Roosh V Forum
Anybody here own a firearm? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anybody here own a firearm? (/thread-23927.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 04-24-2017

Just saw pictures, looks really nice. Kentucky looks a bit too slim.

Anybody here own a firearm? - BlackFriar - 04-24-2017

I finally got done dumping the guns I no longer wanted, so this is what I am down to:

Colt LE6920 M4 Carbine with Aimpoint PRO, PTR91 rifle, Bolt action Savage Heavy Barrel .308, Ruger 10/22 Take down, Glock 19, plain jane Mossberg 590 pump, Zastava M92 AK pistol, Zenith/MKE MP5 pistol, Yugo M48 Mauser and a Finnish M39 Mosin Nagant.

I did all the paperwork and fingerprints and bought a Yankee Hill Phantom M2 sound suppressor. Tomorrow is payday, so I am going to go to the gunstore where I bought my supressor and get things rolling to sbr my MP5.

I should get the ok from uncle sam to pick up my supressor in December/January. Who knows how long it will take to get the ok to sbr my MP5?

After I come back from vacation for a month, I am going to buy a scooter to piddle to work on and possibly buy a 9mm pistol supressor. I can use the 308 supressor on almost anything .30 Cal and down. But it weighs 1.5 pounds. So, I will pick up a lighter can to use on my MP5 and probably can stick it on my AR15 too.

Anybody here own a firearm? - weambulance - 04-24-2017

Quote: (04-24-2017 03:42 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Just saw pictures, looks really nice. Kentucky looks a bit too slim.

Yeah, it's very comfortable and well balanced for offhand shooting. The barrel is 27 1/8" for reference.

It feels better offhand than most modern rifles, to be honest. I guess that's really important when you only get the one shot.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Araveug - 05-05-2017

I've got a scattergun and a ruger pistol. beside your dog, next best companions while camping.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sonoran_ - 05-08-2017

So today I was going to go FINALLY test my gun for the first time, one which I had bought over 6 month ago. This is my 1 and only gun so you could imagine my excitement. I was driving with a friend to a place that was around 1 hour away, the closest crown land that supposedly existed near me.

If something can go happen, it will, as Murphy's law states. Half way through the journey, this bloody valve near my engine blows up and we had to cautiously make our way back home. Thank God, the car made it back because I was not very confident driving it back.

So now I must wait for even longer to test out my new gun. So pissed.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 05-08-2017

You sure there aren't any rifle clubs near you? I can't remember the full gist of your troubles.

I didnt want to go to the shooting range because both of us would each have to pay 40$ even though we would be on 1 lane shooting my gun with my bullets.

Thats basically the only option, plus its summer time now so I thought I would go check out the crown land and do outdoor shooting.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 05-08-2017

Forty bucks vs more fuel and potential complications.

Gotta weigh this stuff up.

IIRC I advised you to use crown land on the basis that there was nowhere else to shoot. Is the $40 a range day fee or a membership fee? Unless that club is full of dickheads it would be worth finding extra sources of revenue to become a regular. My local gun club has been an invaluable source of advice and bargains.

2 of us would equal 80$ while fuel would be total 25$ to drive there and back. Im going to give it a shot again later on in the summer with another (newer) car, however I predict that once I get to the location, the place probably will be closed or not exist haha.

But yea I feel you, my long term goal is to keep it in the city at a gun club.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Parzival - 05-12-2017

I'm in the owner club now too. I made the decision to get a gun some time ago but because of many other things I wasn't able to push it as fast as I wanted it. Anyway, I was last week in the gun store, gave my ID and they run a background check. Normal it take just 3 days. So I went back and got a .22 lbs bold rife. Its a cheap chinese one.
Without a gun card I can own any bold rifle or anything where I have to reload manual. No semi automatic or pistol. I look for a .308 as well but because my finances are stretched now I got the .22

To get a gun card is also not that hard in Austria, will do it by time. Was also no issue for me as non Austrian citizen to get it in Austria. Tomorrow I go to the shooting range. Got 100 rounds for just 12 €.

[Image: attachment.jpg36657]   
[Image: attachment.jpg36658]   

Anybody here own a firearm? - 1818Steve - 05-17-2017

Here is the Smith & Wesson Model 642 that I recently bought for pocket carry. It holds 5 rounds of 38 Special. You probably don't think of 38 Special as being a hot round, but shooting 75 rounds through a 13 ounce Airweight is not a good idea. It took a week for my hands to get back to normal.

[Image: 032_zpsz5iyctof.jpg]

Anybody here own a firearm? - polar - 05-19-2017

Anyone recommend a good cheap semi-auto rifle in 22, for plinking and Project Apple Seed?

Asking for a friend.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 05-19-2017

The ruger 10/22 is pretty much the industry standard. There are better guns, but not many better for that price. It's been around largely unmodified for a long time and it's incredibly popular which adds a bonus often overlooked. It has a shitload of aftermarket accessories over dozens of brands at reasonable prices.

There are a range of variants straight from the factory, including a take-down model that can easily be broken down into two parts and put back together again which is great for transportation.

More info here: http://www.ruger.com/products/1022/overview.html

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 06-17-2017

I recently spent a day at the range where two of the guys shooting rimfire rifles had to repeatedly get out pliers to fix their flimsy stamped metal magazines because the mags were dumping their entire contents at the merest whisper of the bolt.

By contrast my Ruger rotary box magazines have feeding lips you'd have to take a cold chisel to if you wanted to harm them.

Flat out, I will never buy a rimfire rifle that doesn't feed from Ruger magazines.

Anybody here own a firearm? - YoungBlade - 06-20-2017

Found an interesting rifle for folks looking to eat game regularly. A little pricey, but has a lot of features to make up for it.

Anybody here own a firearm? - sterling_archer - 06-20-2017

What about Marlin Model 60 for the .22 lr rifle choice? Not planning to buy it, as handgun is my priority, but am interested.

P.S. I am nearing my goal of getting the license. I am probably joining the "shooting club" next month, so its a matter of time till I am a gun owner.

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 06-20-2017

Quote: (06-20-2017 08:42 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

What about Marlin Model 60 for the .22 lr rifle choice? Not planning to buy it, as handgun is my priority, but am interested.

P.S. I am nearing my goal of getting the license. I am probably joining the "shooting club" next month, so its a matter of time till I am a gun owner.

Friends don't let friends buy guns with tubular magazines that aren't reloaded below the receiver.

You will feel like you're loading a damn musket.

Just curious, how much money would you pay for brand new 10/22? I haven't seen any around here. Marlin 60 is 420$ here.
Other .22 rifles I saw are Marlin XT22, Remington 597 and SDM 98-K Infantry (Chinese one, but looks good on pictures lol). What do you think of those?

Anybody here own a firearm? - Leonard D Neubache - 06-20-2017

Quote: (06-20-2017 07:48 AM)YoungBlade Wrote:  

Found an interesting rifle for folks looking to eat game regularly. A little pricey, but has a lot of features to make up for it.

I wanted a scout ever since I started playing Counterstrike. The reality of the gun is this. It's designed (with that scope mounting) for an extremely limited kind of shooting. You can honestly think of it like a World War 2 rifle with slightly better sights for long distance and much, much worse sights for close quarters. I've always gotten the sense that this was a rifle/scope combination dreamed up for hunting African wildlife while factoring in the possibility of a long distance standoff with local militias.

Honestly if the fitout made any real sense then it would have been adopted by either police/military snipers or at least a large number of hunters but as a concept it has utterly flopped. Advances in optics and the simple invention of offset rails has made the idea completely redundant, but that just my opinion.

[Image: 05]/red-dot1.jpg

[Image: 3622d1328969269-trijicon-rmr-red-dots-ar-15-offset.jpg]

Anybody here own a firearm? - vinman - 06-20-2017

Quote: (06-20-2017 10:11 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Just curious, how much money would you pay for brand new 10/22? I haven't seen any around here. Marlin 60 is 420$ here.
Other .22 rifles I saw are Marlin XT22, Remington 597 and SDM 98-K Infantry (Chinese one, but looks good on pictures lol). What do you think of those?

There's a company called CDNN based in Texas. I just saw a Ruger 10/22 on sale for $229. Subscribe to their newsletter because they are always running sales.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/22lr-american...UlV2jdOnIU

Anybody here own a firearm? - TravelerKai - 06-20-2017

Quote: (06-20-2017 10:38 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2017 07:48 AM)YoungBlade Wrote:  

I wanted a scout ever since I started playing Counterstrike. The reality of the gun is this. It's designed (with that scope mounting) for an extremely limited kind of shooting. You can honestly think of it like a World War 2 rifle with slightly better sights for long distance and much, much worse sights for close quarters. I've always gotten the sense that this was a rifle/scope combination dreamed up for hunting African wildlife while factoring in the possibility of a long distance standoff with local militias.

Honestly if the fitout made any real sense then it would have been adopted by either police/military snipers or at least a large number of hunters but as a concept it has utterly flopped. Advances in optics and the simple invention of offset rails has made the idea completely redundant, but that just my opinion.

All these years of playing CS, I thought the Scout was a fake name for a Remington Model 600!

I don't remember where I heard that from.

Quote: (06-20-2017 12:06 PM)vinman Wrote:  

There's a company called CDNN based in Texas. I just saw a Ruger 10/22 on sale for $229. Subscribe to their newsletter because they are always running sales.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/22lr-american...UlV2jdOnIU

Interesting, but I don't know what procedure it is to buy gun online. Does my country put ridiculous taxes on it or whatever. I would need to do serious research on that in the police or other services.

This would be really nice. 10/22 with grip and collapsible stock. 270$. Can't believe how cheap you can get these guns in USA.

[Image: rug11155.jpg]

Anybody here own a firearm? - DamienCasanova - 06-20-2017

Quote: (06-20-2017 01:54 PM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

This would be really nice. 10/22 with grip and collapsible stock. 270$. Can't believe how cheap you can get these guns in USA.

[Image: rug11155.jpg]

Yeah, but why do you want a .22 anyway? Personally I think 22s are kind of pointless, they are fun for plinking around and target practice as someone said, but they're almost like toy guns to me. I never understood why people buy reproductions of high caliber rifles in .22 either, it's like buying a beautiful racing car body and putting a POS 4 banger engine in it. I'd be afraid anything I shot bigger than a squirrel would just shrug a .22 round off, they are very low power guns that don't have very effective stopping power. Unless it's the only caliber of gun you're allowed to own where you live, I would get a better/higher caliber gun, like an AK or AR, or a battle rifle like a M1 Carbine or Garand. In Europe they probably have more of the SKS or Mosin Nagant style rifles available. A shotgun especially would be far more effective for home defense.

We can own shotguns, semi auto handguns (revolvers too) and rifles if they are not automatic. .22 is just for messing around. We also have Yugoslavian SKS variant called PAP. There is no case here for home defense as there are no B&E here and people are basically never in danger.