Roosh V Forum
How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How to get laid on okcupid like a boss (/thread-3601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - XPQ22 - 01-22-2017

Quote: (01-22-2017 03:01 PM)griffinmill Wrote:  

Great to see you back in the thread. Like you, I've not dabbled in online in a while as I've been slouching toward monogamy with the the one girl for a while now. I had my best years online in 2013 and 2014 and the burnout you speak of is very familiar. The ROI became poor and I just lost all patience for it. I was still getting laid, but not with the ease and frequency that had once made online so beneficial. I also couldn't deal with the ghosting after the make-outs and being blocked after the ONS near-misses.

I can't even remember all the chicks who I thought it was going really good, making out on the date and then for no good reason to my mind the ASD come screaming in, "I gotta be up for work tomorrow" and then there's no way on God's earth it's possible to get her out again.

Quote:Quote:

Online can still be a supplement though, and it's good to know it's always there.

There's this one really hot blonde girl who I've seen on the site who has been visiting my profile religiously every couple of months for the better part of a year. I send her an opener whenever I see her show up, and so far it's been silence.

The frustrating thing is that her location is the next goddamn town over. And the towns around here are fairly compact; I bet she lives literally three fuckin' miles from me.

This is the kind of frustration that burns ya out. [Image: dodgy.gif]

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Vincent Chase - 01-22-2017

Quote: (01-22-2017 03:09 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2017 03:01 PM)griffinmill Wrote:  

Great to see you back in the thread. Like you, I've not dabbled in online in a while as I've been slouching toward monogamy with the the one girl for a while now. I had my best years online in 2013 and 2014 and the burnout you speak of is very familiar. The ROI became poor and I just lost all patience for it. I was still getting laid, but not with the ease and frequency that had once made online so beneficial. I also couldn't deal with the ghosting after the make-outs and being blocked after the ONS near-misses.

I can't even remember all the chicks who I thought it was going really good, making out on the date and then for no good reason to my mind the ASD come screaming in, "I gotta be up for work tomorrow" and then there's no way on God's earth it's possible to get her out again.

Quote:Quote:

Online can still be a supplement though, and it's good to know it's always there.

There's this one really hot blonde girl who I've seen on the site who has been visiting my profile religiously every couple of months for the better part of a year. I send her an opener whenever I see her show up, and so far it's been silence.

The frustrating thing is that her location is the next goddamn town over. And the towns around here are fairly compact; I bet she lives literally three fuckin' miles from me.

This is the kind of frustration that burns ya out. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Burn out is easy in this fucking game. I'm recovering from a russian from last night. I hear "I need to wake up early" a lot of fucking times, I now say it myself as one of the first things I say it flips the script such that they are chasing me. At best they will say it as well after (unusual) but even then it just means that me and her are both in the same boat. I also always tell them I'm off on holiday in a few days as well. It is their one and only chance. That is the only way I've really handled girls like that with the mindset of "sure I like to see him again" before heading home with barely a kiss then get texted by 10 other guys and forgetting who you are by the morning. They have next to no attention span, you have to make the most of it while they're there. The frame to go for with most girls is that the world ends at midnight. Some of my best bangs are of me actually flying out in the morning so I try to imitate that.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Mess O. - 01-22-2017

It really is great to see some of you guys back over here, as I'm trying to get back into the swing of things better than ever, so I can sure benefit from the input.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Vill@in - 01-23-2017

Quote: (01-22-2017 04:15 PM)Vincent Chase Wrote:  

That is the only way I've really handled girls like that with the mindset of "sure I like to see him again" before heading home with barely a kiss then get texted by 10 other guys and forgetting who you are by the morning. They have next to no attention span, you have to make the most of it while they're there. The frame to go for with most girls is that the world ends at midnight. Some of my best bangs are of me actually flying out in the morning so I try to imitate that.

Goddamn, this is SO true. I can't stress this enough...strike while the iron is hot. As soon as you get an opportunity to meet with a girl, do it. It's really a race against the clock because she'll continue to be hammered with messages when you two are talking. I had a good connection with a girl last week, we talked over the phone and now I haven't talked to her in a few days due to being busy. No texts or anything from her...so I am already considering her a lost cause. I can't speak for her, but I felt we had a good connection for the few days we talked. But I didn't strike immediately and meet up...that's really your best opportunity to stand out in her mind.

The girls on these sites are just getting swarmed daily...they get overwhelmed and just ride that wave of instant excitement. Just don't take it personally and have a bit of abundance mentality yourself.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - churros - 01-23-2017

Is paying for premium worth it?

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - XPQ22 - 01-23-2017

Quote: (01-23-2017 05:06 PM)churros Wrote:  

Is paying for premium worth it?

I had it for half the time I was a regular user, and half not.

I didn't notice much of a difference.

Most of the features it offers don't seem particularly valuable. "Read receipts" aren't very helpful - the only thing that matters is if she's talking to you, or not. If she's not then who really cares if she's read your text or what the reason is. You can see who "likes" you, but in my experience "likes" are fairly worthless. Girls who "visit" your profile is a much better IOI. More often than not a girl who "likes" you is just a casual flipper and not going to reply anyway.

I'm trying to remember the other things you get. "Incognito" mode? Might be useful for a guy trying to pull on the DL from a wife or girlfriend but probably not terribly useful to most guys here. Change your user name at will? Eh.

About the only feature I remember that you get that might be worth paying for is more advanced filter options, like sorting by body type, height, and attractiveness. And the attractiveness filter sometimes has weird ideas about things.

If you're going to pay I'd probably just put the money into "Boosts", which usually at least provide immediate results in the form of more girls checking out your profile.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - churros - 01-23-2017

Cool, thanks for the info.

One more recent feature stuck out to me: your messages rise to the top. Sounds like it might be effective.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Naughty By Nature - 01-24-2017

Do you dudes exaggerate your height and, if so, by how much?

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - torridon747 - 01-24-2017

I always do by 1 inch because I'd rather not be another guy claiming 6'0"

Though I'm sure you could get away with way more. Women can't eyeball measurements for shit. It's actually a well documented phenomena.

I've had girls guess my height and I've got from 5'7" to 6'4". I don't know if it means anything but I always suspect women thay guess higher respect me more and less respect me less.

Remember women don't use a scientific method they guess based on how they feel. For fucks sake you could have a 4 inch dick and tell a girl that it's 7 and I guarantee most of them wouldn't correct you. So a few extra inches on your height won't mean anything

Quote: (01-24-2017 12:46 AM)Eugenics Wrote:  

I always do by 1 inch because I'd rather not be another guy claiming 6'0"

Though I'm sure you could get away with way more. Women can't eyeball measurements for shit. It's actually a well documented phenomena.

I've had girls guess my height and I've got from 5'7" to 6'4". I don't know if it means anything but I always suspect women thay guess higher respect me more and less respect me less.

Remember women don't use a scientific method they guess based on how they feel. For fucks sake you could have a 4 inch dick and tell a girl that it's 7 and I guarantee most of them wouldn't correct you. So a few extra inches on your height won't mean anything

LOL at 5'7 to 6'4.

Yeah, that sounds right, sadly.

I'm 5'9 (5'10 in shoes). Just started doing online dating due to my frustration with the flakage and terrible logistics out here in LA. I'm finding online dating tough, too. Maybe I should put 5'11 or 6'0, like padding a resume. [Image: wink.gif]

I have some suspicion that you aren't being disqualified on your height alone. Go ahead and do it. If you are 5'9 i would bet no girl will ever call you out on it (unless she's taller than 5'9). But something tells me you could take better pictures and write a wittier profile. Good pictures go a long way. So does writing a funny profile that makes them laugh and doesn't really tell a whole lot about you.

Quote: (10-14-2011 11:55 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

I'm going to share one of my best tricks for online dating that has got my penis in the door so many times.

go online and find a guy who looks pretty similar or close to you but is more buff and ripped (with no headshot at best) and put it.
second thing is augment your height by a couple of inches, most girls don't know what an exactly 6 and 6'4 guy is anyway and even they inflate their height and decrease their weight. a lot of girls are fixated on height when looking online for someone to bone em cuz to them it's like shopping.

If a girl asks you (for her to ask she has to see you naked) tell her that the picture was last summer when you were training real hard. When you and her are in bed, she wont care that much.

It worked for me.

This is utterly brilliant. I may try both of those.

Quote: (01-24-2017 01:08 AM)Eugenics Wrote:  

I have some suspicion that you aren't being disqualified on your height alone. Go ahead and do it. If you are 5'9 i would bet no girl will ever call you out on it (unless she's taller than 5'9). But something tells me you could take better pictures and write a wittier profile. Good pictures go a long way. So does writing a funny profile that makes them laugh and doesn't really tell a whole lot about you.

Thanks bro. I have no idea if my pictures are good or not. I mean...I look good but I have no idea if they're considered good by online standards (my main one is a profile pic, smiling, looking away from the camera). I don't have a lot of stuff on there, in terms of the content. Should I make a lot of jokes? Do you have a script of sorts that I should just copypasta?

Also, I don't have any on OKC and POF but I do have a pic with a hawt babe on Tinder. Is that beneficial or does it look sleazy? BTW my results thus far on Tinder have been atrocious, haha.

What pics are the best pics? I also have one of me in nature and a serious looking quality headshot.

Quote: (06-27-2012 01:13 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

What BlurredSevens said is backed up on the OkTrends blog: http://blog.okcupid.com/

It has tons of online dating data for you to feast on.

LOL, WTF? White men get slaughtered by black women. How the heck does one explain that?!

EDIT: Totally flip-flopped the two charts. White men slaughter black women, lol.

There are a few good picture guides here.

If you're not doing well on tinder and you're in a midsized town that might spell bad news for your pictures.

I'm honestly not a good looking dude and I'm not killing it on any one platform but I get by. A few tinder matches a day, a few OKC dates a week when I'm active. POF is a graveyard for me I heard some do well. Bumble about 1 match a week.

My main pictures are me doing interesting stuff. I put beautiful nature behind me (to make up for the looks lol), I have one quirky picture posing weird in an urban environment, and one photo where I'm next to a couple hot girls but they are cropped out just enough to wear it doesn't look like I'm alone and there are what could be females on one side of me. I'm also throwing up a dub (west coast sign) so thats probably not good but fuck it. I'll fuck with some wannabe hoodrat white girls but I'm sure it throws a lot of women off. I really try for the "educated drug dealer" persona but that's not everyone's style.

I would say find your best features and showcase them the best you can. Look adventurous and interesting. Leave the selfies. A lot of people suggest professional photos and that definitely works for some guys. A good friend with a camera and an adventurous attitude will get you far. Come off as playful, confident, and mature.

As for writing a profile make it fairly joking and cockey. You want a girl to laugh. You want to maintain a little mystery so her hamster can spin and make you in her head what she wants. Whatever you do, do not take your profile seriously especially if you're trying for girlsin their early 20

It also really depends on your style. What can you pull off and be attractive? If you're handsom as fuck good for you, you didn't need to read this. If you're average you gotta spit some game and figure out what works for you.

Whatever happens don't get down on yourself. Online dating is stacked against you if you aren't photogenic. I'm not like those anti-online people saying it's a waste of time but I am a firm believer thet real life approaches almost always yield higher quality results. That's for another thread of course.

Quote: (01-24-2017 03:28 AM)Eugenics Wrote:  

There are a few good picture guides here.

If you're not doing well on tinder and you're in a midsized town that might spell bad news for your pictures.

I'm honestly not a good looking dude and I'm not killing it on any one platform but I get by. A few tinder matches a day, a few OKC dates a week when I'm active. POF is a graveyard for me I heard some do well. Bumble about 1 match a week.

My main pictures are me doing interesting stuff. I put beautiful nature behind me (to make up for the looks lol), I have one quirky picture posing weird in an urban environment, and one photo where I'm next to a couple hot girls but they are cropped out just enough to wear it doesn't look like I'm alone and there are what could be females on one side of me. I'm also throwing up a dub (west coast sign) so thats probably not good but fuck it. I'll fuck with some wannabe hoodrat white girls but I'm sure it throws a lot of women off. I really try for the "educated drug dealer" persona but that's not everyone's style.

I would say find your best features and showcase them the best you can. Look adventurous and interesting. Leave the selfies. A lot of people suggest professional photos and that definitely works for some guys. A good friend with a camera and an adventurous attitude will get you far. Come off as playful, confident, and mature.

As for writing a profile make it fairly joking and cockey. You want a girl to laugh. You want to maintain a little mystery so her hamster can spin and make you in her head what she wants. Whatever you do, do not take your profile seriously especially if you're trying for girlsin their early 20

It also really depends on your style. What can you pull off and be attractive? If you're handsom as fuck good for you, you didn't need to read this. If you're average you gotta spit some game and figure out what works for you.

Whatever happens don't get down on yourself. Online dating is stacked against you if you aren't photogenic. I'm not like those anti-online people saying it's a waste of time but I am a firm believer thet real life approaches almost always yield higher quality results. That's for another thread of course.

FAWCK!

Thanks bro.

I'm a good looking dude (not a model but I would be described as a 7 or an 8) and I am getting hosed compared to you.

It looks like I'm on track for 1 or 2 Tinder matches for the entire month, lol. I am in LA, which is pretty brutal competition-wise, but still...it looks like I'm going to be getting 1 date a week between both OKC and POF.

I'm doing the adventurous thing with nature and no selfies. Weird (I also have a professional headshot in there). Maybe LA is just brutal for online dating, too.

Maybe it's tougher since I'm exclusively contacting black girls and Latinas. Strange.

I haven't gamed in LA but from what i hear it's brutal period. I have no experience with black girls and barely any with spanish girls. So I can't really help you there.

If you're an 7/8 in the looks department and you have good photos and you are getting such poor results I would have to say something is not matching up.

First of all. For tinder, do you right swipe like a madman on anything black/brown or are you very selective?

How many girls do you message a week on OKC/POF and what do your openers look like?

Quote: (01-24-2017 05:06 AM)Eugenics Wrote:  

I haven't gamed in LA but from what i hear it's brutal period. I have no experience with black girls and barely any with spanish girls. So I can't really help you there.

If you're an 7/8 in the looks department and you have good photos and you are getting such poor results I would have to say something is not matching up.

First of all. For tinder, do you right swipe like a madman on anything black/brown or are you very selective?

How many girls do you message a week on OKC/POF and what do your openers look like?

Yeah, it sucks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-ali-bin...79298.html

Yeah, it's hella wonky.

I would say I'm somewhat selective. There are a lot of gross black/brown women on there furshur.

I just started two weeks ago, but I've been messaging something like 300-400 girls/week, lol. I typically end up doing the full 100 right swipes a day on Tinder, too.

My default opener is: "You look/sound like a lethal combo of trouble and fun [Image: wink.gif]) Then, if they respond, I immediately say, "What's your schedule? We should go on an adventure sometime."

BTW I just re-added my pic with the hawt babe but with her mostly cropped out. Thanks for that tip! Should be good. I may end up sending you a link to my profiles so you can see things up close and personal, lol.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - churros - 01-24-2017

I'm getting slaughtered out here on the east coast. Giving it a week, then back to daygame..

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Remington - 01-24-2017

Quote: (01-24-2017 08:49 PM)churros Wrote:  

I'm getting slaughtered out here on the east coast. Giving it a week, then back to daygame..

What is your location on the east coast?

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - churros - 01-25-2017

Boston

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Remington - 01-25-2017

Never been to Boston but know plenty of people from Boston. Most of their accents are horrible. I wouldn't be able to put up with a conversation with one of those women for too long.

Maybe it's just me though...

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - griffinmill - 01-27-2017

Accidentally caught a few minutes of Loose Women today (the UK's version of The Talk only 600 000 000 times worse). They had an actress on from one of our popular soaps talking about how she met her husband on a popular dating site.

Some startling revelations:

She chatted to him back and forth for FOUR MONTHS before agreeing to meet
She hadn't posted a photo of herself for those four months so he had to go on a description of herself

They met finally, and married soon after.

This is her:

[Image: b96fc5822e.jpg]

The husband (who isn't even that bad looking) though not sure of his economic status or where exactly he's from:

[Image: b9738919df.jpg]

The thirst is real, gentleman.

A girl that looks like that was able to string a non-deformed man along for four months! Yowzers!

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Vill@in - 01-27-2017

Quote: (01-24-2017 12:23 AM)Naughty By Nature Wrote:  

Do you dudes exaggerate your height and, if so, by how much?

I don't. I'm a little over 5'9 with shoes. I think you can even skip the part where it asks for height on OKC.

Honestly, I end up asking girls before they ask me. I do have some that ask, but mainly I beat them to the punch. For me, any girl over 5'9 usually has big hands/feet that that's a turn off for me.

I was talking to a girl the other day on Tinder and I asked her height. From her pics I could tell she looked a little elongated (big smile, bigger teeth, etc). She said she was 5'7 and then asked me. I told her 5'9. Never heard back from her. Ok with me.

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss - Naughty By Nature - 01-27-2017

Do you dudes advise going for the meet-up on the 2nd or 3rd message?