causes the body’s pH level to become more alkaline. This tonic also eradicates toxins and other infection causing substances from the body.

Baking Soda

Baking soda is another alkalizing component. Baking soda works to alkalize the body and naturally balance the system. The compound also soaks up and neutralizes the overabundance of acids in the system.

Magnesium Hydroxide

Magnesium hydroxide is another chemical known as a neutralizing acid. Also known as milk of magnesia, the compound is safe and nontoxic and helps in treating over acidity of the system. This compound is typically taken as a slurry.

When the bodily fluids contain too much acid, the result is an acidic pH, which can cause a number of issues. Several natural treatments can safely neutralize the system and prevent further imbalance and symptoms.

Also quoting Ted from Bangkok.

Quote:Quote:

Apple Cider Vinegar in itself is alkaline because of its "ash" content, which means if the apple cider vinegar was burned, what is left over becomes ash. When you check for the pH of that ash and dissolve it with water, the content is alkaline. Whenever our body digests anything, it undergoes oxidation, which is similar to burning and the end result is that you can determine whether the end product was alkaline or acid. Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties, primarily coming from the malic acid and acetic acid portion of the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar acts as a buffer in the body because the acetic acid reacts with base or acid compounds to form an acetate, therefore rendering them chemically bioavailable for the body's utilization. Additionally, Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce the toxicity of certain compounds by converting the toxin into an acetate compound, which is less toxic. This is why they are ideal for insect bites and certain skin allergies. While Apple Cider vinegar in itself is considered alkaline, a chemically pure vinegar (acetic acid) is neither acid nor basic forming as it leaves no ash as the entire portion, when burned evaporates completely. Ted

Hope this helps.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - DarkGable - 07-19-2015

Thanks to whoever mentioned mixing ACV with Seltzer water (I guess that what sparking water is called in the US).
It's quite tasty and goes down easily.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - TrifeLife - 07-24-2015

I'm kinda addicted to the flavor when I mix it with water. Sometimes I hit with a little maple syrup, per the recommendation on the Braggs lable.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - MMX2010 - 08-20-2015

For those who cannot stomach ACV, combining it with Udo's oil makes a very good salad dressing.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 08-21-2015

Quote: (08-06-2014 03:17 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Tried Grape ACV at my local health food store

Restocking this weekend

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - MMX2010 - 08-22-2015

Quote: (08-21-2015 03:04 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Which health food store and how much did you pay per bottle?

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Seth_Rose - 08-22-2015

Has anyone experienced tooth sensitivity as a result of drinking ACV? I was getting a bit yesterday and want to know what caused it.

I know acidic foods/drink can cause sensitivity, but I make sure to dilute ACV when I drink it.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 08-23-2015

Quote: (08-22-2015 01:03 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2015 03:04 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Which health food store and how much did you pay per bottle?

Place called Fruitfield Yield (not sure if they are a national chain)

Cost me $2.47 after tax

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - cycl0ne - 08-24-2015

If you want to avoid the acidity drink using a straw. This is recommended for all acidic drinks

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - cuhcuh - 08-31-2015

Just bought a bottle of ACV from my local GNC store. Put two spoonfuls in a bottle of water, shook it up, and drank it right before dinner. I noticed that my body digested the food easier than before and can't wait to reap the rest of the benefits. Best 5 bucks ever spent.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - cuhcuh - 09-01-2015

Quick update: Woke up this morning with a burning sore throat. Had no idea what caused it, but I took the regular ACV, this time with 2 spoonfuls of all natural honey, and within minutes the sore throat was gone.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - sour grapes - 09-02-2015

It is important to note that ACV is not really nutrition - giving nutrition to the body -- but is more remedy. Hence noting this difference may help determining why one takes ACV.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Belgrano - 09-02-2015

Quote: (08-20-2015 01:28 PM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

For those who cannot stomach ACV, combining it with Udo's oil makes a very good salad dressing.

Before reading the RVF I didn´t know you could use ACV for anything else but putting it on a salad (together with pumpkin seed oil, as is the tradition in my part of Austria).
When I was a child my parents took me on vacation to the USA (Florida), and I distinctively remember that my dad, who´s not the most cosmopolitan person to begin with, kept complaining that there is no real/normal salad in this country, meaning the dressing (also no real bread and no real beer). [Image: rolleyes.gif]
By the way we also noticed that most food in the US was either too salty or too sweet, just like the salad dressings. I haven´t been in the US for a long time now, would be interesting to see whether I could still notice that or not.

Back to ACV, now that I think about it, I remember my mum and my grandmothers would often apply ACV soaked compresses against all kinds of things, warts, bruises, muscle strain, rashes, etc. Worked quite well.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Sgt - 09-05-2015

So, some of you are mixing it with ... Me, I always made it a point to drink ACV undiluted [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Not out of some notion of proving that I'm tough ...but because I don't understand the chemistry aspect of it and I always thought that the acidity was an integral part of the health aspect, and that this part would vanish if I dilute the ACV.

But the consensus seems to be that it doesn't matter at all how much or with what you dilute the ACV, correct?

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - QuietDog - 09-07-2015

Been taking this stuff for about a week now, twice a day. Definitely notice the higher energy levels and raging morning wood. Been having a bit of an issue with heartburn but I think that could partly be because I've mostly been drinking it with pineapple juice which is quite acidic. Gonna start putting it in shakes and downing it straight I think.

Do you guys take it before or after you eat? I read through the majority of this thread but I don't know if a definite answer for this ever came up. I remember someone linked to something saying it should be before but others said they have it after. Guess I can just do some experimenting

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Clockwerk - 09-07-2015

Quote: (09-05-2015 05:57 AM)Sgt Wrote:  

So, some of you are mixing it with ...
  • honey
  • water
  • apple juice
  • etc.
Me, I always made it a point to drink ACV undiluted [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Not out of some notion of proving that I'm tough ...but because I don't understand the chemistry aspect of it and I always thought that the acidity was an integral part of the health aspect, and that this part would vanish if I dilute the ACV.

But the consensus seems to be that it doesn't matter at all how much or with what you dilute the ACV, correct?

Been taking a tablespoon of ACV first thing empty stomach for a couple years now. This seems to work for me.

There is a health remedy on infowars to help you remove gall bladder stones and it talks about putting two tbsp in a glass of water four times a day and at the end of six days you take a cup of olive oil. The ACV softens up the stones. So I presume ACV is effective either concentrated or diluted.

Health: Apple Cider Vinegar - Sexus - 10-24-2015

Got a bottle of ACV (Bragg) at Whole Foods/Paycheck yesterday. I agree that WF Game is real. An added benefit of spending money wisely. I took a shot (two table spoons) a while ago. It's not bad straight. I don't mind the taste of vinegar and I have iron guts. There is definitely something to this stuff. I felt the rush not five-minutes after the shot.... even before my morning coffee. Will take another jump before my hard bike ride in a few hours and report back.